Ganesha Posada
Casa Lum(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$104
Casa del Alma Hotel Boutique & Spa(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$117
Hotel Bo(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$203
US$163
Guayaba Inn(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$116
Villas Casa Morada(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$88
Rossco Backpackers Hostel(San Cristobal de las Casas)(Great Value!)
US$23
  • Breakfast included
Casa Santa Lucia(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$78
Nuik B&B(San Cristobal de las Casas)
US$46
  • Breakfast included
Puerta Vieja Hostel(San Cristobal de las Casas)(Great Value!)
US$15
  • Breakfast included
Hostal el Rincon de los Camellos(San Cristobal de las Casas)(Great Value!)
US$13
All reviewsyoga classesfree drinking waterthe ownerbeautiful hostelwalking distanceevery morningfabianvibechillgardencentrechiapas
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed her four years ago and made friends for life at Ganesha Posada. I still hang out with the people I met at this place which make it a special place for me. The first time I was in San Cristobal I spended more than a week in this place before I went to a Mexican host family which was included in my Spanish course. Even though I was not living there anymore I came back each day to visit the people over here. I had a really good time and when I'm back in San Cristobal will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed in Ganesha for over two weeks in the wonderful cabaña they have in the garden. I took the yoga clases and got to know all the staff very well, .The owner Fabian is a super nice guy, and all the staff is very helpfull and wonderful. It's a clean hostel thanks to the amazing cleaning lady Rosita, a wonderful garden in the back where you can watch the kolibri come to take his daily shower in the small water stream. Breakfast with bread, fresh fruit, coffee and granola, homemade chai tea after every yoga class.. It's very good located on a quiet street very close to one of the mainstreets and the center square. For me I found Ganesha a very peaceful place with an energy to bring in great people, travelers from all over the world with great vibes. I had a blast and found a home away from home. And San Cristobal is a magical place so full of life, and to stay in Ganesha made my stay perfect. Thank you so much Emma, Fabian, Bely, Rosita, Carlos, all off you guys. I'll be back soon!

Room Tip: The cabaña in the garden!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank dnuldo
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

If you love yoga take a class here on Tuesday or Thursday with Allen. Otherwise avoid this place. There are much better hostels in the area and you won't have to deal with dark rooms, minimal hot water, old beat up mattresses, dirty pillows, and one of the surliest hostel managers I've ever encountered.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I recently spent 4 nights at Ganesha Posada in San Cristobal, a return visit for me, and a very happy one. This was part of a 3-week jaunt through the Yucatan and Chiapas, San Cristobal is one of my favourite places in Mexico, despite the cool/cold weather, and Ganesha is my fave place to stay.

The property is close to the main square, but not in the thick of things, it is well-kept, has a dorm as well as private rooms, breakfast is included, as is use of the kitchen. There is a yoga studio for use as well, and daily classes for people at Ganesha Posada as well as those outside the hostel.

By far my favourite part is the people that I meet here, it is a magnet for conscious, yoga/spiritual types, and the vibe is really chill. Met some really cool fellow travellers this time around - I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cansurvivor
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at Posada Ganesha for two nights on our overland trip from Cancun to Mexico City. The place certainly has charm and potential but the rooms are dark, (the first we were offered had no window!) and overdue for a fresh coat of paint. We were aware that there were no en-suite bathrooms and although we never had a problem with availability and hot water was always available, the locks were broken!!! Towels are not provided but may be rented for 20 pesos each. We did not see any yoga classes while we were there! The No Smoking Signs are not enforced so that the smoke permeates into the bedrooms. There is a For Sale sign on the building so perhaps this is the reason the owners are not keeping up with the maintenance. Had we been staying any longer we would have sought alternative lodging.

On the plus side, it is in a very central yet quiet location with great security. The staff was very helpful. Breakfast is included which along with the communal kitchen with fridge allows you to supplement the bread and jam, fruit and excellent coffee, to get off to a good start. The dining room is in a delightful library/tv room off the interior garden, and wifi is available. The place still attracts wholesome and interesting travellers.

Room Tip: Some rooms do not have windows.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple