US$229
US$450
US$198
Cancelon
3,649 results
All reviewsthe bell boythe mexican restaurantfree shuttleisla mujeresconcierge deskbeach barthe wait staffbeach volleyballdowntown cancunwater aerobicsentertainment staffcoco bongoa lot of funour waiternachosromanoscar
Reviewed 3 June 2008

the hotel is not the best looking we didn't know it was our hotel when pulled up actually we didn't know the first couple of times we pulled up. it really smells in cancun period but its beautiful. the hotel service was wonderful but our view sucked and the "italian resturant" sucked it was half mexican half italian. they gave us free lobster dinner but it was way over cooked. but we did get $30 off of a massage it was wonderful....... they did have the best cheeseburgers i have ever tasted. the good thing is you can use the amenities @ the other hotels and sunset royal has the best beach.

1  Thank wisdombody
SLagoon, Manager at Ocean Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2009

Dear Guest, thank for your comments. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. About your comment of the Italian restaurant, I wish to tell you that we have a new specialty Mexican restaurant that is inside the totally renovated lobby of the hotel. We invite you to come back and know the new Ocean Spa Hotel building. Best regards.

Reviewed 3 June 2008

Ocean Hotel Staff are the best. The ocean hotel is not as nice at Sunset Lagoon or the royal. The staff are great!!! Food was Great. It is buffet style but they try hard and make it great. The 90 min. presentation is about 4-6 hours long for EVERYONE!!!! Thats the worst part. Just remember to say NO NO NO.
There is also no air conditioning in the rooms and it gets very very hot!!!!! Like I said the staff and service is great. The rooms are clean and it is a very relaxed enviornment. Great view of the beach and great transportation and VIP services. The staff were extremely helpful!!!!

1  Thank montanalastbestplace

Dear Guest, thank you for your review. I want to tell you that the entire hotel had been renovated and all the maintenance problems were fixed. Now we have a beautiful hotel with new restaurants, lobby, furniture, concept, etc. Hopping to give you a welcome back to Ocean Spa Hotel. Best regards.

Reviewed 2 June 2008

The Ocean hotel had 2 great qualities: It was very clean and the staff was wonderful!!! Other than that, it's an older hotel and I wouldn't call the 3 bars they had even bars, the lobby bar was a joke and the swim up bar was just that you swam up and oredered a drink, nothing fancy. The resturaunt bar was the best bar and that isn't saying much! The food was not good at all, stick to the hamburgers, fruit and salad and you will like the food! There weren't many people there so it was very boring atmosphere. Thank god we had all inclusive at 3 other resorts which we went to the majority of the time. The hotel was also very noisy which was quite annoying. All in all, it was an ok hotel but I would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank aepure

Dear Guest, thank you for your comments. It is important for us to know all your comments about the service and the hotel. Let me tell you that the whole hotel was renovate, all the furniture is new even the concept. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us, hopping to give you a welcome back to Ocean Spa Hotel.

Reviewed 9 May 2008

Before I get started with the Ocean Hotel, let me tell you about my experiences with the Sunset Group. When I purchased the trip from the telemarketer, they told me I could stay in my choice of the Sunset Lagoon or Royal. What a great deal!!! Of course I bought. When it came to making my reservations, they told me those hotels are booked up for the rest of the year and my only option is Ocean Hotel. I was furius and completely mislead. Truth is, those hotels are members only, don't fall for it. So I usually travel 4 or 5 star and now I have no choice but to take my gf for a romantic getaway at a 3-star hotel. So off we went.

When we pulled up to the front, it looked like a motel and I was almost single in a matter of seconds. But after seeing the grounds, which are small but decent, we were a little more optomistic. Our room was very basic, nothing fancy, TV channels were scrambly and AC was loud, but it was clean, no bugs, and it did the job. Of note, the sheets did not fit the King Size Bed so we found ourselves sleeping on the mattress every now and then. Also, they give you an actual key for a room key, which is odd, outdated, and probably not that secure. Make sure you use the safe for your valuables.

The grounds were well kept. The pool was old, but clean and we spent a lot of time in it. The sand on the beach was nice, but the water is gross and you don't wanna swim in it. There are daily activites, but because of the shortage of people staying there, most of them didn't happen. We made our own activities ex. Tennis, soccer, swimming. The shows were small, short and nothing great. The grounds were pretty in the evening.

The food was alright and better than we expected out of that resort. We didn't get sick and ate lots. Good variety too. The buffet area is clean and spacious. The A La Carte is small, but the lobster was tasty. The service was the best part of this Resort! The staff were always happy and helpful. They earn their tips! The drinks were alright. Nothing too fancy, but can't complain.

On our second day, we did the time share tour. They tell you 90 min, but it was actually more like 5 hours. Don't fall for their sales scams. They are all very dishonest people that only want your cc. They put us through about 6 different reps and even took us to the "owners lounge" to make us feel like we are getting a "special deal". I was mad initially because of the dishonesty when i booked my trip so they didn't get anywhere with us and my gf actually called them liar's to their face, haha. My advice, if you actually want to become a member, wait a while because they come way down in price!

We did get to use the amenities at those Resorts so we did enjoy our time there. To wrap it up, the Ocean Hotel is like the little Hotel that could. It's quiet, not busy, and does the job. It's not as bad as some reviews, but if you expect a large, luxurius, beautiful resort, this is not it. and no, I would not go back.

4  Thank canada74
SLagoon, Manager at Ocean Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2009

Dear Guest, thank you for your review. I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong and how we can improve. Let me inform you that the Ocean Spa Hotel has had a complete renovation, now we have a modern appearance with imported materials like woods, marble, onix, etc., to give you a welcome back to Ocean Spa Hotel.

Reviewed 29 April 2008

We had the good fortune to stay at the Ocean Hotel in February. After driving along the "strip" it seemed like this hotel was not quite up to par from the front. However, upon leaving the taxi, we were greeted by a doorman who immediately took our bags and directed us to the front desk. Our check-in was short and sweet, but not so short that a cocktail couldn't be delivered to the desk in time for us to enjoy a moment before the bellman escorted us to our room. The rooms were fundamental; much like old Florida. Stucco and tile. Rooms were clean, AC worked just fine. We had a direct view of the pool and the Caribbean just beyond. The wait staff was teriffic-even sent us out with box lunches on the days we took excursions. And everyone remembered who we were, what we liked (drinks, coffee, etc.) AND, the indoor/semi-outdoor patio type dining allows for meeting people and wonderful socializing. If your review relies upon whether or not you have beautiful art on the wall in your room, maybe you'll send a bad review. If you want a very good, relaxing, sincerely serviced time, go for the experience.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple