“Quintonil....disappointed! and don’t get pushed outside...”
Review of Quintonil

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Polanco
Reviewed 2 June 2021

We booked for 5 well in advance of our visit...foodies all. On arrival, we were relegated to an outside tent rather than a table inside. We were NOT happy and this percolated down to the host person. After 10 or 15 minutes ( not even able to peruse a menu as 2 of us did not have cell phones...QR code only?.. Really?) we were moved miraculously inside. Pretty interior. Waitperson eager for us to have a good time.
Cocktails...pretty good. We ordered a la carte.
An Amuse Bouche of melon was unremarkable and a little bitter. Tamal ok, nothing special. A fish dish was good. Salad very pretty but not at all memorable. Oxtail meatballs so-so... I don’t usually eat dessert but was excited by description. Disappointed again! Chocolate tart with raspberry sorbet totally mediocre. Panna Cotta pretty but forgettable..etc etc. Nice wines (all Mexican).
The whole experience was disappointing.
Much more fun delicious meals elsewhere.. RosaNegra, Contramar, Maximo, La Docena...
Not worth the hype...at all!

1  Thank Tman312
Write a reviewReviews (1,122)

Reviewed 1 June 2021

It's a simple story: I suffered horrible food poisoning, and paid a large amount of money to do so.

As more detail, I was scheduled to dine here one late afternoon; and so literally ate and drank nothing but bottled water that day in anticipation of the meal. The meal itself went fine, and I appreciated the friendly service in particular. But very soon after leaving the restaurant, I was hit by stomach cramps that progressed into two days of a painful stomach virus, where I couldn't keep anything but water down.

I wrote to Quintonil, but they only offered some generic statements about how their restaurants "adhere to the highest standards." This was equally disappointing. Food poisoning happens, but I expect high-end restaurants to attempt to set things right rather than ignore their customers.

6  Thank nicks97531
Reviewed 12 May 2021 via mobile

A fine dinner (a la carte menu) at Quintonil this evening was significantly diminished by the truly mediocre service we received. I think the low point came when we were served some other guests’ main courses, and we had to bring their attention to this error. The incorrect meals, which had sat at our table for a minute, were then whisked away to their proper owners while we had to wait another 15 minutes for our mains. My son, with whom I was dining, said what I was thinking - management could (should) have made this better by doing something for us. They didn’t, and the message we took, as tourists, was that it wasn’t important enough to them to make the effort.

Maybe it was just an off night. Tough business the restaurant business.

Reviewed 21 March 2021

Excellent service, guys speaking english, they have english menu, nice atmosphere, food was just extra ordinary, tender, tasty, amazing combination of flavors, sauces. We had tasting menu with 10 dishes, barely could breath, so full but could not stop eating, wanted even to leak my plate after killing the dish so tasty food, definitely come back.

P.S.
I still can not understand how the Pujol can be TOP 50, such average food and so so experience with double price. Seems like they pay to be in rating top 50 best world restaurants

If you in Mexico city definitely go for Quintonil, not Pujol

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank F3221DI_
Reviewed 3 March 2021

The restaurant is very cozy and modern. The food is delicious and is a combination of traditional recipes with a modern Chef touch. It is a most I Mexican culinary tradition. You can see through to the kitchen. Degustation For a better experience I recommend sharing ;)

Date of visit: December 2020