“Very peaceful and friendly.”
Review of Ganesha Posada

and 1 more site!
Ganesha Posada
Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

I was only planning to stay in San Cristobal and Ganesha Posada for a couple of nights. However, after arriving at GP and walking around SC, I decided to stay a little longer...... in fact four nights in total.

The hostel/guest house is very clean and the staff extremely friendly and helpful. My room (#1), with shared bathroom, was small but cosy. The bed was comfortable with adequate blankets to keep you warm at night. The showers, with hot water, are amazing. The location is fantastic; close enough to the centre for the buzz but far enough away to avoid the noise (and traffic).

The kitchen is quite small but more than adequate if you want to do your own thing. The dining area is a little on the small side, especially when everyone hits breakfast at the same time. That said, there are other seating areas. There is free drinking water available, which I think is an excellent touch.

A simple but filling breakfast is available between 8 and 10. I enjoyed the food but the coffee was terrible. That said, I am very fussy when it comes to coffee.

An excellent little hostel/guest house with everything you could possibly wish for. Had it not been for the coffee I would have given 5 stars - sorry.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Grifflarudman

Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

My GF and I stayed here for about a week. We loved the room, the service- 24 hour front desk, excellent hot water showers, the owner is very sweet, the breakfast is tasty. The kitchen is fully equipped. There is even a yoga studio which we used when it wasn't occupied.
It felt like a nepalese garden- so tranquil. Good location. Everything is walking distance.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yaeli1991
Reviewed 23 April 2016

Laid back environment. Innexpensive, clean, friendly. The people is always willing to help you. Very few blocks from Central Park. I stayed in a shared room with shared toilets but it was fine, clean.

Stayed: May 2015
Reviewed 20 April 2016 via mobile

This place was a series of disappointments, one after another, with nearly each interaction I had with the staff. There are plenty of nice places to stay in San Cristóbal but this is not one of them.

When I arrived I was informed that they didn't have a room for me, despite reserving three weeks in advance. I was "upgraded" to a guest room in the manager's private home five blocks away. He did not mention that the new site was under construction and there was near constant hammering, drilling and shoveling throughout the day, starting today at 6:30.

It was explained to me this morning that the previous guest overstayed his reservation and they couldn't insist he leave. "But we didn't want to leave you on the streets, amigo"

Staying blocks away meant I had to return to the original site for things like toilet paper or reliable internet, but wasn't issued a key for the gate. This meant I had to stand outside ringing the bell for up to 20 minutes in the rain as the person on duty returned from errands.

Lastly, I had been looking forward to trying some yoga but the instructor had apparently skipped town with no notice. In fact, no one knows if they indeed skipped town because they couldn't be reached by phone. The manager just shrugged his shoulders.

Throughout my time at Ganesha (and its satellite) the management team made some effort to accommodate me but in general accepted no responsibility for the disorganization and ineptitude for which their posada will be remembered.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Andrew K
Ganesha Posada H, Propietario at Ganesha Posada, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2016

Hello:
My name is Belina Solórzano. I´m a member and owner of Posada Ganesha , I really care about your comment and I really care about your feeling because I was the first person you met on your arrival to Ganesha.
Im very sorry that happened to you this in our place , actually have a space in remodeling involves many dissatisfactions .. We try to give comfort and meet the needs of all our customers but sometimes as in your case it did not was very possible, lost hands .. in fact I was the person who got you , I was the person who informed you that your place was not ready but not because you did not have a place if not because we were cleaning and arranging due to check out. I thought to give you a better place, we send you an extension of Ganesha, not the manager´s house, I thought in this place because send you a new cabain with a private bathroom a way to reward the lack of not having a ready space in the other Ganesha. Thinking you would be feel and much better, because is a new space, closer to the center than the other Ganesha. The keys are two of the front door and your room , the key ring you gave in reception was bringing the two keys… would have tried both keys in the doors???
It was not my intension or our intension to leave this memory in your mind but I will take this into account and thanks for sharing your feelings and your experience through this medium ... I am again at your command and I send a cordial greeting , offer you of new free space when you want to return to San Cristobal .
With love… Bely

Reviewed 12 December 2015

Very friendly and welcoming staff. They will make sure to keep you happy during your stay! The location is very central in a quiet street. You can take yoga classes directly in the hostel. The teachers were excellent and it was pleasant to be able to just drop in a yoga class without leaving the hostel ;-) Beautiful experience.

Room Tip: yoga, peaceful, lovely staff, great location, nice decoration