“Go now before it catches on!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Secrets The Vine Cancun

Secrets The Vine Cancun
Ranked #4 of 181 Hotels in Cancun
Ho Ho Kus, New Jersey
“Go now before it catches on!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

Greeted out of our taxi with cold towels to cool us down. Bags taken by a doorman who welcomed us home and told us to start relaxing. We were not to worry about our bags or anything else for that matter. Entered up a beautiful staircase to an elegant lobby with a view of the ocean. Escorted to the concierge where we were greeted with two glasses of champagne. So far big WOW. Taken to the lounge area by a hospitality member where we were "introduced" to the resort and its amenities. (agreed to go to 90 minute presentation following day at 10am which we never did). This is was probably the only negative I can say about the trip. It felt a little pushy and presumptious and left us feeling uncomfortable. We were tired (flight had been delayed from JFK) and hungry and this took about half hour!
Escorted to the elevator and found our room on the 19th floor. Beautiful & modern with a rainfall shower and large balcony. Luggage arrived and gentleman showed us around the room. Mini fridge with soft drinks, beer and water. Coffee percolator. Iron, hair dryer, safe etc. Oh and the beds!! The BEST sleep I have ever had and I do not sleep ever through the night. I actually wrote to them to find out what type of mattress and pillows they use!
Very Happy!
The staff: EVERYONE was ALWAYS happy& pleasant, even the window washer greeted us with a good morning. The gentleman watering the plants rushed to move the hose out of my way, the buffet hostesses placed our napkins on our laps, the waiters were funny and entertaining if you engaged with them and left you alone if you didn't. Our waiter one morning at the "buffet" one morning plate to my table! I wish I remembered all of their names cos they were great!!
And then the Entertainment Staff: Winnie the Pooh, Alan and David were AMAZING! Thank you guys!They recognized everyone and knew almost everyone's names. They were there morning noon & night! All sorts of pool sports, dance lessons, beach sports, spanish lessons and then in the evening fabulous entertainment such as circus performers, duelling pianos, breakdancers, Elvis impersonators and so on. The evenings at the hotel end early but the hard working crew organizes trips to local hot spots and they go with you! just amazing. I have to say they probably made our stay so memorable.
Christian, the bartender at the Manatee Bar, made friends with my husband so the drinks kept flowing most days, Blanca and Marco were the servers by the pool and were so professional and always around when you needed them. Towel service was impeccable, if your towel was wet they gave you a new one. Helped you with the umbrellas and anything else you needed. They grilled by the pool at lunch time so yo could make your own tacos and fajitas! Amazing! Also the chefs did a daily presentation around noon each day of passed hors d'oeuvres. One day one of them even went fully clothed into the pool to serve the swimmers!
The pools are small and intimate. No in pool, swim up bar but we didn't mind cos the service was so good.
The restaurants were very nice except for the Blue Grill. This as probably just a personal taste issue though as they used smoke in alot of their dishes and my husband & I found it over powering. We LOVED the Italian restaurant and ate their twice, The Asian restaurant was great too, Olio was great but we felt the waiter was pushing for us to buy a bottle of wine (bottles are not included). Sea Salt and Sugar Reef were great for lunch. And of course the breakfast buffet was to die for. Including make your own mimosas and bloody marys!! There really was something for everyone.
The bars were on the quiet side but the bartenders were great. The piano bar is fabulous and a shame it wasn't busier, same with the sports bar, really great feel to it. The lobby bar was the only one we ever saw busy other than the pool bars of course, oh and there is a beach bar also!
Overall, we LOVED this place and the people (staff) made it all the more better. We would definitely recommend for a couples vacation but I don't think it will stay at this price. It has a high end boutique feel that is intimate and welcoming. Go now before it catches on! LOVE LOVE LOVE

13 Thank lillycheme

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,433)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

We've just returned from a 2 week stay in a preferred club room. We had a bargain package holiday that included the 'preferred' upgrade and after seeing the standard rooms I'm pleased we had the extra space, amenities and better view. If we were paying night rates and staying for a shorter period I really wouldn't bother though.

Every aspect of the holiday was amazing and in the most exceeded our expectations. The Food, service, everything was as close to perfection as one can expect.

There are very minor teething problems but I've read so many negative comments I feel I need to put the negatives into perspective!!

1] Our room didn't have a bottle opener, one was delivered within 10 mins of asking.
2] The TV remote stopped working, a new one was delivered within 15 mins of asking.
3] The black out curtain isn't big enough for the wider preferred club room window but it's nice to wake up to that beautiful view.
4] It can be noisy at night but most of this is down to mouthy guests with a lack of respect walking through the corridors.

Every member of staff we came into contact with couldn't do enough to please us. They work tirelessly.

All in all, we would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

23 Thank James C
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

I never write reviews, but this time I had to because this place is awesome. Yes it has its few things that are not perfect but what place is. Nothing in life is perfect but we should try to make the best of everything and we are the ones who can either have a great time or have a terrible time. I am a very impatient person and I am not complaining about this place. I dont care who I offend but those that wrote bad reviews or complained about the dumbest things get a life. geez liquour is not top notch , smells , not enoug entertainment, blah blah blah. Did you pay a lot of money not really . You want royalty treatment go to Buckingham Palace since you must be royalty. This place is new , it has its things to work out. I was able to see they tried there best to make everyone happy and accomadate everyones needs. good food , nice place. overall good job. I had a good time. The pools were nice , the room itself no complaints . They just need to work on the noise but I am sure they will. I will definetely return. And to the complainers , stop being so darn picky. Enjoy life its not perefect geez. GOOD JOB Secrets.....

15 Thank 987b
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2012

This is our second secrets resort and it was amazing!!!! The staff were great, hotel was beautiful, food was tasty, drinks was awesome, and the beach was nice! We celebrated my husbands birthday and they went out ouf their was to one to remember! Don't listen to negative reviews who look for one fork to be out of place at the dinner setting....vacations are what YOU make of them and of you want to be miserable than you will be!......keep in mind the jut opened so the are well on there way and open for feed back.

if i was one suggestion that would be for some night club action at night!!! some people dont want to go on the strip to go dancing so it would be nice to have the option at the hotel.

Room Tip: go for a suites .... worth the money!!!