“Great Time Fishing!”

Cancun Fly Fishing Light Tackle and Fly Fishing Charters.
More attraction details
Owner description: Cancun Fly Fishing provides Light tackle fishing, flats fishing, and fly fishing charters in Cancun Mexico. Isla Blanca trips and Cancun Lagoon trips. Fly fish for Tarpon, Snook, Permit, and Bonefish. World class fly fishing charters in Cancun, Mexico.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Monday, March 26, 2018 my daughter and I did the 6 hour Cancun Lagoon Fishing Trip. Our guide for the day was Mau. He did an excellent job working with us to get on to several fish. My daughter is into spin casting while I am into fly fishing. This did pose some challenges as different locations are better served for the style of fishing (spin cast versus fly fishing). We were fortunate to be in the speed boat Hell's Bay, which had a 150 hp outboard. Let's just say we can cover some water pretty fast when you need to get to another spot or clear a vessel that is trying to cut you off. It was a definite positive for us. Mau was very considerate of being sure we were okay with the speed of the boat. I landed a small barracuda and cast to a few tarpon. My daughter had a couple barracuda strike and a sizable Permit, but was not able to get a solid hook set. She did end up with a Sea Trout and a Lady Fish.

This was my second trip with Cancun Fly Fishing Light Tackle and Fly Fishing Charters. I return to Cancun on a regular basis and intend on booking numerous trips with them in the future. I find this organization to be reasonably priced, offer a great service, and they work their tails off to get you on the fish.

I highly recommend this trip if you want to do some fishing. I also suggest booking the 6 hour trip, 4 hours is not enough time in my opinion. They will tell you that 8 hours is a long day, I would agree.

CancunFlyFishing, Owner at Cancun Fly Fishing Light Tackle and Fly Fishing Charters., responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you for fishing with us and for your kind comments. We do work hard to give people some nice memories.

We look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Jon

in 7 reviews
"outfit"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 27 February 2018

Had the pleasure of spending 6 hours with guide Marichio fishing both mangroves and in the main Cancun lagoon. Weather did not cooperate (raining buckets of water on and off), but was a relatively good bite with barracuda, jacks and small snappers hooked, landed or lost during the 6 hour trip. Highlight was hooking and landing an awesome snook.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

First time fishing with my 10 year old son. Booked a 4 hour trip in the morning with light tackle on the lagoon side. Our guide Noel was absolutely awesome. He was very good with my son and taught him how to cast. He was polite and good natured. He made sure we had a great time and kept his boat very clean. We caught a few sea trout and barracuda. If we come back to Cancun we will definitely fish again with Noel.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

Check out my previous review. This was our 4th visit to Cancun. I booked Enrique again for the first day and had the pleasure of fishing with his son Bernardo on the second day. Found and caught fish on both days.

At the outset of my first day I had explained to Enrique that my goal was to catch a Permit (or Palometa) on fly. Under Enrique's careful and expert direction, the first day turned out to be exceptionally special for me since I was finally able to catch a Permit on fly. Not my first Permit, but the first on fly. This was then followed by a beautiful Bonefish on fly using the same great crab pattern that Enrique provided and selected. A banner day overall which included a Jack, another Permit, and several other good shots, and my own blown opportunities. A better angler would surely have run the table. My second day we also had many good shots, I blew a few, but Bernardo got me onto the fish and I was able to land another nice Permit.

Enrique had remembered our last outing from 2 years ago. We laughed about it as we recounted a funny moment from that trip. We were at this one spot at the end of the second day, a small mangrove island with a channel on either side. It was basically my last shot at a fish that day and of course, in my own unique expertly poor fashion, I had blown my cast.

I had overshot the line right into a mangrove trees and thought, "There goes that opportunity. Time to pole in close to untangle the line and head home." Enrique sees that the fly is dangling straight down just into the water and says, "move the fly". I'm thinking, "huh? It's tangled?" But just then I see a Tarpon eyeing it, (I've learned to trust and listen to Enrique) so I move it. And "BAM!" The Tarpon takes the fly, feels the hook and rockets away while also miraculously, beautifully and cleanly clearing the line from the mangrove tree! A good size on fly, we were taking beautiful pics after about 20 minutes.

I guess what I'm saying is ... If you've ever struggled or felt the frustration of targeting/catching these highly coveted species on fly at other destinations, like Florida, the Bahamas, etc., then if you choose to go to Isla Blanca, you'll have a real good chance of boating them, especially with these guys.

CancunFlyFishing, Owner at Cancun Fly Fishing Light Tackle and Fly Fishing Charters., responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

We thank you for the great review. We try hard to provide the best service possible and Enrique and Bernardo are both outstanding guides that really give a great experience on the water.

We look forward to your return.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We took our 7 year old son with us and, he absolutely loved it. Not only did we catch some fish, we got to see some crocs! Jose was a great guide and was great with our son. The boats were very clean and very stable while standing up for casting.

It was a great value and we would definitely do this again as everyone enjoyed it so much!

CancunFlyFishing, Owner at Cancun Fly Fishing Light Tackle and Fly Fishing Charters., responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

We are happy to hear you and your son had a good time with us!
We look forward to hearing from you again in the future if you ever get back this way.

Travellers who viewed Cancun Fly Fishing Light Tackle and Fly Fishing Charters. also viewed

Been to Cancun Fly Fishing Light Tackle and Fly Fishing Charters.? Share your experiences!