“The place local Mexican families go”
Review of Loma Linda

Loma Linda
Reserve with OpenTable
Loma Linda is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 4,603 Restaurants in Mexico City
Price range: US$17 - US$36
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Paseo de las Palmas
Description: Since 1924, Loma Linda has been known for its excellent service and out of this world dishes. We were the first restaurant in Mexico City to grill our meats using charcoal. We are already an undeniable tradition. Various generations have enjoyed themselves in our tables and our dining rooms. We have an extensive menu with the finest Angus certified cuts. Loma Linda, a delicious tradition.
Reviewed 11 September 2016 via mobile

We went there on a Saturday afternoon. It was very busy. The service was very kind and helpful. The meat dishes are what the house is famous for, they come in a grill to you table. Deserts were incredible. A little too expensive, very few tourists, in most of the tables were Mexican families.

There are newer reviews for Loma Linda

Reviewed 27 August 2016

This is a wonderful place, specially the terrace!

The food is outstanding, but if I had to pick one thing on the menu that is the highlight of this place it would be the creamed corn with truffle oil.

The drinks are well served, but be prepared to stay a few hours after lunch and enjoy the scene of Mexico City local atmosphere to its fullest !

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Loma Linda remains one of my favorite two Argentinian restaurants in Mexico City. A friend at the American Embassy first introduced me to the Reforma location 26 years ago and whenever I am in the city, I try and have a dinner with friends or solo. The atmosphere, service and quality of the food remains excellent. The neighborhood atmosphere is relaxing and away from the busyness of Reforma.

Dinners begin with well-prepared margarita’s while one studies the menu. I’m not sure why I like looking at the menu as I tend to order the same items. I do enjoy their Cesar salads, so that will be the first item. Then I tend to move on to beef and they have a nice variety of cuts, more similar to the cuts in Buenos Aires versus in the United States. The 500 gram Bife de Loma is wonderful and always at the requested rare to medium rare. The times that I have not had beef, it has been because of a hunger for their garlic shrimp, which are very good.

Their chimichurri is as good as I have experienced in Argentina. They do sell their sauces, including chimichurri, but I have not purchased as my assumption is that they would not be allowed on the plane back to the United States.

It is nice, that after all these years, Loma Linda remains a great dining choice.

Reviewed 2 August 2016

Located in a nice residential neighborhood in Mexico City, Loma Linda (aka La Tablita) has been around for over 40 years serving excellent cuts of beef. A great family restaurant!

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

Love this place, I come here very often, either to this one or the ones in Polanco or interlomas. We always have several cuts of meat to share, along with mashed potatoes, spinach, asparagus with bacon, fries, and of course each of us will have an amazing empanada (best appetizer ever). The one in palmas has a play area for kids.