“Great experience”

J By Jose Andres
Ranked #31 of 5,341 Restaurants in Mexico City
Price range: US$24 - US$34
Neighbourhood: Polanco
Description: The brand-new dining concept marks the international debut of Washington, D.C.-based ThinkFoodGroup and the premier restaurant by visionary Chef José Andrés at W Hotels. J BY JOSÉ ANDRÉS features delicious specialties from Andrés' native Spain, as well as classic Spanish cuisine, elevated into something wholly unique and exciting, from the Marinated liquid olives "Aceitunas Ferrán Adriá" to the legendary Jamón Ibérico, and a classic fried egg served with caviar. Unique to this location are dishes that represent "Spain Meets Mexico," which integrate authentic and iconic ingredients from both countries, such as a classic Mexican Torta featuring Spanish Mollete bread and Mexico's Queso Fundido made with Spanish cheeses.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

We had a wonderful week in Mexico City and the last night went to J by Jose Andrés for and early dinner. We sat outside up in the trees and let our English speaking waiter order for us. He made excellent choices and each dish was outstanding.

W_Mexico_City, Gerente at J By Jose Andres, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Hi dsuby,

Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion with us, Do you remeber the name of your waiter? As I heard he mead excellent recomendations, and we take care of every detail. Did you taste our delicius desserts? If you didt´n I invite you to come back.

Beste Regards.
Restaurant General Manager

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Credit to the waiter Andre' s Huerta and delicious food. Good place to enjoy a cozy afternoon! Love it!

W_Mexico_City, Gerente at J By Jose Andres, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Hi Jiayuan H,

We really appreciate your kind comments, without a doubt I will share your opinon with Andrés and the rest of the team.
Thakns for your visit and we hope to see you soon in our beautiful restaurant.

Regards

Reviewed 21 March 2018

We had a rather odd dinner at J By Jose Andres. It started with our reservation being lost, despite us staying right in the hotel where it is located and my having walked up to their reservation desk a few days earlier. Since the restaurant was virtually empty it didn't really matter. The few people there were pretty casually dressed, in T-shirts and ball caps, which surprised me. We shared a couple of salads and a paella, which were all good, but were certainly nothing remarkable. I've always been under the impression that the sign of a properly executed paella is a caramelized crust on the bottom, which was certainly lacking, although the dish tasted fine. One salad and the liquid olives were brought at the same time, the other salad showed up later, we didn't have enough cutlery on the table (knives showed up half-way through our salads). If this had been a small, casual, inexpensive restaurant someplace I'd have been pleased with the dinner, but given the attached name I expected a whole lot more. We were in Polanco six nights and this was our most disappointing meal.
We ate breakfast in the same restaurant several times. I have to point out that the morning service is spotless, attentive and friendly, and the breakfast buffet was very good (we never needed to order their prepared dishes).

W_Mexico_City, Gerente at J By Jose Andres, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Hi Grant163

Thank you very much for your feedback, all the comments help us to improve our service. I am very sorry that we have not covered your expectations, I dare ask you a second chance to improve your experience, I assure you will not regret it. If you have an email or a telephone number where I can contact you it will be great to have more details about your dinner.

Best Regards.
Marisol Barreiro.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

If you want to eat some amazing food by José Andres in Mexico City don’t miss out on a great meal at J at the W. (Btw Jaleo is NOT by Jose Andres in Mexico City so don’t get fooled or tricked!) Both the food and service were amazing, and Abraham made the best recommendations for vegetarian and non vegetarian dishes. We have eaten at several Jose Andres restaurants in the US, but here we got to try some very unique dishes with a local flavor which had the Jose Andres touch! The sangria was the best I have had since Barcelona, Spain, and the chocolate dessert was to die for! And the prices were great compared to what we pay in the US! Don’t miss this jewel - we will be back here. P.S. - Romantic pleasant ambience with great decor - even the ladies restroom is worth a visit!

Hi Sharmila K

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion with us. We are really careful with every detail and it is amazing to hear that you had an amazing experience, I will let Abraham know about his excelent service, he will be very happy to hear it.
I am totally agree with you, we have some dishes with the perfect combination between mexican and spanish food.
We hope to see you soon.

Best Regards.
Marisol Barreiro.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

We’d enjoyed two Andres restaurants in the US so we were keen to see how he would blend Mexican cuisine into the mix. While he does keep some oh his signature dishes intact (e.g., synthetic olives, Spanish potato salad with shrimp), he offers a number of fusion dishes, e.g., Serrano ham taco, which we very much enjoyed. It was fun to experience such a wide variety of flavors in a single meal.

W_Mexico_City, Gerente at J By Jose Andres, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Hi adanacsim

Thanks for taking the time to leave your kind comment, we are so glad to hear the experience you had with us was wonderful.
I will share this comment with all the team.

Regards.