See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 January 2017

In this hotel, we were two nights when traveling Mexico. From the outside the hotel does not best, but it is a bigger surprise inside. Beautiful atrium and pool. Decorated enough, noisy air conditioner. Amenities in a rustic style. Breakfast excellent.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2016

The hotel facilities are excellent, the rooms very nice as are the hotel areas. Excellent location 2 blocks from the historic center has parking and all services plus breakfast included.
Just what i was looking for
At an excellent price.
recommended

Room tip: all the hotel is comfortable
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank diegoofu
Reviewed 25 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for an entire week. The weather in the evening and early morning was rather cold, next time I think I would prefer to come in the warmer weather. The daytime was sunny and bright and very comfortable. The location of this hotel is only two blocks from the main walking street which was so convenient to everything.
For the price the grand Maria is an awesome hotel I felt like I was in the Swiss Alps with all the wood in the wood carvings. The rate includes breakfast and a little restaurant off the main lobby.
The only negative I could find is that the walls are very thin in this hotel, so it can get rather noisy. We were in room 302 which was three short flights up and it was a larger room then most. The staff were extremely friendly although it would help if you spoke a little bit of Spanish as not all of them speak any English.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2016

I really enjoyed staying there. The price rates are cheap, it is on the touristic area of San Cristobal, just 3 blocks from one walking corridor (nice cafes, stores an restaurants) and 4 blocks from another walking corridor. We booked with breakfast included: so good and vast: Fruit or juice, coffee or tea, 5 different types of eggs to choose from, side of beans, fried bananas and salad. People working there are nice and polite. I have seen other reviews and I agree that they are not super enthusiast but they are nice enough. The rooms are quite clean and they have nice painting on the walls. The only bad thing I could say is that they did not have tooth paste, but it was not a big deal to me, there is a convenience store on the corner and it cost me 50 cents. No big deal.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

The hotel is walking distance to the main attractions in downtown, fine Mexican decoration. Señor Amador, bellboy, parking, maintenance and everything needed made our day as well as Mrs. Elizabeth, the housekeeper, with their smiles and service. The restaurant has very good service & breakfasts, included. The travel agency from the hotel will literally kick you out by the manager if you just ask for info, he told me to go & look for info in my phone if I had internet because we had a car. Crossing the street can find another agency. This was the only bitter thing from the place.

Date of stay: June 2016