Grand Oasis Cancun
US$191
US$560
US$379
galahotels.com
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
US$378
HotelsClick
11,106 results
All reviewscoyote locomaria bonitayounger crowdparty atmospherecoco bongoshowscareyescircusblastcarlos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Like many previous writers have stated --- its not the best, but it's not the worst. For the price we paid -- it was okay. I' stayed at a different resort 2 yrs ago (Barcelo Costa Cancun) --- and the room and the food/drink quality was a hundred times better (even though the number of restaurants were limited to about 4) . I was even thinking about staying there again, it was actually cheaper than grand oasis -- but I wanted to try something different. However... the beach at grand oasis is AMAZING (due to the sheer size of the property the oasis resort owns)

Rooms: We paid for the sunset view, but got the ocean view. I've backpacked all over Europe, stayed in some pretty dingy hostels (although those days are long over for me now) -- and the quality of the bed sheets is similar. My fiancee woke up itchy every morning! Our last day, the shower stopped working... so we had to wait about an hour and a half for someone to fix it. No compensation. No apologies from the front desk.. I was really annoyed at this -- simple accountability would've been enough. Oh, and there's a weird musty smell in the rooms, which I guess goes away if you don't think about it -- or don't turn on the faucet.

Restaurants: All we did was eat and eat (and drink and drink) -- but much of that came in search of trying to find something good. Sushi -- decent --> NOT the highest quality. Maybe for people who aren't from NY wouldn't know the difference... but I go out to eat several times a week and it was simply decent. Italian -- uncooked pasta. Buffet -- always could find something to eat here, probably my favorite (which is a waste considering we got the black wrist bands). Cocoa -- we ate here twice and both times ended up back at the buffet because the food was in tiny portions / simply decent. We don't eat red meat -- so maybe other people will have different opinions. Rodizzio - didn't try (but heard its good for steak lovers)

Service: Bartenders, wait staff, etc -- AMAZING. They work hard and we dropped a few bucks every time because they deserved it. (Front desk service, however, is very lacking)

Drinks: Yes, some were watered down -- but what do you expect? Drink some beer, take some shots, my fiancee and I definitely got a nice buzz throughout the days.

Pools/Ocean: This resort's saving grace is the pool area and the beach area. Amazing... lots of swim up pool bars and snacks to be given at these places. The pool is long and stretches the entire course of the resort -- one side has the DJ with a younger crowd and the other side is a lot more tranquil where I saw families/older couples hanging out. Take your pick.

Noise level: Can get loud during the day due to the DJ...but we simply came up to grab some things and head out.

We're 25/28 -- would I stay here again? Absolutely not. Did I have a fun trip -- yes, but that's because while actually on vacation I let everything slide. It even rained two of the days, but whatever... swimming in the rain is fun!! :)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank alwayslight
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Check in was a nightmare, it seems like all the employees need to gather around your computer screen to figure out how to check you in so basically if there is one person ahead of you in line your screwed since all the employees at the check in desk are working on one customer at a time..Food was pretty bad even at the specialty restaurants plus a long wait, we ate out mostly at local places nearby...rooms were nice and we got free room service with our black wrist band.. for the two of us we paid $150 a night total (with black wristband,highest level), if you pay more than this it isn't worh it...beach was vey nice and pool was good, there were a few noisy US college idiots running aound but not as bad as spring break time

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jklam
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for three nights in the beginning of January! We are on a longer journey, so our budget could only allow us three nights. First of all, this is a party place for sure, like we wanted! But mostly younger travellers (with parents). The staff are really friendly and attentive. We booked a standard room and where happy with the small balcony and a big comfortable bed. Clean rooms. Stayed on the top floor, and I think those rooms have newer interior. The food was not the best, and no Mexican quality at all. But I am sure thats not why you go to Cancun. The buffet was in the end the best! We tried the Mexican restaurant (Sarape); boring, dry and tasteless. Same with the Sands snack bar, but good very good cocktails. There are 3 restaurant you cant go to unless you have the black wristband (more expensive stay). And those restaurant looked really tasty: Steakhouse, Tapas and Wine restaurant and a sushi restaurant. So if there is not much price difference I would upgrade. I mean, we got tried of the food after just three days.

But, again, great place to party and meet people. Never had any problem getting a sunbed. And another tip, go to the Tatish buffet, better food and less people! That buffet lays in the quite area of the hotel. No queue. But I would say we got our money's worth! But, you must pay for intenett, as every All Inclusive hotel, which I find to be crazy in general!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Ingrid_Reisegleder
Reviewed 11 January 2012

This is a good hotel for short trips staying.
Very long and nice pool and in fornt of the best beach
This is the favorite place for staying during Spring Break between February and April every year. Not recomenden for relaxing escapades during this monts.
All Inclusive

Nice place for traveling with friends

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank CancunVoyager
Reviewed 10 January 2012

just went to the grand oasis for a small family wedding. the pool & the beach were extremely clean and enjoyable. I absolutely LOVED the foam party in the Up & Down Disco. This was definitely the highlight of my trip. The food was so good! My only complaint was that in the restaurants the service was extremely slow. The bartenders were so friendly and came up with some really interesting and delicious drinks. a great tip would be to talk to the bartenders about things to do in the area. they don't make commission off of telling you what they enjoy so it is much better than asking the tour guides.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family