Paradisus Cancun
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
10,328 results
All reviewsmarket grillroyal servicemoleblue agavefamily conciergebali bedsavenue barnaos restaurantyhi spakids zonedinner reservationsmain pyramidpersonal butlerocean viewsushibutler servicetacos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 October 2017

We just got back from cancun and stayed 3 nights at paradisus cancun. I do not understand why they get good reviews from others, but my experience was horrible. Do not go there unless you want to ruin your vacation.

1. service
Person who checked us in was rude with rigid face, did not have any intention to help. She lied us they are out of bracelet pass(they give you a bracelet that can be used as pass to all the restaurant) when we asked to change it because there were ruff spot on metal part. She had bunch of bracelet right next to her.
After 30 min check in, a lady held us for another 30 min for timeshare presentation. We paid full price to book this resort. I did not expect that coming. After we said multiple times "no" she let us go, next morning she ignores me multiple times when we met in the lobby.
Asked for house keeping in the morning, they came 8pm after we called 3 more times.
They do not know what restaurant is open/close because it changes so much.
Kids club was good except they need to change their floor. My feet turned black after staying couple hours there.
So, we had so much issues, I decide to address this, all they did was saying "I am sorry" without eye contact.

2. property
No air-conditioning except rooms. Its true I felt like I am in sauna every night at restaurants. very limited restaurant. They rotate restaurants to close diff days, so we ended up eating lunch at the same place for 3 days. Servers they do not know about Menu so you need to keep track what is coming or not. Portion was very small but often times they eliminate couple orders themselves and then say "it was not in order." last night we stayed, I figured I should wrote down my own order and kept track if everything is there. Sure enough, they missed couple dishes, I showed my writing, only thing they do is "sorry" and move on.
Pool area was under construction.(Close to kids swimming pool). They sprayed paint around the pool while people are swimming right next to.

3. management
Best part was I felt like no one was listening. I addressed issues, but all they could do was saying " I am very sorry." It was less than two star hotel service.

I really hoping someone see this type of review serious and apply on their upcoming trip because they are overrated for sure as of now.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
8  Thank minjung16
Ricardo R, Gerente at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear user minjung16

Thank you for your comments. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with your recent accommodation with us. I can assure you that these comments will be shared with the managers of the different departments in order to implement improvements in all our services.
As you mentioned, our hotel has a lot of very positive comments and that is why we will put special attention in your comments, because for us the most important task will always be to offer quality in everything we do.
I invite you to follow closely all the improvements that our hotel is having and you can come back to enjoy the great wonders only the Mexican Caribbean can offer.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

My husband and I had a great week here. The food was good, the hotel was beautiful, just a little warm in the hotel. I don't think there was AC inside the building, except in our room. Overall, a beautiful paradise!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
Ricardo R, Director General at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear user jamesfE4253ZI

We thank you for sharing your last experience with us. We are sure that this will not be the only time we see ourselves in this wonderful place.
Please allow us to pamper you with the great wonders that only the Mexican Caribbean can offer you.
Do not hesitate to contact us for any additional information on your next trip to Cancun.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

This hotel was excellent! We went for a wedding and were not sure what to expect and it was awesome. The location is perfect because it has a huge beach and it right on the bus route to town ($1 each way) if you wanted to leave the hotel. The food at Tempo was an extra charge but it was the best tasting menu we have ever tried. The margaritas at Blue Agave were really good and the food at Vento (tapas style) was yummy. We stayed in the Royal Service 1 bedroom ocean view suite and it was amazing. 2 balconies, 2 bathrooms, room to hang with friends and family and we really like the Royal Service bar at the bottom of the pyramid and the extra restaurant for breakfast and lunch.

The Royal Service pool was nice and quiet and the service was excellent. The hotel carries a nice selection of high end alcohol so you can easily find something you like. The one downside to the resort is how long it is. We had some elderly people traveling with us for the wedding and it was hard for them to walk from one end to the other but most of the services and restaurants are right in the middle.

We will defiantly be returning to the hotel in the future!!

Room Tip: Royal Service is worth the extra money!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lauren L

Dear Lauren L

We are happy to have met your expectations. We know that our work is good when it is recognized in the way you have done it
For this and much more I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.
We hope that in the future you will give us the opportunity to re-acquaint you with the great things we have to offer.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any additional information on your next trip to Cancun.

Reviewed 1 October 2017

We enjoyed the hotel and all that it offered. Delicious food, entertainment, wonderful hard working staff. We never had a reason to leave the resort all was available to us. Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Susie C

Dear Susie C

I would like to begin by thanking you for the time you took in sharing your most recent experience at the Paradisus Cancun hotel.
We are happy to have been able to fill your holiday with good memories thanks to the good work of all our collaborators.
We hope that in the future we will have the opportunity to host you again so that you can relive the great wonders we have to offer.

Reviewed 30 September 2017

This was A honeymoon trip. Check-in was great, prompt and quickly given our room.
The room left much to be desired. The furniture was dated, and there were dirty curtains in the room and in the bathroom with stains that were so noticeable but have not been tended to. The mirrors in the bathroom and behind the door where rested and the paint falling off the door. The rails to the sliding doors how much accumulated grime dirt and dust which was hard to look at and shoukd be steam cleaned immediately.
The hotel grounds were neatly kept up every day, there was lots of foliage which made it look beautiful, but all over the hotel it was warm and humid as it is open and AC vents should be added and turned on in the hot weather to help with comfort level of guests especially in the indoor restaurant Bana. We sweated through our dinner that night.
The restaurant food was good. We did not get sick throughout our stay. On Wednesdays the buffet has seafood and the lobster was amazing. We tried all of them except two restaurants which were part of the Royal service side. Outside pool area bars and snack bar had a great service and staff was friendly. The Cocoa bar staff however ran things a bit differently, we were only given top shelf liquor which was on the shelf and clearly available if we bargained tips. This was odd because we were given the same type of drinks or liquor such as Hennessey at the pool bar and other bars around the hotel without a request for a tip before providing it.
The beach was amazing. This is the best area for water in all of Cancun, the hotel zone which ones all the way from down south beach palace to the top point- so any hotel in most of this area is great . Some seaweed in these months at different points in the hotel zone beach stretch doe to the tides and it being rain/urricane season but it was not much even on this trip.
Overall this hotel is noted it self to be a five star. It felt more like a 3.5 or four people, and the room felt like at three. We would recommend it for the beach and the staff, However comfort level and room we would not recommend. We do not see ourselves returning to this hotel, hopefully they update their rooms.

Room Tip: Our room was dated and curtains had stains that were clearly noticeable but not tended to. Mirrors in bathroom were rusted and the sliding door rails were filed with old dirt dust and grime which should be steam cleaned immediately. We were bummed because we had noted on our reservation that it was a honeymoon trip and we got a room immediately next to the elevator and not 5-star conditions. We could've called to complain and move , but I think the staff should've been more self aware to provide a more appropriately located room for peace and quiet and one that would've left the eye and guest happy rather than wishing for better. Perhaps a training in this area would be helpful- to help with awareness and accommodating skills.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank nunezeri
Ricardo R, Gerente at Paradisus Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear nunezeri user

Thank you for your comments. First of all I want to offer you a sincere apology for the inconveniences you had during your accommodation. For us it is very important to be able to offer quality accommodation and the best services and we are sorry that we could not comply with this. However I want to tell you that our hotel is undergoing a remodeling phase that will bring benefits in a short period of time.
That's why I want to invite you to come back with us in the future and see for yourself the great improvements in the service and the comforts that we offer day by day, I can assure you that your comments will be share with the managers to be able to continue improving day by day.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance or additional information on your next trip to Cancun.