US$246
US$201
US$470
Hotels.com
3,821 results
All reviewsthe bell boythe mexican restaurantisla mujeresconcierge deskbeach barthe wait staffentertainment staffdowntown cancunbeach volleyballwater aerobicscoco bongoa lot of funour waiternachososcarfridajose
Reviewed 23 January 2011

Our stay at the Ocean Spa Hotel was delightful. This is an older property in the middle of everything Cancun. Strategically located between downtown and the hotel drive. We found the service to be exceptional, especially the concierge desk. Maritza was a most accommodating hostess for the week that we spent on the property and she provided exceptional service arranging excurtions and making reservations at recommended dinner spots. Maureen is also very helpful and friendly. The Spa facility is most inviting, clean and well managed. We both experienced a 55 minute massage and my wife expresses that the 60 facial the next day was heavenly. Shuttle service was efficient and timely.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dcruby65
Reviewed 17 January 2011

I arrived to Cancun with no high expectations. That being said i was very displeased with the lack of professionalism and service at this resort. I have traveled many times and to Mexico itself a couple of times and this was by far the worst place i have ever been. Food is a big thing to me and this place was terrible for it, the buffet was the same every breakfast and dinner. They had themed nights where you had to make reservations to the same buffet!! I had to leave the resort after the second day for food because my stomach couldnt take the resorts food anymore. Room was clean and the cleaning ladies were great but our location for our room was next to a alleyway (which by the way was creepy at night!) and there garbage dump! In the morning at 8AM the old dodge pickup truck with no muffler came and picked up all the seaweed from the beach from the dump! Complaining about anything seemed to just get us worst service around the resort, which was unfortunate because i seemed to tip the workers for everything even at the buffet (i served my own food and drinks, sooo i basically tipped him for giving me a table!) Beach was whatever and nobody swam in the pool, i followed suit. Above all else, the concierge had to be the worst part of this hotel! They were constantly trying sell us something we didnt need and waste our time, worse then going to the mexican flea market! I strongly urge people to find other places to stay in Cancun for this kind of money!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank batski_9
Reviewed 6 January 2011

I like to hope that hotels clean up their acts if reviewed negatively, however it doesn't seem to be that way with the ol' Club Carrousel.

I stayed here in 2004 and the reviews seem to be the same now as then.

A motel would be appropriate for this location. The stay was adequate. If I was in my late teens this would be great. It is like a really great hostel.

The hotel lobby was nice, - nothing glamorous.
Pool small - easily polluted and not tended to.
Beach is only good for sun tanning.
Rooms are BARE BONES. Not a comfortable bed. Bring a nice pillow.
Food....meh. Not the worst I have had, but not a delight either.
Leaky sinks/showers seem to be a theme.
Staff were nice.

Not a nice vacation destination - but a great place if you are young, limited funds, and looking to get super drunk and not care about the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 January 2011

I stayed in this hotel with my sister. We were very pleased until the last moment. Last night of our stay, we packed, prepared documents, counted money, got everything ready and went for a dinner, leaving all valuables in a safe deposit box in the room. After that we went out for a drink. We were gone for about 3 hours. Got up early in the morning to check-out and leave, and, surprise, surprise! We found out that our cash was missing from the locked safe deposit box!!! Credit cards, cameras, jewelery and other valuables were untouched, but the cash was missing. We reported it at front desk, but didn't have time to stay because of flight schedule, but also the hotel staff didn't really make an effort to help solving the problem... probably because they did it! (I mean, who can unlock a safe deposit box in a locked room???) Bottoms down for this hotel!!!

Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank sasam1400
Reviewed 14 December 2010

Our stay at the ocean spa was fantastic. Like some people said there are definitly alot fancier hotels but this hotel was more then adequate for our stay. The hotel staff was very helpful and friendly the lobby and pool area was always very clean. Our room had a great view and the rooms were clean and AC worked fine. The food was fantastic there was dinner on the beach twice when we were there it was really tasty and the service was awesome. The beach was small, but there are buses going to the royal sunset and the lagoona every hour ... the Royal Sunset beach is really nice! They helped us out for planning tours and directions, which buses to take and such. All and All we had a had a great stay! PS: If you want a good party Go to CoCo Bongo... Amazing!

Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple