Grand Oasis Cancun
US$506
US$326
US$312
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
US$645
Agoda.com
US$479
US$409
11,081 results
All reviewscoyote locomaria bonitayounger crowdparty atmospherecoco bongoshowscareyescircusblastcarlos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We just got back from a 6 day trip to the Oasis Cancun. This trip was a last minute decision for us as we were joining a few of our friends on their planned vacation. Everyday I came online to read reviews and look up pictures because I was so excited to be going away again. I started to become very skeptical about this resort after reading all the horrible things people said about this place. However I wanted to keep a positive attitude and figured that everyone has their own opinion and some people are just really picky so I decided I would be the one to judge this resort for myself. We arrived at the resort around 4pm. As we were pulling up to the resort it looked beautiful. It has a nice golf course out front and nice curb side appeal. However, after entering the building my impression changed immediately. The lobby was horribly lit, there was an awful damp smell ( which I expected given that we were in Mexico) and the worst part of all was that you couldn't even hear yourself think thanks to the screaming teenagers/college kids who were just up the hallway at the bar. I had read that this was a party place but never did I imagine that it was that bad. Drunk people were wandering around everywhere screaming, chanting, and just being obnoxious. Not a great way to be welcomed to the resort. The staff didn't seem to care too much about this either. When we mentioned how loud it was all they said was that they can't control was everyone does! So after about 30mins at the front desk we were handing our keys, which were actual KEYS, not cards and sent us to our rooms. We booked all our rooms together and yet everyone was on different floors but we tried to stay positive and figured that it was just really busy and they couldn't accomodate our party of 9. Once getting to the room I was instantly disgusted. The room smelled horrible, the bathroom was so run down ( holes in the walls, rusty taps, black spots all over the tub and the toilet handle was hanging by a thread). We booked to have a new garden view, but once we opened the curtain all we saw was the back of a building. I took a walk out onto the balcony, which might I add was not a private balcony. It was conjoined with every other balcony on that floor and the music outside was so loud since the building we were staring at was the night club, and even with the patio door shut (which didn't shut properly and wouldn't lock) you could still hear the music blaring. However, we were so tired from travelling all day we just decided to leave our stuff in the room, grab some food and deal with the room later. After meeting back up with our group we found out that everyone had the same problems with their room. We went to the front desk to ask for new rooms and it took an hour of arguing with them in order for them to give us each a new room. The new room was better, the air actually worked in it and the view was of the pool, not exactly what we asked for but much better than staring at a building. We unpacked and got ready to go out to eat and just as we were leaving we looked across the hallway only to see police and hotel security taking pictures of a room that had just been robbed!!!!!! there was a young girl crying her eyes out and yelling that all her stuff got stolen. That was enough for us to immediately ask for an upgrade to the Grand Oasis. After multiple trips back and forth to the front desk and over to the Grand Oasis lobby, we were told that even if we paid for an upgrade there were no rooms available there. This was a huge bummer because as soon as we took a look at the Grand Oasis, we immediately knew we shouldve booked there. It was so beautiful and calm, no crazy parties going on, exactly what we wanted. The front desk finally worked out something for us and moved us over to the building on the other side of the Grand which was clearly what we had booked in the beginning. The rooms were freshly painted, the bathrooms were newly renovated and it was MUCH QUIETER.
As for the food, all I can say is dont let them fool you by saying there are numerous restaurants to eat at. There were literally 2 a la carte restaurants to make reservations at, 1 restaurant where they served pizza and burgers and 2 buffets which were exactly the same and had the exact same food every single day. I later came to find out that they count the snack bars as "restaurants" even though all they serve there is burgers and fries or icecream and popcorn. If we were able to upgrade to the Grand Oasis which wear black bands as apposed to purple then we would have had a few more selections of restaurants but still nothing amazing. After 3 days of eating the same foods over and over again I was almost ready to go home. Every night at the a la carte they had the same things. Pasta or Fillet mignon. What a selection eh!
I also read that the drinks they make are very weak. This is one thing I can disagree on. The drinks were almost too STRONG 99% of the time. Not that I'm complaining about that but they were not cheap with the booze.
The grounds were very beautiful. Nice big pool. Hated the fact that you needed a card to get a towel everyday. There were always people working to keep it clean. Most of the staff were friendly but never really went out of their way. We tipped everywhere we went and still the service was just mediocre.
The most horrible part of this trip though was that out of 9 people that went, 4 of us got sick from being there. Its been almost a week since I've been back and I still don't feel 100%. This resort is a 3star at the most. I would never got back here even if it were free. The price may be cheap but unless you are looking to party 24/7 and dont care about the quality of the rooms, food or service than book somewhere else!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
12  Thank Natalie Z
Karend68, Manager at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Oasis Cancun. We really appreciate your feedback and will use this information to help make improvements at the hotel! We would like to apologize for any distress you had and for any unfortunate experiences you encountered during your stay at the hotel. Oasis Hotels & Resorts is currently under new ownership and we are taking steps to ensure that each guest has a safe and enjoyable vacation in Cancun! Please do not hesitate to contact us at info@oasishotels.com if we can be of any assistance. Kind regards

Reviewed 6 February 2012

Just returned from a 3 night 4 day getaway, we stayed on the 5th floor lagoon view, in the main building, our room was nice no real complaints.

Don't believe all of the negative reviews, the good out way the bad. Check it out for yourself.

Check in and out went smoothly.

Staff was very helpful, when needed.

The place is gorgeous, well maintained. You will see people working all day.

Their we're people of all ages, yes there is an area that is fun, loud and people get a little wild. the place is so large you can find an area that suits you.

Food was great, we ate mostly ate the buffet, You need reservation for night time dining, they go quick.

Beach and pools areas agree very nice, yes people do go put their towels out to reserve chairs.

Be prepared to be assisted by someone at check in, that will act like they their to assist you but really they want you to go to a sales presentation.

We did the 90 min presentation, we were out in 90 mins. We were not pressured and they didn't even show any anger when we said no.

Overall we're we're pleasantly surprised and pleased.

We would definitely go.

• Stayed: February 2012
3  Thank Timecheri
Reviewed 5 February 2012

To earn 4 stars 1st thing they need is the improvement at chech in and out. The staff working at concierge desk are really incompetent! Expedite check out is just a waste of time, don't do it because you still have to wait in line again to get final check out and "exit ticket" when you're ready to leave the hotel.
The resort is great but room amenities need to upgrade to include free digital safe, bath robes, slippers, a better fridge to cool drinks, and a thermostat that can control temperature.
The beach is awesome, but be cautious with high waves and strong current. We witnessed 3 young guys got pulled by current and almost got drowned, luckily, the "AquaRunner" was right there with jet skis helping them get back in. The beach palapas and chaises are almost impossible to get, people are up early, I mean literally 6am, to put towels to reserve them, by 8 am nearly all lounges are covered with towels.
The resort has about 10 restaurants, 1 restaurant (the Bahia, serving meats) is exclusively for VIP and black wrist bands. The foods overall are just ok, some are salty and overcooked. The menu at a-la-carte is limited to 2-3 main courses, and you have to wait over 20 minutes for the foods (longer wait if you come after 7pm).
The entertainment staff is awesome, they're always around to entertain you.
Overall, this hotel is for those who want to have fun/party, for those who want a relax by the beach/pool and enjoy great foods and services I recommend Dreams Cancun, which costs a bit more $ but it's really worth!

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank TTRph
Reviewed 5 February 2012

All I am going to say is that please, please, please, don't believe the ridiculous reviews. It was an amazing place. I am sorry I am going to laugh about the petty cat remark, SO WHAT there was a cat wandering around, there were also your typical birds, iguanas, lots of peacocks, and anoles. Sorry, anyway yes there was a young crowd, they were rather entertaining and if you wanted quiet there were plenty of spots for that throughout the resort. Check in was fast through Sunwing, room was in main building, staff was very good as was the service, food was great, beach and pool were amazing. I have two young kids and they had lots of fun as did we. We would definitely go back!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Lorimj
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Nobody knows nothing, the service is not customer oriented, the place wasn't clean enought, the rooms don have enought spaces to arrange your closes, the responsiveness for their mistakes are cero... Forguet it.. Don't go there!!!.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Fsaxton
Karend68, Manager at Grand Oasis Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2012

Dear Fsaxton,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We always encourage and appreciate feedback from our guests and take your reviews very seriously. At Oasis Hotels & Resorts we strive to make our guests the number one priority and are very disappointed that your experience was not up to the standards that are expected. Please be advised that your concerns and comments will be addressed at the hotel and we will do all possible to make sure this doesn’t happen in the future. We hope that you would consider Oasis Hotels & Resorts on your next Cancun vacation! Please feel free to contact us at info@oaishotels.com if we can be of any assistance.

Warm regards,