Grand Oasis Cancun
US$387
US$328
US$269
  • Pool
The Royal Caribbean(Cancun)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$106
Agoda.com
US$126
US$91
Agoda.com
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
US$720
11,238 results
All reviewscoyote locomaria bonitayounger crowdparty atmospherecoco bongoshowscareyescircusblastcarlos
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Delicious experience at Oasis Sens at Cancun. I spent 7 relax and great days.The food is good, the room are clean and confortable, the beach are beautiful and we have plenty of bars for all hotel to eat and drink when and ever we need or whant.Very young and glamorous I can't wait the time to get here again ;)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
9  Thank Vanessa L
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Despite the great stay here, I dare say I would not return, as I like to party but not to the excess I saw here. Even in my University days I have seen so many drunk, and puking people. My opening experience was checking in and watching the staff clean up some teenage girls vomit. Okay. Well it just got better, but I made the best of it. The staff was very helpful, maids servers and front desk was helpful. The rooms were kind of like vintage '70's theme, but I managed to sleep okay. If you are wanting to party to the fullest I would recommend this hotel, but I will actually avoid Cancun, too much like a typical American/Canadian cities with what is offered, I prefer something less commercialized.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
10  Thank Simmies
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We just got back from our X'mas vacation trip at this hotel/resort in Cancun.

Our X'mas vacation became turned into a nightmare when we entered the resort.

We had gone to relax - away from all the stress in life. We reached the Hotel around noon. The Hotel reception area was a mess. We reached the front and saw chaos. The check-in process was worse than bad. Long (big) line & wait, plus unorderly. Took us more than 30 mins to get to a receptionist. For our room, we were told to wait more than 2 hours and come back for our keys. Hence, we decided to explore the restaurants as we were hungry since morning. To our shock, no one services our table for 45 mins! We were offered no food at all! The waiter said I'll be back and kept doing the same thing over & over. The on-duty restaurant manager was surprisingly rude & non-helpful. We were kept starving without any food or help. We then decided to wait till check-in (3p), freshen up & then come back down for early dinner. When we came back at 3p, there was a big long line again. We informed them that we have already checked in and done our duty of waiting; just need our keys. But we were asked to wait again for another 30-40 mins! We finally got to our room at 4P!

Now, during booking on Orbtz, we had paid extra (premium) for beach (sea) facing view, nonsmoking with King bed. We had also called long distance to confirm with the resort after booking to ensure it's in their system. At that time, they said yes. To our greatest dissapointment, we got the wrong room - streetfacing, smoking, with 2 twin beds. The room was very dirty – bugs inside, door lock not working, Air Conditioning was not working, no accessories in the bathroom and no drinking water. Plus, there was construction (remodeling renovation) going next to our room!!! It was making a lot of noise. We couldn’t even relax for a moment after this!!! We tried calling the Hotel reception to inform them but no response. Called Guest services, but no response! After waiting for a few mins, we went back down to complain. To our shock, there was a line / wait of 20 mins before we could talk to someone! When I shared my concerns, we were told that they cannot do anything. I informed them that this is not the room we paid for and booked. They said that not what they have in their system. I showed them the printout of Orbtz which clearly showed the details - beach/sea-facing view, non-smoking with King bed. To my shock, they said they don’t know anything about it, cannot go by my printout. Their system is showing them what they gave us!! I asked us to move us immediately or call the manager. They said they are sorry – “can’t do anything! May be Orbtz gave us wrong info….and they are unable to help”. They didn't care at all. Asked me to call Orbtz again and deal with them! Hence, we decided to call Orbtz (please remember that by now, it’s 6p…we have not had anything to eat or a moment to relax/rest). After calling collect several times, finally my call went thru…I spoke with Orbtz and explained everything to them. They immediately tried calling the Resort’s Manager, reception and so forth. To their shock, no one picked up. Hence, after an hour of hold/wait, Orbtz asked me to go down again and ask the Hotel Manager to call them. I went down but to my shock, they didn’t agree to call Orbtz. Said “we are very busy right now…come tomorrow.” By now, I was ready to pack my bags and leave the country! Finally, after arguments and repeated requests, they moved us to a right room! By then, it was 7:30P!! Our entire day was wasted…we were tired and couldn’t do anything that day.

On a separate note, food was a big hassle in the so-called “all-inclusive” resort. The Online and in their brochures, they advertise that the Hotel Oasis – All Inclusive package has 9 restaurants! Sounds great but in really, only 2 have places for a Buffet! Rest all of them are ala-carte with no knowledge of Vegetarian food! Even each restaurant’s manager couldn't speak in English and help. If one can, they say –“sorry, but no Vegetarian food. Go to Tatish.” So, the only place for vegetarians was the buffet place – Tatish. It had a huge line, improper management and non-English speaking servers/waiters. We had to wait for a long time before getting seated. Also, the servers/waiters were not helpful and did not speak any English. If we wanted something, we had to wait a while before they would come around! One of the more disturbing parts was that during dinner, they were so busy that it would take them a long time to bring something out or bring the wrong entrée. Tatish was supposed to close at 10:30p. But the staff used to start taking Food away starting 10:10p. Us, being Vegetarians, used to find it very hard to get warm – cooked Veg food! On top of that, the chef started taking food away at 10:10p so it became even more difficult; we always had to hurry, grab and fill more plates quickly. On some other times, they wouldn’t re-stock food after 10:10p, so we were left with leftovers. We couldn’t even communicate our above concerns to the restaurant manager over there because they barely understood English. On another occasion/night, we thought of playing it safe and ordering a Veg Pizza. To our shock, 1st the waiter didn’t know what to add as toppings. I explained and told him what to put and what to avoid. After 30 mins, he brought something like a Veg pizza – Badly cooked dough with lots of cheese and spinach on top! He said the chef doesn’t know how to prepare one!! When I explained again, he went back and added some mushrooms on top!! It tasted so bad that we just went back to the ready-items in the buffet. In conclusion, this is not a good resort to go if you like to enjoy your food in your vacation, especially for Vegetarians.

Another dissatisfaction was with the Guest Service. At check-in, we were introduced to a so-called “personal guide”! We were told at check-in that he’ll be our ‘go-to’ guy if we need anything during the stay or have any difficulty. Guess what – after check-in, he was gone and never to be found! No telephone extension or number to get to him; and he was never at his desk. One day, we found him and shared our concerns. So, he offered us FREE/Complimentary breakfast at one of the nicer places for next day morning and a credit of 500 pesos to be used at a Spa in Hotel. We felt better, but guess what – there’s was a trick! We had to show up at 9am in the morning at Grand Oasis (new one), show that we have a Visa or MasterCard, sit in and listen to a sales-pitch/presentation of the new Hotel, take a guided-tour of 90 mins with the New Manager of that hotel. Then, we can get what he offered!! It was a sales tactic to upgrade to Hotel Grand Oasis at that time and/or in the future while keeping us starving for another 90 mins! But never once did anyone take us on a simple guided tour of the existing resort that we paid for!

On the 2nd day, we learnt that there were fun/free events happening all-day all-around the resort. So, we went and asked someone how to know what’s where and when. We were told the info should be in our Info Guide inside our room in one of the desk-drawers. Guess what- it wasn’t there! We were never given a schedule of events happening inside the resort. When we inquired at the service counter, they said they are out and asked us to go to another counter…we checked there, same thing. The service was so bad that we didn’t know until the day before we were leaving that there’s a disco (discotheque) which is part of the all-inclusive package inside the Resort! We could barely take advantage of that.

In a nutshell – Very bad EXPERIENCE, NEED MY MONEY BACK. DO NOT GO HERE.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank October_Traveller_09
Reviewed 8 January 2012

To begin, I booked a room with a king bed. Upon check-in, the front desk assistant informed me that they had no record of such a booking for a king bed. He also stated that the hotel was fully occupied instructing us to come back in the morning for a room change.

Our first room was not maintained and was very dirty. The building was connected to the lobby which resulted in extreme levels of noise from intoxicated guests throughout all hours of the night. We did not sleep that night.

In the morning we went to the breakfast buffet and found the food to be cold. The same was true for lunch and dinner.

We were not satisfied with the service, rooms and food and decided to upgrade to the Grand Oasis for 280 USD. We were told this upgrade would give us ocean view with newer rooms, better service and a wider selection of food.

It is to my displeasure to say that I spent the money to upgrade for 280USD let alone spend 2400USD for the whole trip. The services that were promised were nonexistent. The room was a complete downgrade with dirty floors, a puddle around the toilet, dirty mirrors and a dirty mattress. The rest of the buffets had a lingering odor that deterred anyone from the food.

We chose to dine at a Brazilian steak house one night where my girlfriend ate the sirloin steak. Immediately after consuming the meat she became ill experiencing uncontrollable stomach issues and projectile vomit. Unfortunately we were forced to use the private medical services of the hotel.

Upon arrival to the medical office where the doctor was supposed to be bilingual, yet spoke no English, my girlfriend was losing consciousness and the doctor refused to give her water. The medical facility was far under-equipped and even lacked a wheel chair. I carried her to the restroom where she continued to lose consciousness while experiencing stomach issues. The doctor offered no help.

We were charged 310USD (which he put in his pocket) for terrible services rendered and for medicine to treat stomach cramps and stomach issues. My girlfriend was forced to stay in bed for the remainder of the trip. This was the worst vacation I

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
35  Thank Stan M
Reviewed 8 January 2012

New Year at the Hotel Grand Oasis was very good. The attention of service personnel, the various activities and variety of food, did an excellent environment for the new year. I recommend staying at the Grand Oasis Piramide, attend sessions of massage and visit all the restaurants as well as after dinner dance music drawing on a local group with varied music.

Room Tip: room with beachfront
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family