All reviewsfrida kahlo's housemetro stopfront deskstay there againalejandrotoiletriesplazapillows
Reviewed 8 February 2017

I paid this stay with IHG points and I left feeling I wasted those points. The hotel itself to start with the positives is in good condition. Good state of maintenance, the room and bed was good, really dark and quiet and a modern renovated feel to it.

It only had one English TV channel (its the biggest city in the world guys, get better cable). The internet was spotty, I had a big sign outside my room talking wonders about the Wifi featuring Bob the Builder but I only got 2 bars of signal and a 2-3 mbps connection.

Breakfast was subpar, the bartender tended to disappear. One thing that really annoyed me is that even though no one requested a credit card from me they treated me like I wasnt going to pay. We joked with a friend that they kidnapped my laundry for a $3 laundry fee and I had to go to recpetion at 10 PM to retrieve it.

The area did not feel safe. The hotel is the nicest looking thing in miles. Several run down buildings, informal salespeople, boarded up shops around.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mexico Coyoacan, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2017

Hi Gabriel G,

Thank you for your stay and for posting a review. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate our facilities and room accommodation. However, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our breakfast, internet connectivity, and TV channel listings. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,

Christian

Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

Holiday Inn Coyoacan was a luxury. The staff, especially Alejandro, were so welcoming and helpful.
Great wifi connection throughout the building.
The location is ideal for easy arrival of Uber drivers.
The breakfast buffet, though ridiculously priced (higher than US prices), offered the vegetables and fruits we'd been craving for days. If fruits and veggies aren't your thing, there are a lot of better local breakfast options.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2017

This is a very nice hotel where we have stayed for Christmas for the past 2 years. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The location and layout of the hotel are convenient. This hotel has excellent staff in their banquet department, and they deliver a night of great food and great service combined with wonderful live music band (music en vivo), same band as last year and it was again a success!!
There was a "glow theme" party on New Years that we missed but we will surely be back next time to enjoy these awesome parties at the Holiday Inn Coyoacan!!

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2016

There are far better places to stay in this area at far better prices. I thought i 'd try this Holiday Inn once just to get a sense of it. Be forewarned: I asked for a room in a quiet area far from the very busy and noisy highway, and as a Gold Elite member they should have easily honored that request. Instead, they gave me a room near the incredibly noisy highway. The rooms are not very nice. Very old, very depressing. And the pillows are the WORST I've experienced anywhere in a long time. Front desk staff is mediocre and slow (and when they failed to acknowledge my Gold status, I asked for the 500 additional points that they promised to give -- they have these huge buttons with this promise emblazoned on their uniforms -- and they refused. Unbelievable. The woman made some bizarre Kafkaesque argument that I first had to advise them of my status so they could then make note of it to me. The breakfast area is the one nice part, with a nice buffet and friendly and professional waitstaff.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mexico Coyoacan, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2016

Dear ChristopherOnTheMove,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you liked our breakfast and I apologize if our rooms fell below your expectations. I appreciate the feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

We stayed at this Hotel because it was recommended by the Organizers of a Tap Festival our daughter attended. It was a weekend stay and close to the CENAT

Overall the Hotel has a very well located with easy access
When we arrived our room was not ready even though we had requested early checkin. The lady at the counter called, I would assume, her manager to request a room and I can only guess they told her it was not possible as she just made sad faces while listening on the phone.
We did not bother ourselves and told her we would have lunch in the restaurant. Lunch was OK -food is acceptable but not great
We were told we had our room and I went to the front desk to checkin. The persona attending took my card, asked me to sign the receipt, checked me in and gave me a key... Later found out he closed the bill therefore we could not order room service late at night and had to go downstairs to get it fixed. When I asked why they had done that there was no response.
We had a double standard room and bathroom was almost the same size of the room with the beds in it! there was no place to put our luggage, we are not picky so we just put it by the desk
Like I said we stayed here because it was the Hotel chosen for the festival, would I stay again ?? I would certainly look elsewhere first

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mexico Coyoacan, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2016

Dear GALIA F,

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am pleased to know that you liked our location. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I can assure you that your comfort and satisfaction are of utmost importance to us and for that please accept my sincere apologies if your stay was negatively affected by the service you received from our staff. I appreciate you bringing this matter into our attention as this is our best resource for improving guest satisfaction. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.