This is a fairly nice hotel that looks like it's recently undergone a remodel. New furniture, fixtures and modern flair. The big downside is the cooling of these rooms. The rooms are hot, low to mid seventies hot. I Arrived late to the hotel, checked in and the room was in the mid seventies. I Turned on the AC and went to bed hoping it would cool down. Although the AC was set much cooler than 70 it never got cool. It was a horrible first night. Spoke to the front desk about it in the morning and they said they would have it looked at. Came back late the following evening and the room was the same. Spoke with the front desk again and they said somone already looked at it. The room was still in the 70's. They asked that I wait to give it a chance to cool down. 25 minutes, a repair technician and numerous calls and I was finally moved to a room that was even hotter with an even weaker ac. It was on and barely any air was moving. Again numerous phone calls, a repair technician and we were told to move once again; this time to another floor as the staff knew the floor we were on had ac issues. Third and final room was quite the same but at this point it was close to midnight and I knew that nothing would be fixed. The room had a window that could open a few inches so I did that and let the cooler air from outside do it's best to keep me comfortable. The rooom only cooled down slightly all night because the window was open. The staff at this hotel tried to make things right but really the ac system needs an overhaul. The hotel was in close proximity to things I wanted to do but will never stay here again. If you can't sleep in warm temperatures steer clear of this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Mexico CoyoacanOur convenient location provides access to the main areas of the city including 20 minutes to Mexico City International Airport , 10 minutes to downtown and 5 minutes to the Coyoacan Mall & Town.Featuring 214 guest rooms, including junior suites, Jacuzzi suites and master suites, we have rooms available for people with special needs as well as smoking and non-smoking rooms. All rooms are equipped with a TV, cable, air conditioning and heating with independent climate control, safety deposit box, wireless high-speed Internet access , radio alarm clock, hair dryer, coffee maker, ironing kit and voice mail. Holiday Inn Mexico Coyoacan also features conference facilities for up to 1800 people . The conference area includes Meeting Rooms divisible into 18 separate rooms.Business near hotel:Novartis, Abbott, Sanofi, Glaxo, Eli Lilli, Bristol Myers, GNP, MVS, Centro Bancomer.Attractions near hotel: Coyoacan, Main Cathedral, Templo Mayor, Chapultepec Zoo, Palacio de Bellas Artes, Garibaldi Marichi Plaza, San Angel, Cuernavaca City, Six Flags. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Mexico Coyoacan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Mexico City Tlalpan Churubusco Hotel Mexico City
- Mexico City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Mexico Coyoacan Mexico City