All reviews heated pool coffee pot beautiful courtyard very nice hotel comfortable bed the owner tours noise mexico flowers
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Wish we could be more positive in our review but the stay started off with disappointment that colored our entire stay. The hotel over-booked and did not honoring our prepaid reservation for a King Suite. They put us in a much smaller standard room with a King bed. Our request for a refund started out with an offer of 5 free breakfasts, which was far short of the difference but eventually after some discussion, the hotel did make an appropriate refund.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel La Casa de Mama is so lovely. The hotel is well kept, very clean and the staff is very friendly. This is the first hotel with our stay in Mexico that has a hair dryer; maybe not a big deal for you men, but us woman it is .
The rooms have safes and a coffee pot, our other hotels did not have these amenities.
There is a restaurant and nice outdoor patio.
There is no elevator, if you have any needs for a first floor room, make sure to request that when booking.
If you are ever need a place to stay in San Cristobal, this place is a must.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2017

This is my second stay in this hotel. The first time I went with my family and we enjoyed a lot. Although it was December we could swim in the warm pool.
I went with a friend and he was delighted with the service and the decoration of the rooms.
You can book tours with them; although I don't recommend the tour to Chamula and Zinacantan, because you can learn more by yourself and it's not difficult to arrive.
The location is good to explore the town on foot and it's in a very quiet street so there is no noise or lots of people.
The restaurant isn't bad but the service is a little slow. I'd prefer going somewhere else. There is a very good place behind the hotel, in front of Ambar Museum. It's a small restaurant with home-cooked meal.

Room tip: Higher floors for the views
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2017

Great location close to the town center and restaurants. Super clean and good price. We were able to hire our transportation for excursions through the hotel. On the other hand, I will not use the restaurant for breakfast since the food was mediocre.

Room tip: Main floor was really quiet.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

First of all I would like to understand how they can think to improve the tourism when noone and I say no one speak a word of english... at least the touring guide try to make u understand but not in the hotel.. not in this one!
Staff not friendly at all... not good for recommendations, not problem solving.
The room was dirty and we dont have water for two hours and they dont really care about it, no apologise, lack of comunications.
Wifii not good into the room.

Location its fine but I would not recommend it ... for the same price you can surely find something better and someone more friendly then them.

Date of stay: December 2016