Went here for 2 weeks in march 2012 with my wife. Overall, had a really nice time and would go back again. Week one was slightly crazy as it seemed popular with spring breakers but week 2 was a lot quieter.
Main plus points:
-Really hard working and polite staff in both the entertainment team and main restaurant
- Great service around the pool and on the beach in terms of drinks brought to you and constantly refilled
-Large variety of food choice and good quality. given we were there 2 weeks we never got bored
Not so great points:
- As hard as the staff work the evening entertainment shows are just a bit naff
- The individual restaurants arent great. only the steak house is table service and bizarrely, the mexican restaurant was truly awful. the mexican night in the main restaurant was 100 times better. we preferred to just eat in the main restaurant each night
Awful point: the attitude of the reception staff was shocking. i had my resort towel stolen from the private beach and went to report it in order to get another towel. i was told as it was my responsibility i had to pay $20 for another! I explained it had been stolen and the charge policy clearly stated i should pay if the towel was lost, not stolen. The receptionist said i should have kept an eye on it, even when walking or swimming in the sea! This went on for ages until i turned into mr angry and strangely they then agreed to give me another towel.
A simple tip should your towel be stolen- behind the towel hut is a huge pile of towels to be washed. just take one of these and exchange it for a towel card, and then for a fresh towel. this will save you dealing with the pathetic reception staff who are put to shame by the staff in all the other areas of the hotel. To argue with me over 20 dollars when we paid 2.5 thousand quid was infuriating! Rant over.
Aside from this one issue we had no other problems and overall enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Cancun's resort area. 9-Story building. On the beachfront. Complimentary sun loungers on the beach. 3 Km. /1.9 Miles from a shopping center. 4,5 Km/2.5 Miles from downtown Cancun. 21 Km/13.1 Miles to Cancun Int'l. Airport. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Riu Caribe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Caribe Real Cancun
- Grand Caribe Cancun
- Grand Caribe Real Cancun
- Riu Caribe Resort Cancun
- Riu Caribe Cancun Mexico
- Riu Caribe Mexico