Grand Oasis Cancun
US$508
US$412
US$269
  • Pool
Hotel NYX Cancun(Cancun)(Great Value!)
US$159
Marriott Hotels
US$109
US$79
Agoda.com
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
US$800
11,225 results
All reviewscoyote locomaria bonitayounger crowdparty atmospherecoco bongoshowscareyescircusblastcarlos
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I traveled to the Grand Oasis from Apr 9-15 with my boyfriend, both of us in our mid 20s. Our room was in the main pyramid building, which is amazingly beautiful. The room was very nice and we had no problems with broken AC or hot water like people had written in their reviews. We also were never awakened by loud partiers in the middle of the night like others said. The beach was soooo beautiful and we went down at around 10am and never had a problem getting chairs. The grounds of the resort were so nice, clean and scenic. The resort was at maximum capacity during our stay, however there never seemed to be more than 5 other parties at each restaurant/buffet. That being said, if you don't have the black "grand" wristband, you will find that you don't have access to the nice restaurants and bars. This was good because access was denied to the crazy partying spring break group, and we could have nice peaceful dinners. There was a lot of spring breakers, but they had their own section of the pool (which smelled like urine permanently) and they didn't have the VIP bracelets so we were able to do most things without being surrounded by them. They were obnoxious, however if you like rap/hip hop music and don't mind drunk people it was actually a fun scene, even if you didn't want to participate in the party. There were older people and families with children who seemed to enjoy the atmosphere and hung out around that crowd also, so it wasn't anything too crazy. The food was so good at all of the restaurants and buffets. The portions at the restaurants were very small, so we went to 2 restaurants a night or a restaurant and a buffet, which was fun. The service was great, although we tipped a lot, just because we found everyone to be hard working and pleasant, which we appreciated. The resort is big, but not too big and though it was at max capacity it felt like it wasn't even at half because of how many restaurants/buffets/bars they have and because not everyone pays for the black wristband. I absolutely loved this resort, between my boyfriend and I we have been to 5 different all inclusives and this was the best by far. We cant wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for the main pyramid building
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2012

The resort itself was beautiful and huge the views were great but unfortunately I incurred issues with my room. I paid for Sens VIP when I arrived they took my bags from me which was great I didn't have to drag around my luggage there was a special VIP lounge for check in which I thought was fabulous being that there was a line by the regular check in counter. The girls there had such an attitude they told me that my room was not available which I found it hard to believe being that I didn't book is trip last minute reservations had been made way in advance so they made me wait 20 minutes for the room. My package included free wifi they said they didn't have the codes available to come back in the afternoon. Well when I arrived to my room it was a double bed room, which was not necessary being that I was the only person staying in the room and the ways were stained and the curtains had cigarette holes. I went back down to the VIP lounge and asked about the wifi codes and informed them the room that was given to me was not what I asked for. They said they would handle the room issue tomorrow and the wifi codes would arrive in the morning. So I returned the following morning the said I had to wait till after 3pm to figure out the room issue and wifi codes would be available the following morning. I met up with my sister and checked out her room and it was beautiful the decorations and the furniture was very nice compared to mine only problem was the view wasn't great. I went back after 4 to deal with my room situation and right infront of me another person asked about wifi codes they told him they weren't available but they would provide him with a courtesy 3 day code, which I found unbelievable being that I had been asking for these codes for the past two days. I finally received a cleaner one bed ocean view room and the my downside to this room was that the mini fridge didn't close all the way without me forcing it close so I'm sure house keeping wondered why there were always foot prints on the fridge door. Also the shower didnt have curtains it had a glass which didnt go all the way down so when taking a shower all the water leaked out and flooded the bathroom. I finally received wifi codes on day 3 which made things a lot better being wifi is available throughout the entire resort so I was able to communicate back home through the web and the only huge complaint that I had was that the water ran yellow the entire time I was there so I ran around the resort with hair that smelled like rusty pipes. Oh and on day 4 I lost power in my room which I had to wait 3 hours for maintenance to show up. I was just so tired with dealing with problems I finally dealt with them and attempted to enjoy my stay because if not I would have wasted it away fighting with the hotel. I would probably only book this hotel again if rooms were not available at cancun palace, melia or the riu.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Lubia S
Reviewed 19 April 2012

This Grand Oasis resort (large pyramid) is huge, lots to see, lots of places to eat. The main buffet was out of this world I couldn't believe how many different great foods there was. We stay in the pyramid which was the nicer hotel compare to the younger peoples side (Oasis) by the far pool near Mexican restaurant. The Oasis the smaller side did have a taco stand and popcorn stand though. VIP lounge was the best,sat outside on patio there, watch all the actors come around. Started our evenings off in the VIP lounge bar too met lots of people from everywhere, went dancing with some. The only thing that got me was the computers first day there I ran up and down getting passcodes 3 times, couldnt use this computer couldnt use that computer. Two different companys one up in VIP lounge and other in the bottom floor cant buy passcodes to use in both. Take time look around at each restaurant and bar entertainment in all, some bands even. Ask for what you want, sometimes just go get it yourself if needed. Dont expect them to know English that well or some at all, your in their country learn some spanish! We had a blast it's quite large lots of walking and you got to get up early to get chairs by pool but that old news in all resort now. Watch the guys on beaches all say it real silver stamped with 925. But I talk to a jeweller in town and he said you can get a stamp to say that. If you know your silver it will be heavier and if its too cheap its not real. Email me if want more info no worries!!

Room Tip: Pyramid high floors ask for fridge.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank conchitta
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I have been on a few vacations in my life but this is by far the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. When my husband and i booked the trip the review on the hotel said that it was all inclusive but when we got there they told us that in order to be able to enjoy ALL that the hotel had to offer we needed to purchase the upgrade bracelet that was going to cost us $28 per person per day and that if it was lost in order to get a new one the charge would be $100. we then get to our room and we have to full size beds instead of the king that we paid for when we booked. When we tried to get a king size they said they could not accomodate us. The second day there there was vomit floating in the pool and it took them 2 DAYS to get it cleaned up. After that everywhere you walked all you could smell was vomit. The food was very bland and they served the same thing everyday. The menu never changed and was NOT tasteful. When you go to look at pictures to book for this hotel do not be fooled, the pictures they show you are of the Grand Oasis. My husband and i will never stay with another Oasis resort again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Amy L
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I first went to this resort in September 2010 and loved it! Beautiful grounds, beach is wondering, food and service was good, never got sick, never had a problem with either buffets or a la cartes. Downtown Cancun was unreal! Had no poor experiences with service or staff & weather was also fantastic! Enjoy the trip so much rebooked when I visited this past November and again, had a fabulous time!! I think really it is a hit and miss no matter where you book when you go away, I did hear of others experiencing minor issues but i think its what you make of your time away. If you havent booked the Oasis, give it a try! I know when I visit the Yucatan again I will be returning :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple