Grand Oasis Cancun
Moon Palace Cancun(Cancun)
US$538
  • Breakfast included
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
US$645
Agoda.com
US$804
US$631
11,083 results
All reviewscoyote locomaria bonitayounger crowdparty atmospherecoco bongoshowscareyescircusblastcarlos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Please read the whole review for the real picture.......We were at the resort from Wed to Wed and found the resort itself to be beautiful. We read the reviews about this being a "party resort" when we booked, but we were okay with that because our family of six ranging in age from mid 50's to 29, enjoy our drinks too, but we had no idea to what extent. The beach was wonderful and the food was better than average but this is definitely not the place you want to go if you are hoping to get a good nights sleep. The younger crowd (late to mid twenties) were extremely rude and VERY loud at night and screaming and yelling was heard throughout the night. This occurred every night usually until 4 or 5 in the morning and then the beautiful birds would start their morning ritual. One comment that I would make is that if, during the night, someone really was in desperate need of help and tried yelling to get someone's attention -- the only attention it would receive is ANNOYANCE because that's all you hear every night. Unfortunately for the individual who may be in need, no one would even consider that someone may be in trouble and require assistance. The resort does have security around the clock, but they can only do so much to control the 'younger' crowd. We had our share of drinks as well, but we also knew when it was time to shut it down. I would suggest not going to this resort unless you are looking for a place to drink and scream all night long. We would definitely look at booking in the Grand Oasis for a return visit. Your all inclusive bracelet allows you to go to both resorts and the Grand was certainly a lot more quiet in all aspects.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank MedicineHat
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed one week at this very large resort in February of 2012. We enjoyed most of the 16 or so restaurants at this resort. Our favorite was the Sevilla Tapas Wine and Bar. Excellent wine and wonderfully made tapas. The Flamenco dancer was also excellent. More than just tapas, we made it a meal. Service outstanding. We found the quality of the buffet restaurants to be excellent. Our favorite was the one overlooking the ocean. Beautiful white walls, huge glass windows and not a fingerprint anywhere. We enjoyed shrimp, large prawns, mussels or many different kinds of fish. All well done. And the tequila! Would definitely go again. Although this resort does not have a large auditorium for shows, we enjoyed the Careyes Bar. Alejandra Milan performed and is outstanding. Highly recommend. If I had anything negative it could be the noise in our room staying in the pyramid. The huge atrium is gorgeous, but with some shows etc it does let noise in the rooms well into the evening. But a small thing. Spotless room. Spotless everywhere. The others that say it was dirty must have had other issues. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Next time I would avoid the pyramid "grand oasis" rooms and ask for a room either in the south or north building. Another two buildings north and south are by the ocean, five in all. Ask for a room in either of these buildings closest to the pyramid. This is to avoid the nightclubs and loud music at both extreme ends of the property.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thomas J
Reviewed 24 February 2012

Not ever going to Cancun, we chose this package. Go with the Grand Oasis, not Oasis Cancun next door. Many services are shared by the 2, some restaurants are not. Stay AWAY from the internet in the lobby--the timer drains your $20. per hour in no time & then we were unable to sign back in at a later time. The desk would not help us, as it was a 3rd party, that rented the space. We complained 4 times about the toilet not flushing. The beach is beautiful & of course the water is the gorgeous blue. Luckily we didn't spend that much time in our musty room. Also, we were told it wouldn't be spring break & it was starting. Also, when delivered there, we were informed we had picked the Party Resort! Great! Yep, the first view of the lobby was someone drunk & throwing up as they helped her out. The phones & international operators were awful. The phone number on the info was incorrect, luckily things were fine back home since we had absolutely no communication. You see everything from babies to 80's. Old men in their Speedos, topless gals (who had nothing to show!) Disappointed--Yes

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank usa25
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stayed here with my friend from February 5th to 12th 2012. We almost stayed here for my sisters wedding in 2008 but we switched it to the Oasis Viva after reading terrible reviews on Oasis cancun. I kind of kept up on reviews of it over the years out of curiosity and decided to check it out after finding a good deal. I have stayed at many resorts over the years that have the same or similar “bad” reviews and they’ve all been wonderful. I’ve stayed at better than the Oasis cancun, but I’ve stayed at worse. It’s generally a cheaper resort so you get what you pay for. Don’t expect to be waited on hand and foot! Anyways just to make this clear because it’s important to know what type of “travelers” we are. We’re two girls, 21 and 22 years old. Looking for mostly beach and relaxation and playing in the waves. We are young and do like to party, but only drank two days out of seven so definitely not major. Mostly just relaxed around the resort.

Anyways, I'll break it down by categories

Check-In & Lobby:
There's so many horror stories about checking in here. I was fully prepared to sit back and relax for hours judging by what other reviews said. Nah it was more like ten minutes ;) mind you, we did arrive at 2am so that probably helped make the process smoother (no one else there lol). Yes some of the buildings have an actual KEY for your room and not a card. I really don't see why some people freak out about that. Whats it matter? I feel safer with a physical lock and key rather than glitchy magnetic cards and technology. Also the lobby is disappointingly dark. We're in the tropics here! Why so dark and closed off? Good thing there's lot's of nice outdoor places

The Room:
Nice at first glance. Nice tile floors, nice looking bathroom. Flat screen TV, nice dresser. At closer glance, lots of dirty spots in the bathtub. A little rough around the edges. Not the nicest rooms, not the worst. Beds were nice and comfy though and air conditioning worked nicely. The tv with lots of channels to choose from is good. Choose a good show or movie to fall asleep to cause you'll need something to drown out the noise of the banging club music and people in the halls. The doors are like paper! That part is a bummer but I had read lots of reviews on this hotel and new to expect noise. Yeah it’s too bad about having to hear the club music. Maybe one day Oasis cancun can install patio doors that keep out sound better. Our room wasn't missing anything which was good. I am pretty good and easy to please with resorts but I was really disgusted with the housekeeping. They didn't change my sheets when there was clearly stuff spilled on it. I figured they would see that and change it. I actually dont expect them to change the sheets everyday and it'd be ridiculous if they did. How wastefeul. Do you change your bed sheets everyday at home? But when there's clearly a pink drink spilled on it.. please change. The towels were changed everyday and sometimes they'd give us double. Water re-stocked everyday (one bottle. can get refills at any bar or buffet). Also they did not mop the floors which we paid attention to see if they'd clean up another spill. I have never not-tipped room service. I am in the habit of tipping even for just "good enough" or "expected" service. This wasnt even close. I stopped tipping after a few days. It was that bad. OH yeah the balcony was small but fine whatever. Didn't spend much time there. Only maybe to hang stuff up to dry or scope out the weather for the day.

Pool & grounds:
Beautiful pools! Huge. Yes as said in many reviews, there are two distinct "sides". One is the party side with games, music, dancing and entertainment. Lot's of fun, and lots of swim-up bars. This is where the people are to drink and be loud. Don't like it? That's cool because a 20 second walk away is the quiet side of the pool. No music, dancing, games, etc. Just quiet, peace, and palm trees. Whatever you're in the mood for really. Yes there’s the occasional vomiting person on the party side. There’s also always the trusty wheelchair you see people getting wheeled to their rooms in by staff if they’re too drunk. Kind of amusing… also kinda sad to see someone THAT wasted at only 1pm but hey.. it’s Cancun lol. Again these sites can be avoided on the “quiet” side if you’re bothered. The grounds are just plain BEAUTIFUL. Green grass, lush palm trees with coconuts. Flowers. Lot’s of hammocks and beds and cabanas on the grounds to relax in. Oh the hammocks are great! Also the occasional peacock which is cool! So beautiful and peaceful on the grounds. I miss it.

Beach:
The most important part of vacation… the beach! It’s Cancun so naturally it’s freaking perfect. Gorgeous blue water. Waves to play in. A little strong on some days, calm on others. Some reviews say they saw people getting rescued in the water. I didn’t see any of that. I did have a lifeguard whistle at me to go into a different part of the water though because I guess I was in a part with a stronger current. Good to see that they have people looking out for you. These were oasis hired lifeguards on the beach too which is nice to know that the hotel cares enough about your safety and stuff. There’s lots of beds and cabanas and chairs. Yeah if you go down in the middle of the day it is a little bit of a hunt for a chair. We always ended up with one though. There is the occasional sales vendor selling jewelry, day trips, or club passes. Nice if you’re interested, if not just say so and they’ll leave you alone (let’s be real though, its Mexico, you might have to say no a few times lol). The beach is publicly owned and you will encounter vendors anywhere in Cancun, so please do not hold this against the resort. It bugs me when people don’t clarify that.

Restaurants & Bars:
We had a purple wristband. I still don’t know what the difference is between that one and the orange. I do know that black meant “grand”. Anyways we ate at the buffets or the Italian/pizza restaurant. And that one restaurant overlooking the beach (the outdoor one where they serve you, not the indoor buffet). No idea what any of them are called lol sorry. We don’t bother with a la carte reservations so I can’t help you there. The buffet was good though, always good food and variety and lots of fresh fruits and vegetables yumm. Service was hit and miss. Some waiters went above and beyond, treating you like royalty. Some waiters would just take away your dirty plates but not even offer you a drink or anything. Not a big deal really, I can get off my butt and get my own. It’s a buffet afterall. Luck of the draw, everyone is different. No one ever says anything about a tip. But for the people who go above and beyond, they definitely deserve recognition. The bartenders were hit and miss as well. They bar and buffet were often busy and crowded so it’s REALLY hard to be picky and hold it against them when things don’t run smoothly. There’s usually 1 or 2 guys trying to quickly serve 10-20 people around the bar. Use a bubba or another large thermos. That way you don’t have to go and wait in line constantly, you get a bigger drink that lasts longer and stays colder, and you can save cups . They will pay special attention to you with a tip though lol. It’s Mexico, typical. There were lots of bars though and a few near the beach and of course swim up bars if you are drunk enough to not mind sitting in what is likely a bunch of urine. That’s cool, there’s showers near the pool lol. Oh yeah Coyote loco is insaaaane. Long drink lineups but totally fun. There’s the platform in the middle to dance on. Good music and even a live cover band that played from above. That was neat! Some uh scantily clad “go-go” dancers. Kinda fun to have them around but they were definitely a treat for the boys lol. They loved them. Oh and some people say the food made them sick… I don’t know. We never got sick from anything. Be careful what you eat. I mean I did make sure that if I noticed the chicken was a little pink, don’t eat it. It’s a foreign country and you gotta be extra safe. Be very very cautious about eating off the resort too. You never know. You can’t trust everything. Also for the love of god don’t drink the tap water. Someone in a recent review said they did that and were fine. They must be trolling. Mexico 101: Don’t drink the tap water no matter what. Use the bottled water to brush your teeth as well.

Other:
There’s a pretty golf course in front of the resort. It’s right next to a bus stop that will take you anywhere. Some people say they come every five minutes. Not true. I’d say it’s more like every two minutes lol. It’s SO convenient. There’s a little convenience store and stuff across from the hotel too if you need anything. Don’t buy from the store on the resort. VERY over priced ($35 for a bottle of sunscreen lol). It’s worth it to walk across the street and get it for cheaper. Even further, you can take the bus into the hotel zone downtown and get stuff for even cheaper. The views around the platforms above the beach are just beautiful and breathtaking. Remember, you’re not paying for a luxurious resort. It’s a budget resort and it’s good enough. Keep your expectations low and you wont be disappointed. For example, if you need something for your room, don’t expect to get it. Seriously, that sounds bad, but it’s realistic. You can’t be like some people on here who wait two hours in their room for a hair dryer to show up. Lol that’s ridiculous. It’s a busy cheap resort. You gotta get on your two feet and walk to the lobby if you need anything. Just change your mindset and know what to expect and you’ll be fine. I had a very lovely vacation here. The rooms and the lobby were the most disappointing part, but you don’t spend much time in there anyways.

Anyways hope this review has been helpful… message me with any questions.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
8  Thank beachluvr123
Reviewed 24 February 2012

BECAREFUL about "PRICEBEAT" COMPANY !!! DONT believe THEM !!! I boocked the trip and I lost more than $1300 CAD. All the time "PRICEBEAT" delay answers on the questions but THEY /pricebeat.ca/ taking money from Your account ! BECAREFUL. DONT GIVE them a no. off Your credit card. Witold-Kitchener,ON

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple