“Really nice hostel”
Review of Ganesha Posada

and 1 more site!
Ganesha Posada
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Posada Ganesha is a superb hostel wich cares a lot for details and cleaness.
The place is very central, just 2 blocks from the city core but in a really quiet street. The hostel itself is beautiful, with garden, plants everywhere and nice, clean and richly maintained rooms.
Really good breakfast plenty of fruits, granola and toasts, butter and jam.
They have yoga classes every day that you can join and cheap shiatsu massage available with a japanese guy, in a relaxed hindu atmosphere
The staff is really warm and attentive always looking for your comfortability.
I strongly reccomend this hostel

Room Tip: any of the rooms will satisfy you
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 15 March 2014

I stayed her four years ago and made friends for life at Ganesha Posada. I still hang out with the people I met at this place which make it a special place for me. The first time I was in San Cristobal I spended more than a week in this place before I went to a Mexican host family which was included in my Spanish course. Even though I was not living there anymore I came back each day to visit the people over here. I had a really good time and when I'm back in San Cristobal will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I stayed in Ganesha for over two weeks in the wonderful cabaña they have in the garden. I took the yoga clases and got to know all the staff very well, .The owner Fabian is a super nice guy, and all the staff is very helpfull and wonderful. It's a clean hostel thanks to the amazing cleaning lady Rosita, a wonderful garden in the back where you can watch the kolibri come to take his daily shower in the small water stream. Breakfast with bread, fresh fruit, coffee and granola, homemade chai tea after every yoga class.. It's very good located on a quiet street very close to one of the mainstreets and the center square. For me I found Ganesha a very peaceful place with an energy to bring in great people, travelers from all over the world with great vibes. I had a blast and found a home away from home. And San Cristobal is a magical place so full of life, and to stay in Ganesha made my stay perfect. Thank you so much Emma, Fabian, Bely, Rosita, Carlos, all off you guys. I'll be back soon!

Room Tip: The cabaña in the garden!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank dnuldo
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

If you love yoga take a class here on Tuesday or Thursday with Allen. Otherwise avoid this place. There are much better hostels in the area and you won't have to deal with dark rooms, minimal hot water, old beat up mattresses, dirty pillows, and one of the surliest hostel managers I've ever encountered.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I recently spent 4 nights at Ganesha Posada in San Cristobal, a return visit for me, and a very happy one. This was part of a 3-week jaunt through the Yucatan and Chiapas, San Cristobal is one of my favourite places in Mexico, despite the cool/cold weather, and Ganesha is my fave place to stay.

The property is close to the main square, but not in the thick of things, it is well-kept, has a dorm as well as private rooms, breakfast is included, as is use of the kitchen. There is a yoga studio for use as well, and daily classes for people at Ganesha Posada as well as those outside the hostel.

By far my favourite part is the people that I meet here, it is a magnet for conscious, yoga/spiritual types, and the vibe is really chill. Met some really cool fellow travellers this time around - I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends