11,727 results
All reviews coyote loco younger crowd a lot of fun coco bongo shows careyes circus blast carlos
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Good location

Beach- beautiful, clean, - no food or drink service is provided

Pools- very clean.

Property does not have enough bathrooms on site. Most women bathrooms had no toilet seats attached. They were very hot inside with no ac.

The best place to eat is the breakfast buffet. Other than that only the sushi Resturant was good. Don't eat the sushi at the swim up bar. So many flys and so fishy.

Check in takes forever. The staff at the chec in counter are so rude. Don't fall for any of the people trying to sell you packages for going downtown or day excursions. They will pressure you into buying everything ad it's all over prices. Room service takes forever and they bang on the door until you wake up. This resort is not for families or couples. It's for cheap college kids who are disrespectful

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Aldis85
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Just returned from a ten day stay. We had to return to the check in desk three times before we were assigned a room. At check in we were told we were being upgraded and did not get assigned the room type we had booked. We ended up staying in the main pyramid which proved to be good. The staff are mostly friendly and helpful. There is plenty to eat and drink. I would not stay in Oasis Cancun portion of this resort. It was extremely loud and a college party atmosphere. Plastic cups in the pool and naked college students on their balconies. Fortunately, we had paid extra to be a Grand Oasis guest. Our room was smaller than we had anticipated but it was clean and suited our needs. The pillows were extremely hard. They were so hard my friend contemplated a trip to Walmart to purchase one should could sleep on. Room service is extremely slow. We ordered from it three times. It took anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 hours to receive our order. The buffets were average. The Italian and Brazilian steakhouse were our two favorite restaurants. I did not like their house liquor but they have better brands. You do need to request it however. Our room was cleaned nine out of ten days and she did a good job. Our mini fridge was difficult to close. You had to lift while closing the door to get a seal. Otherwise we had warm beverages and a moist floor. The pool chairs by the main pyramid are comfortable. The white plastic ones at either end of the pool were very difficult to get comfortable in. Many people "save" their chairs and don't return for hours. I do not believe this is fair or uncommon in comparison to other resorts. Our stay was average. There was no kids club as mentioned in their literature which my nine year old was greatly disappointed. The location of the hotel is close to shopping, marinas and public transportation. At check in you are given a plastic wristband which you must wear throughout your stay. My daughter's slipped off her wrist while she was swimming two days prior to our departure. At time of check out I was informed I was going to be charged $100 USD for her missing bracelet. I questioned this as they are not reused. I was informed to discuss this at the concierge desk. I explained my situation to the concierge and at first he was unwilling to help me. After further explanation and debating he offered to reduce the rate to $50 USD. I asked to speak to someone of higher authority. After a quick attempt, was told his supervisor could meet with me at noon. Convienant for them the taxi was scheduled to pick my party up at 11:00. I explained I needed to be at the airport and again asked if I could speak to is supervisor. I was told no, that he was unavailable until noon. I finally gave up after fighting for 45 minutes over a $50 fee for a carnival bracelet and paid it. I was given a complaint form to fill out and was told it would go to corporates for review. I filled it out but doubt it ever will get read by anyone of any authority. My stay over all was okay. Prior to the awful check out experience I had already decided I probably would try somewhere else next time. Now, I definitely would say I would not stay here again. The grounds were beautiful and most of the staff very kind. Our room had two double beds which contrasts to the two queens I was expecting per their explaination on their website. The noise level was loud and it was difficult to sleep at times. My husband walked to the nearest store our first night there to buy ear plugs. It wasn't a horrible experience but wasn't the best either. The highlights of my vacation occurred off site. The beach is very nice and does have lifeguards. I hope this review helps someone.

Room Tip: Stay in the main pyramid.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 17Lisa
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I went with a friend of mine and we both had a great time. Great location, immaculate grounds, good food and GREAT drinks. It's nice that every room has a balcony. The checkin was quick and the desk clerk was very nice. The time share salesperson told me that she was my "concierge"... good one, I bought it for a while... it didn't take me long to convince her that I wasn't interested and she never bothered me again.

We had a nice pool view room in building 3. That's the quiet side of the resort which suited us fine because we slept in every day. If you have the money, go for the ocean view... it's a much better view. BUT... if you're a late sleeper, know that the curtains are light filtering ones, NOT light blocking so that sun comes right in the room early... I'll back up the "stay away from building's one and two if you get a poolside room" comment everyone makes, they're by the noisy pool and the club that stays open till 2am. If you want quiet, the pyramid, buildings three or four are the places to stay. We got a safe for security, the fridge was stocked and every time we wanted more towels or even once had our toilet fixed, it was done quickly. Room service took about 45 minutes, but they warn you about that when you order so I didn't mind it.

There are 2 pools: a quiet one and an active one. The quiet one is just that... quiet. Still, it has a bar and lots of chairs to lounge in. It was a great place to just hang... The active pool has a DJ, basketball nets and a volleyball net along with 2 pool bars. I spent about half my time there because the people watching was fantastic. One caution: if you have kids, the area near that pool bar got pretty R rated; people making out in the pool, girls lifting their tops, lots of swearing. I didn't mind, but if I had kids, I'd have been at the other pool ;-)

I thought that the service was awesome (exceptions below) and the food was good too. The buffet was good and there was always a chef cooking something for you at one of the stations (omlettes, shrimp, etc.). The waiter at the upscale Mexican restaurant introduced me to Drambuie, an after dinner drink. I both love and hate that guy... love him because it's a wonderful tasty drink and hate him because I drank it all night after that... what a hangover LOL :) But again... hey... I'm on vacation. The all inclusive let me try new stuff and I did. From dinks to food... try it... if you don't like it, they take it away and bring you something else.

We took the bus everywhere and for a buck, it's a good deal. All the bus drivers were great at finding out where we wanted to go and dropping us off close.

At night, the club was filled with younger people, but hey... I'm on vacation so I pretended to be young as long as I could. The foam party was something to watch and hey, jump in, if you dare... it was a heck of a time! They had a good cover band at the Coyote Loco. I brought a bunch of ones and tipped here or there if the bartender was nice and quick.

There were two things that I didn't like... (1) There was one bartender in the Coyote Loco club that was extremely rude to anyone not holding out a dollar, even to the point where he would serve the people behind you just to prove a point. That server tainted the one night I was there, which was unfortunate. But... I learned my lesson and went to the other bartenders to get my drink. No problems after that. (2) The shot girls will give you a watery shot right out of the bottle and then aggressively try to get a tip from you. The solution to this would be the resort actually enforcing the "TIPS INCLUDED" rule that they advertise and not allow the staff to harrass the guests or treat them differently. Oh well... again, I'm on vacation. I didn't go back to the jerk bartender and told the shot girls no after that, with that many people working there, there are bound to be bad apples. Every other employee I encountered at the resort was outstanding.

In the end, I would definately go again. It was a great time, I met some new friends and won't forget my Mexican Oasis vacation for a long time to come.

Room Tip: We had a nice pool view room in building 3. That's the quiet side of the resort which suited us fine because we slept in every day. If you have the money, go for the ocean view... it's a much better view. BUT... if you're a late sleeper, know that the curtains are light filtering ones, NOT light blocking so that sun comes right in the room early... I'll back up the "stay away from building's one and two if you get a poolside room" comment everyone makes, they're by the noisy pool and the club that stays open till 2am. If you want quiet, the pyramid, buildings three or four are the places to stay.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank LarryL982
Reviewed 21 April 2012

You get what you pay for right? We found a "smoking deal" on this resort, and understood based on reading previous reviews that it wouldn't be a 5 star experience. Ultimately, we have no regrets however, we would not recommend this resort to any close friends or acquaintenances for that matter.

PROS

Location: on the edge of the hotel zone, which made transportation anywhere easy by bus

Beach: beautiful, and clean - plenty of chairs/loungers if you could get to them early!

Pools: beautiful and clean - one end of the resort more family oriented, the opposite end more of a party atmosphere

VIP Lounge: if you're lucky enough to get a gold or black wrist band, you have access to this lounge found in the main pyramid. drinks were always cold and the service good

Food - Restaurants: We really enjoyed the sit-down restaurants. Maybe it's because we ate at the buffet for dinner and lunch first (horrific experience). The food was good for lunch and dinner. Our favorite was the mexican restaurant, followed closely by the italian and the asian. We were not fans of the Seafood restaurant - gross and cold.

CONS

Time Share Reps: It was BRUTAL how persistent the time share reps where. After check-in, they insisted that we come with them for a tour (they're dressed as hotel employees - beware). We declined the offer, and the reps were very frustrated, borderline hateful.

Transportation Company : Again, another scam....we prepaid for transportation to/from the airport. Upon arrival we were told that we would need to meet with "henry" later that afternoon, once we checked-in so we could coordinate our return transportation. We knew this was a scam based on reading other reviews (thank you!) so we opted not to participate. We knew they were just trying to sell us excursions. Two days in a row, we had "URGENT" notices under our door claiming they had already scheduled a pick-up for us, at 4am on Sunday (3 days early) ...and we needed to confirm that was correct. Obviously we knew this was a lie but it was still annoying. We decided to visit "Henry" on our last full day to confirm transportation, at which point he wouldn't help us unless we came back with our flight information. We left, then came back - and then discovered that he already had our itinerary on a prepopulated report. Obviously, he was trying to be difficult. He then went on to explain that they had been looking for us because there was a chance that our flight had been cancelled....again, another scare tactic. We didn't fall for any of it - but just the fact that we prepaid for this service....and the company was being deceptive really hacked us off.

Long story short - IGNORE instructions that you need to meet with your transportation company the day you arrive. And also ignore their "urgent" warnings. It's all a lie.

Customer Service: The service here was NON-EXISTENT. The staff did NOT go out of their way whatsoever to help. Even when tipped.

Room Service/Front Desk: Non-Existent. We tried calling for room service 3-4 times during our stay and they never answered the phone. It rang and rang and rang. We suspect that they flagged our room # as one that didn't participate in the time share presentation. (Are we paranoid ?Maybe.)

Drinks: All drinks were warm - except the ones in the VIP Lounge.

Room: Our room and bed was clean (thankfully) however, we didn't have a dresser or cabinet to store our clothes. So we had to leave them in our suitcases. Also, it rained on our last day, and the balcony door leaked so our things were soaked. Also, if the balcony door is open and your room door is open....then the room door will SLAM shut! You could hear it happening all down the hall....at all hours. All of the doors had giant cracks as well and were loose from the frame. You could see daylight around all 4 corners...which meant you had no privacy and you could hear EVERYTHING that was happening in the hall.

Food - Buffet: STAY AWAY FROM THE BUFFET. Everything was gross and flavorless. Everything. Things that should've been cold - were not . And things that should've been hot - were not . So the food was suspect. I know we're americans...however ,trust me when I say the food had no flavor. It was so weird. I thought I might actually lose weight on this trip until we discovered the convenience store across the street and the sit-down restaurants. :)

Hopefully this review helps influence your decision to book here. Again, you get what you pay for. We wanted a clean room, nice beach and good food. We did get those 3 things...however, we took for granted the other stuff (harassment, customer service, etc.)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank NadmKC
Reviewed 20 April 2012

There’s a lot to like and dislike about this resort. After 14 trips to Cancun and Riviera Maya, we decided to try the Grand Oasis as we love the replenished beach of the hotel zone in Cancun. I can’t say that our trip during spring break is indicative of how the hotel is the other 10 months of the year. Oasis reaches out to college students while the rest of the Cancun resorts have largely tried to distance themselves from spring break in favor of more families and upscale travelers.

We booked an oceanfront room and after reading the reviews we believed we would be in a quiet building largely free of college students. Not so. The yelling and screaming at 4 am was quite irritating. We stayed in room 3207 which was tired, small and in need of an update. There was no coffee maker in the room, nor an iron/ ironing board (so I was told by my girlfriend.) The mini bar was only stocked once during our stay. Also, the bottom 3 floors of building 3 are an echo chamber and the noise does carry. It’s also 24 hour noise during spring break. Try for a higher floor. Housekeeping was excellent, and we tipped every day.

Booked through Delta Vacations in an ocean front room and requested high floor, but was given second floor. Attempted to change rooms several times and was always told “tomorrow we can change you,” and “we have made a note to change you.” One thing about the Oasis vs. Grand Oasis booking is that the hotel is not segregated, and when they have more bookings for the Oasis, like during spring break, they’ll start putting people in what would normally be Grand Oasis rooms. Our oceanfront view was frequently of guys climbing up the building to get to their rooms, and though security was right there to admonish them, the scene was repeated daily.

Grounds and pool were beautiful and well maintained; staff was polite and helpful, save for blowing us off on the room change, which seems systemic judging from other comments I’ve read. This is a large resort, and most of the partying was confined to the north side pools, bars and beach. There are a myriad of nice restaurants, Dos Lunas was our favorite for dinner, as was the Brazilian Rodizzio on the south side of the resort with the traveling skewers of roasted meats. Restaurant Careyes, the gourmet Mexican place had excellent food, but very inattentive service. There were numerous times we were left sitting for 20 minutes without seeing a server. Marketplace was great for breakfast, and there were normally snacks available in the VIP lounge. There’s a burger grill on the south side near building 3. Entertainment was also very good with a wide range of choices for all tastes throughout the resort. We were unable to find coffee before 6:30 am and we didn’t even bother to try room service after seeing previous comments.

We had an early flight into CUN and check in was easy at 9 am as no one was waiting, but at 11:30 when our friends arrived, it was disorganized with a long wait. Our checkout was smooth until they told us that we needed to have out wristbands cut off and could not have lunch before departing, which is something I’ve never encountered before. Eventually, the desk clerk marked our check out slip so that we could eat, but it was an odd experience that kind of summed up our stay. Definitely would go elsewhere March/April timeframe.

Overall, this might be a good place for value outside of spring break time, and it is a beautiful resort, but our room was the most mediocre that I have stayed in at 8 different places. I can’t speak to whether that was a one off though our friends seemed satisfied with their rooms, though I’m disappointed at the front desk shuffle which makes me reluctant to try any Oasis hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Building 3 is oceanfront, try to get a higher floor
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple