“One of Favorite Mexico City Restaurants”
Review of Loma Linda

Loma Linda
Reserve with OpenTable
Loma Linda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 4,603 Restaurants in Mexico City
Price range: US$17 - US$37
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Paseo de las Palmas
Description: Since 1924, Loma Linda has been known for its excellent service and out of this world dishes. We were the first restaurant in Mexico City to grill our meats using charcoal. We are already an undeniable tradition. Various generations have enjoyed themselves in our tables and our dining rooms. We have an extensive menu with the finest Angus certified cuts. Loma Linda, a delicious tradition.
Reviewed 26 August 2016

Loma Linda remains one of my favorite two Argentinian restaurants in Mexico City. A friend at the American Embassy first introduced me to the Reforma location 26 years ago and whenever I am in the city, I try and have a dinner with friends or solo. The atmosphere, service and quality of the food remains excellent. The neighborhood atmosphere is relaxing and away from the busyness of Reforma.

Dinners begin with well-prepared margarita’s while one studies the menu. I’m not sure why I like looking at the menu as I tend to order the same items. I do enjoy their Cesar salads, so that will be the first item. Then I tend to move on to beef and they have a nice variety of cuts, more similar to the cuts in Buenos Aires versus in the United States. The 500 gram Bife de Loma is wonderful and always at the requested rare to medium rare. The times that I have not had beef, it has been because of a hunger for their garlic shrimp, which are very good.

Their chimichurri is as good as I have experienced in Argentina. They do sell their sauces, including chimichurri, but I have not purchased as my assumption is that they would not be allowed on the plane back to the United States.

It is nice, that after all these years, Loma Linda remains a great dining choice.

There are newer reviews for Loma Linda

Reviewed 2 August 2016

Located in a nice residential neighborhood in Mexico City, Loma Linda (aka La Tablita) has been around for over 40 years serving excellent cuts of beef. A great family restaurant!

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Love this place, I come here very often, either to this one or the ones in Polanco or interlomas. We always have several cuts of meat to share, along with mashed potatoes, spinach, asparagus with bacon, fries, and of course each of us will have an amazing empanada (best appetizer ever). The one in palmas has a play area for kids.

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Great atmosphere for business meetings. Festive ambiance in the terrace. Don't get stuck downstairs. When it comes to ordering lunch, get a couple of different cud to the center of the table and share with your companions. Don't miss out on the picanha.

Reviewed 26 July 2016

We were here for a trip down memory lane. It is not near any tourist sites and would have been put off by some of the reviews. However we really enjoyed our dinner and yes it is pricey, so if you are concerned about that give it a miss.
The steaks are the star of the show and there is a wide range of cuts and grades. Not a great deal comes with them so we ordered some extras. The quality of the meat was amazing. It comes on a hot plate in the middle of the table and is carved for you. So top tip is to order it a bit rarer than you would normally have and then you can cook it to your liking.
Desserts were very good too, crepas de cajeta (sticky toffee style pancakes!) and the brandy flamed flan being the best. The service was good and the tables kept being turned over all the time we were there so advisable to book.