Paradisus Cancun
Ranked #24 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 August 2017

On May 17, 2017 I took my two daughters on their first trip to a carribean island and we stayed at Pardisus Resorts in Cancun, MX. The first night we stayed, I woke up with 12 bites on my right side. I didn't notice until I got in the shower around 8am on May 18th that I felt my side itching and burning when the water hit it. When I got out the shower I was shock to see 12 large bed bug bite. Now you may ask, how did you know it was bed bugs? 1. I'm an RN so I see many bedbug bites on people and two I pulled back the mattress and found them scattering. I immediately packed our belongings and went to front desk. Unfortunately, staff was none caring stating the "rash" came from the algae in the ocean. I NEVER STEP FOOT ON THE BEACH I told them but they didn't seem to care and put us in another room. I ask if they could dry clean our clothes because some were on the bed and they said no, not without a fee. The service was horrible and I still today have the bed bug marks as a reminder of how nasty the hotel was. PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!! Though it looks beautiful, the hotel is not clean and customer service is horrible!!!! I will never stay at any of Grand Melia resorts (the mother company for Paradisus). You have been warned, please doe not stay here.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
11  Thank tempest s
Ricardo R, Gerente at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2017

Dear USer tempest:

Thank you for your comments. We regret that you have had some inconveniences during your stay with us. I want you to know that for our hotel the most important thing will always be our guests. That is why we put in practice an endless number of programs that guarantee the well-being of all those who are staying here.
Our hotel constantly implements fumigation programs to control the access of wildlife to the hotel, which you can imagine is a huge number because we are located in a region where the biodiversity is huge and we are exposed to encounters with a several number of animal species, in this case insects. Even with the huge fumigation work inside the hotel, a small insect can travel in the clothes or suitcase of any person, find some place to settle down and simply reproduce. Keeping these species aside is an important task for us, but there are circumstances that are not in our hands avoid completely.

We totally regret this inconvinience and hope to have the opportunity to be your host in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (9,714)

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Family vacation with our 2 kids, age 4 and 1. Loved the hotel, the attention and service to the customer, and the overall attitude by every single employee that we came in contact with. Truly and outstanding experience that exceeded our expectations. Our only issue was with the A/C not cooling enough, but am sure they will be addressing this as they are remodeling their rooms. The whole experience was so good that in retrospect, this is just a minor detail.
We will definitely go back. Even my older one was saying... "Daddy, we should come back here every year", and I think we will....

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
4  Thank jerry5072017

Dear jerry5072017

I would like to start by thanking you for the good comments you have made us through TA.
We are happy to have fulfilled our sole objective, your total satisfaction. We hope that in the future we will give you the opportunity to stay again. So that you return to live the great wonders and great things that we have for you.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any additional information on your next trip to Cancun.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

This hotel is awesome! Could not ask for better. Royal Service is a must, and a special thanks to Maria our butler who is now our friend. She made our trip experience the absolute best. Shout out to Jorge and Javier for taking care of us at LaPalapa and royal lounge. Ernesto sent us on great excursions that our family loved! Everyone was so kind and helpful and the hotel is beautiful. So clean!!! Thank you Paradisus and we will see you again soon.

Room Tip: Royal Service
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear Bballluke

For us your comments are great joy, through this platform, we can know that our team is on the right path in the pursuit of perfection.
That is why we thank you for the comments you have left us, I can assure you that we will share them with the rest of our team.
We hope that in the future we you will give us the opportunity to stay again so that you can enjoy once more the great wonders that we have for you.

Rciardo Reyna

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

This is an excellent all inclusive hotel for the family. Internal decoration is great with a lot of green. The pool is one of the best I have seen. They had very nice shows every night. All 8 restaurants are very good. Service is also outstanding. A special thanks for the maître on Italian/BBQ night by the pool. He and the team work in these dinners were fantastic.
We also loved the service at the Japanese restaurant (Bana). One tip: Lagoon view is as good as ocean view as you can see the par-3 golf course and the city center. Golf is free at hotel course, Just paying about $30 for rental clubs.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Valdir V

Appreciable Valdir

We are more than proud to have met your expectations. For us there is no greater reward than that of our good work.
I want to thank you on behalf of all who work here, for taking the time to share this grateful experience.
We hope that in the future we will have the opportunity to stay again so that you can enjoy the great wonders we have for you.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

I think the number one thing my husband and I could not get over was how hot it was everywhere in this hotel. I understand it's hot outside and they have all this foliage inside but we shouldn't be uncomfortably warm inside the restaurants and in our room. The food was okay. Some of it was really good and some of it was just okay. The rooms were not anything fancy and you can see the wear and tear throughout the hotel. For dinner, they said reserve the day before in the morning, but when I called they were already booked for most of the restaurants. If you go, make sure you just reserve all your dinners for the entire time you are there the first day you get there or you won't get in, and will be stuck doing the buffet or tacos again. The beach was beautiful. The swimming pools were incredibly hot as well. The staff were very nice. We tipped everyone because we could see how hard they worked. The entertainment was pretty good. They work their butts off. I wish there was a better space for them to do the shows because it was crowded and they were smashed into unconventional places to perform. Overall, we enjoyed ourselves. This was our honeymoon and they did do flowers and champagne and fruit the first day which was nice. Will not stay be staying at this hotel on our next trip.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Ricardo R, Gerente at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2017

Dear user mc20172017

Thanks for these comments. First of all I would like to offer you a sincere apology for the inconveniences you had during your stay.
For us there is no more important task than offer quality services, we regret that in this occasion we can not been able to meet all your expectations, however, I would like to tell you that our hotel is in a process of renovation that will bring benefits for all our guests very soon.
I also want you to know that these comments will be shared with all members of the different departments involved so that they can implement improvements in services and efficiency.
We hope that in the future we have the opportunity to prove that the benefits in our hotel are a reality and let us be your host hotel again, I can assure you that you will not regret it.