“Beautiful Place”

Sonora Grill - La Isla Cancun
Ranked #262 of 1,415 Restaurants in Cancun
Price range: US$30 - US$40
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I visited during our vacation in Cancun. We wanted to venture outside and take a break from resort food. This place is located inside an outdoor shopping mall. The decor is gorgeous, with plants everywhere (tastefully) of course. Our servers Alex and Jesus were great servers. We don’t drink alcohol and they were very accommodating and made us the best mocktails. I had the virgin pina colada and my husband had some kind of passion fruit and cucumber drink that was also amazing. As far as the rest of the food the presentation was beautiful and there were various different salsas and salts (!) you could use on your food. The best part of our meal was the picanha we ordered that came on a sizzling lava rock! It tasted great and was cooked a perfect medium.

Overall the atmosphere is great, and very clean. The drinks and food were great. And the service was very good as well.

Would highly recommend this experience to anyone!

Date of visit: August 2021
Sonora Grill Group, Propietario at Sonora Grill - La Isla Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi! Thank you for sharing your best moments with us. Come back soon, we will be waiting for you with new surprises!

Write a reviewReviews (63)

Reviewed 11 August 2021 via mobile

You guys have to come here!! The service was outstanding. The food was also top of the line. The facility was impressive. They even have a kids club so they watch your kids. It is soooo pretty in here. You can taste the quality in everything they serve. I have to say that Miguel (I think he said he was a busboy) was ridiculously amazing and patient. Our server angel was also amazing with his suggestions.they both were very attentive. Miguel went above and beyond.
They being you 6 salsas to try…4 different salts for your meat. It was so fancy. I will come back here for sure next time. Also, the music was great!!

Date of visit: August 2021

Hello! We are very glad to know that was a great experience for you. Come back soon.

Reviewed 4 August 2021

This place was the best in the mall, service was great. Martin was our waiter and he was very helpful with the menu and even taught us some Spanish, professional guy. Enrique also helped us with all the different salsas from spicy to mild. Everyone thing was professional and environment was a vibe.

1  Thank elit909

Reviewed 22 July 2021

This restaurant is by far my favorite here in La Isla Hotel Zone, if not, in Cancun.

At first we thought that we were just so hungry on our first day in Cancun that regardless where and what we eat, it will always taste excellent. But we were wrong, Sonora Grill has the best food and service in Cancun.

Let me list all we've tried from their menu from Day 1 through Day 6 of our Cancun vacation. We ordered the following in no particular order --- crispy ribeye with guacamole, all their ensaladas, grilled octopus on cheese potato patty, blue softshell crab tacos, ribeye bone marrow tacos, Wellington burger (THE BEST burger I've tried and experienced), monkey fruit drink, ribeye bone marrow soup. Each of these dishes came with a surprise of different culinary grade presentation, taste and experience. (I have added photos of some of what we ordered)

About Sonora Grill service, IT IS EXCELLENT bar none!!! I normally get this type of service in fine dining restaurants in United States, but theirs went above and beyond my expectation. We dined here every single day of our trip and had different wonderful people serving our table with the same care and attention to details. They bring what we need to the table even before we ask for it like they can read our minds or they just know how to "read our table."

My wife and I are foodies and we have nothing bad to say to Sonora Grill in La Isla Cancun location. They are the best and we can say that if you cannot find any reason why to visit Cancun, well, Sonora Grill is worth coming to Cancun!

Kudos to the management and whole staff of Sonora Grill La Isla Cancun. Great job guys!!!

Date of visit: July 2021
1  Thank trixie131_262

We are very happy to read that your experience with us was very pleasant. Is a pleasure to know that our service and your experience with us was fantastic. Come back soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2021 via mobile

This restaurant bar is wonderful, the service , the food and the atmosphere are great and amazing . Notably , the waiter Esteban Hernandez made us feel home . He is very patient very knowledgeable and a very good person. What we like is the smoker section when me and my husband enjoyed our cigars. We really recommend this place in Cancun .

Date of visit: July 2021

We are very happy to read that your experience with us was very pleasant. We hope to see you soon.