“Great vacation but would not return to this property.”
Review of Beach Palace

Beach Palace
Ranked #13 of 175 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
The Villages, Florida
“Great vacation but would not return to this property.”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We are a couple in out early 60's who love the sun & the beach. We just returned from 12 nights at the Beach Palace. 2/24-3/6 2012. We vacation in Mexico approximately 20-30 days a year as well as 20-30 days cruising per year. Service, amenities & food are VERY important to us. Kids are VERY NOT important to us and we try to travel to places that are either adults only or at times when there won't be a ton of kids around.

We have been to many of the Palace resorts and for whatever reason, this one had the most kids that were the WORST behaved of any resort we have ever visited! It was truly unbelievable! There was absolutely no place for adults to escape, the kids were everywhere! This resort would be perfect if the rooftop pools and bars were adults only!!!!

The service here however was the BEST I have seen at any Palace resort. Better than Le Blanc! Room service was very fast--the best I have ever experienced! Maid service was prompt in the mornings and done very well as was turn down service each nightl. Front desk and concierge personnel were very helpful as were the dining room captains. We REALLY enjoyed our servers in the buffet, and I especially loved the lady who made the omelettes each morning!

Food was on par with all Palace resorts but the one thing we missed was the separation of the Specialty restaurant venues. They portioned a section of the buffet restaurant off and called it the Italian restaurant, the Steakhouse was mearly the outside patio of the buffet restaurant (and it was windy , very windy, most nights) and the Oriental restaurant was a small room off of the buffet. Nothing spectacular. They DO enforce the long pants in the evening rule in these venues but no one gets dressed up at all! I was a little surprised at the casualness of it all each evening.

The grounds and the pool/beach facilities were great and we enjoyed our time there but the biggest problem we had were all the kids and the fact there was just no place to escape them at all. The other thing is, there is no lobby bar here. The have a sports bar on the Mezzinine floor (2) but it is always filled with timeshare people during the day and not really any fun to be in. ALSO filled with kids!

We knew there would be kids when we booked this resort but after spending time at several adults only resorts in the past couple of years, we decided to give it a try and really regretted our decision. We spent 2 weeks at Le Blanc last May and although it was GREAT, we didn't feel like it was the Palace resorts 5* facility. The Beach is a lovely property but.....we will continue to stay with adults only in the future.

We trade with our timeshare or just buy a vacation, we are not Palace owners. We have always enjoyed the Palace resorts and we always get a great value through RCI. Le Blanc will remain our first choice because of the adults only aspect but we DID visit the Sun & the Moon Palaces on this visit and thought the Moon was a fantastic resort. The Sun seemed too small & crowded for us but the new Grand Moon section was wonderful & very quiet. We would consider staying at the Moon if we could get into the Grand section.

Room Tip: The lagoon view is really very nice, I would not pay extra for ocean view as you are looking at it a...
2 Thank JNLROSE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,753)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 March 2012

Lets start with the positives....
The following 3 employes are unbelievable workers and individuals. Beach palace is lucky to have them!! Gabriella (the omelet lady), Jesus (entertainment staff), and Yarida pool side server.
The food quality was very good.

Drinks are of good quality and are NOT watered down.

The room was spacious and very nice. In the room there is a large safe, coffee maker, iron, ironing board, shampoo, conditioner, soap, sewing kit, shoe shine kit, and a vanity kit. Also there is a stocked refrigerator with beer, soda, and juice as well as a liquor dispenser with four liquors vodka, whiskey, rum, and tequila. I only bring this up because it seems it causes many frustrations. Yes you need to leave the room key in the slot by the door if you want lights and AC. Of course most want it dark to sleep so the problem is with key in slot to have AC you have lights. There is one switch by the bed that will turn all lights off and allow you to keep AC.

The entertainment staff does a great job allowing you to be busy and entertained if you choose to however never pressure you. For sure go to the ultimate couple game they have one evening a week. It is a hoot!!

The shows are of a good quality. However I wish palace would change it up. Like I said the shows are good its just if you travel to palace even just once a year chances are you have seen them all before if you wanted too.

The pools are very nice and clean.

Beach is gorgeous!

Now the concerns part

The meal times got down right ridiculous. Yes I understand your on vacation relax and enjoy, where do you have to go and so on. However a 3.5 hr meal is in my opinion obsessive and very irritating. I do not blame the wait staff its clear palace has cut back on help and plain and simple their employees are over worked.

I think the evening buffet could use some more variety it to often seemed like they were offering the same food.

Palace lists this resort as having four restaurants Italian, Tequila (buffet), Outdoor steak and seafood, and Oriental. I beg to differ I say they have two restaurants the Oriental and one big one that houses all three of the others. Its hard to describe but suffice to say there is nothing separating the Italian restaurant from the noise and such of the buffet. What even adds more frustration is the fact that they have a big beautiful area that is only used during the day for vacation club sales that would make a gorgeous restaurant.

This next one I just can't accept or understand. On TWO separate days we had no bottled water in the room. When I called to request some both times I was told they were completely out of bottled water and were waiting for a shipment. Unbelievable!!!!! Come on Palace I wouldn't expect this out of Motel 6!!

The alcohol is lower grade than other palace resorts. Here is one example highest end vodka was absolute. In the past at least kettle one or grey goose was available. Yes I asked numerous times and was tipping.

Overall our trip was a good one. After numerous stays at five different palace resorts I am hoping the above issues are unique to this resort and not Palace's new way.

Should you have any questions feel free to ask. Be patient though please I'm submitting this the 13th and leave for Vegas the 14th.

Room Tip: Do not take any room on level one you will not see the ocean.
6 Thank Doug4
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My Husband and I returned two days ago from our honeymoon spent at the Beach Palace. We had never been to Cancun, or Mexico before and were unaware of the various palace resorts until we arrived and did more research. This was our first time doing an all-inclusive resort and it was a great experience. I loved the atmosphere and the staff so much. Each day was better than the next with the weather and the beach was beautiful too. We loved the nightly activities in the bar and out by the pool! The room service was the only negative aspect of the dining options and that was only because of the lack of choices. Also, as a couple, I wish we had known about Sun Palace before and spent our time there since it is a couple's only resort. Some of the families and children were overwhelming however, we were still treated great as we were honeymooners. We loved taking advantage of the resort credits and used them to go on a trip to Chichen Itza and get a couple's massage (my husband's first one!! We had the best vacation of our lives, felt completely relaxed and had access to anything and everything we may have needed. We can't wait to go back to Cancun, however we will most likely stay at Sun Palace to avoid too many families, since it is just us. Definitely worth the money and worth the trouble of flying internationally!

Room Tip: We started with a low, 2nd floor, lagoon facing room. My husband got us upgraded to a higher level...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ashley F
Annandale, Virginia
Reviewed 13 March 2012

We traveled to beach palace on Jan 26.2012 and stayed until March 4,2012. The hotel was AMAZING the staff went out of they're way to make sure we were taken care of. We spent most of our time at the beach and receive outstanding service from Angel. We definitely enjoyed our breakfast every morning and Loved gabriela the omelet chief who always mananged to remember our order.( Rancheros eggs) . lunch time was incrediblely delicious all the time and Borrego gave me his hot sauce receipt which tastes amazing. The room was beautiful and the lagoon view was really nice. House keeping was done on our room everyday and everything was kept well stocked. Room service was fast and efficient but not alot of variety to choice from.All the restaurants were great except the Italian restaurant. We did not enjoy the food very much. We especially liked the Terraza restaurant. The meat serviced was outstanding. The sports bar is a great place to grab drinks before and After dinner. The older gentleman that waited our table was friendly and polite and always made sure we had a drink in hand. I wish l could remember his name. You must take a shot of Centenario Reposado it's the best tequila out there. Our experience does not compare to any other beach palace resort we have ever stayed at. ( we have stayed at several palace resorts) The only downfall was the Wifi did not work in our room the whole time we were there this a problem that could not be fixed for whatever reason. We were able to get Internet everywhere else. Cancun is very safe and the people are very polite and very accessible either by bus,taxi or walking. Make sure you visit Islas . It was amazing and have lunch at Islas mujeres palace resort ..best fish tacos!! We would like to thank everyone at the resort for Providing outstanding service and I wish l could remember everyones name.

3 Thank Darwin M
Texas
Reviewed 11 March 2012

My wife and I were staying at Le Blanc this time around, and would walk down the beach to this resort as we have stayed here in the past. We enjoyed our stay here before, so much that we enjoyed the exercise to come back and hang at beach Palace. This is a very good 4 star hotel, and we would def. stay here again , probably when we are looking for a family trip. Very good value foe the money. Staff are very good here, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone. The skybar up top is awesome! Happy travels.

3 Thank IslandLife75