The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
US$269
  • Pool
Hotel NYX Cancun(Cancun)(Great Value!)
US$230
Marriott Hotels
US$109
US$79
Agoda.com
The Royal Caribbean(Cancun)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$135
Agoda.com
3,181 results
All reviewsclub levelculinary centerclub grillechef rorycafe mexicanoocean frontlobby loungefitness centerfour seasonsper daycold towelsbreakfast buffet ismy pleasureluxury hotelbeach serviceoceanfront roombeautiful property
Reviewed 30 March 2018

This is the perfect hotel for a beach vacation. The beach is wonderful, plenty of space, very clear and clean sand, clear ocean. Service at the beach is great, and food/drinks are delivered in good timing and are the real thing. Rooms are comfortable and good sized, housekeeping is amazing, and room service is timely with fresh food. Service everywhere in the hotel is super friendly and efficient. Private tours booked through the hotel were the way to go (but do skip Xcaret, as that park was not worth loosing a day of the Ritz experience). Restaurants are amazing, in special The Club Grill and Fantino's. Our only sorrow with the Club Grill is that there is not enough changes daily (if there is any changes at all) - so if you like it as much as we did and want to go back again and again you will end up having to choose the same plates (menu is small). The only special was the catch of the day, which happened to be red snapper for all 3 times we dined there. The restaurant Casitas is a tad overpriced, but it is a fun experience and our family enjoyed it. We will gladly rebook our Spring Break 2019 at this hotel, even as we had concerns about Cancun in general to start with. We are glad we decided to stick with this vacation - we never felt unsafe, even when traveling 2 hours to Chichen Itza (a great day trip.) The only improvements to the hotel would be that WiFi should be faster and they could be a little more generous with upgrades, but it does not seem to be a common practice here but it was a busy week. I am mentioning this so if a particular issue is of importance to you (say club level) book accordingly. All views from rooms are amazing, basically all ocean front but the difference will be the amount of sun your balcony will get. Truly amazing hotel and experience.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank PhantomOP_2013
Adriana Z, Front Desk Agent at The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear PhantomOP_2013 ,

Thank you very much for your detailed review, It is indeed a pleasure to receive such a nice review highlighting our, facilities, services and most of all, our staff professionalism and kindness. We do our very best to ensure our guests are taken care of from the moment they arrive until the time of departure. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our multiple dining options.

Thank you for recommending us with all Trip Advisor followers. We look forward to welcome you soon for another vacation in our
beautiful resort, The Ritz Carlton, Cancun.

Kind Regards,

Adriana Zamora

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

I based my TripAdvisor ratings on the property expectations and the cost. This Ritz-Carlton is a fantastic Hotel, but it is exactly average in the world of Ritz Carlton's and luxury hotels.

Whenever my business group books hotels during the winter they normally choose really nice properties such as Ritz-Carlton, JW, or similar. I have had experiences in which I was absolutely blown away by impeccable service or unexpected events. At this Ritz-Carlton, there was nothing to really set it apart from other hotels of this caliber.

I am not saying this is a bad hotel, it is an absolutely wonderful hotel, but you are definitely paying for this wonderfulness. For what you pay is what you get and that in my opinion, is why this property gets a three-star average rating because it is average for its price point.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Katherine W, Marketing and Public Relations Executive at The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Dear guest

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations this time. As a Ritz-Carlton hotel, we always aim to provide memorable experiences for our guests and we do apologize for not achieving it during your time with us.

Your comments will definitely be taken into consideration and we do hope that you give us the opportunity to provide an incredible stay the next time you visit Cancun.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve stayed at a few ritz Carlton hotels and am a platinum memeber for Marriott. I took my son and one of his friends for a short last minute spring break trip. We paid to upgrade to the club level which we was supposed to cost $375 per night plus tax extra per night but I was able to negotiate it down a little. Ritz hotels are known for customer service and I expected that being in a room they was going for over $1400 per night. What we received was much less. The hotel seemed way understaffed. In the mornings by the pool there were still beer bottles and food left out from the night before and wasn’t cleaned up until about 9am each morning. They only had one person taking the seaweed on the beach but they didn’t even get there until about 830 each morning. It seems like they ran out of beach towels all the time and trying to get the attention of the few workers was like pulling teeth. That’s on the service. The Pool was nice as was the room. Nothing outstanding in either. The food in the lounge was very subpar. They even had peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for one of the few items out during lunch. The breakfast only had two juices to go along with eggs, pancakes, bacon, and a few other options. I think it was smaller than any other property we’ve stayed at in Cancun and far more expensive. I would not recommend this hotel even st half that rate. Also when you are in the pool looking back at the hotel they have plaster that was half way fixed and a complete eyesore. Not what you would expect at a 5* resort

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Bobby212345

Dear guest

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay. Whilst we wish that you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve.

It is understandable that we cannot get it right all of the time however we are very sorry that you felt unhappy with all aspects of your stay.

It would be unacceptable to excuse our areas of opportunities if they caused such a negative impact on your vacation. We guarantee that your comments will be taken into consideration and that we work very hard in order to create positive and memorable experiences for our guests.

Please accept our apologies and do not hesitate to contact me directly at katherine.willis@ritzcarlton.com

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

This is our first time vacationing in Cancun. No disappointments there. The Ritz Cancun was one of the most attentive that we have attended. The one bedroom suite was very large. Separate dinning room was a nice reprieve from mid day heat. I would like to see an additional empty fridge in there though. The maid service was amazing at keeping a tidy room. The restaurants however stole the show here. Everyone's attention to detail was impeccable. My daughter is a vegetarian, my son has sesame allergy. This was never overlooked. The restaurants rival anything found in NYC fine dining. It's presentation, execution and thoughtfully crafted menus were amazing. The gym was on the lower level ocean/pool view. My wife found it sufficient and liked the small alcove stretch area. The pools were large warm salt water pools. At no point did you jockey for a chair nor feel crowed in the pool. The beach was a beautiful large soft sand beach. Bogey boards were the only beach amenity offered by the hotel. Either side of the resort property was private jet ski and power sailing outfitters. Now here is my only complaints or recommendations for the Ritz Cancun. They should have more for kids. Not kids club kids. A pool of table, air hockey table or game room. I would like to see a daily activity schedule put under your door. A Morning yoga or walk perhaps. Outdoor s'mores movie projector night like the ritz st Thomas. If they added these touches you would pull families back year after year. The strip is competitive. There is plenty of all inclusive hotels that look nice on the same beach at 1/2 the cost. It is hard to compete with the Ritz. It's food, beauty and service excel. Is it worth double at the end of a week? If they added these finishing touches I would say yes!

Stayed: March 2018
3  Thank condita1
Katherine W, Marketing and Public Relations Executive at The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us!

We are very proud of our property and all that it has to offer. However, we do agree that it is time to incorporate extra activities for our guests. Comments like yours allow us to confirm that additional entertainment would make your stay more pleasant.

Thank you for providing us with your feedback - and ideas! We will definitely take these into consideration.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

I’ve just arrived at the equivalent of Chuck E. Cheese Ritz Cancun. Just checked in to 2 rooms, club level for 8 nights. The scene here is appalling for what we are paying. I get that families arrive, but the noise level in the club is an 11 out of 10. You need to ask the staff to clean the tables after others have left. The food selections are minimal. In the last year we have been at the Ritz club level at Grand Cayman, Dallas, New Orleans and Aruba. The Ritz-Carlton club level Cancun is not even close to the quality of the other 4. It’s like they don’t care because it’s their busy time. Paying over $20,000 US dollars for what we could have gotten at a Marriott for a fraction of the price. Think twice about booking here. They don’t care.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
8  Thank mjm619
Katherine W, Marketing and Public Relations Executive at The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Dear Guest

Thank you for letting us know about your discomfort.

We are truly sorry that you are not having a pleasant time and we would of course like to improve your experience if you are still on property.

Please contact me directly at katherine.willis@ritzcarlton.com or dial the extension 5504 and I will be with you shortly.

Katherine Willis