“Awesome place!”
Review of Pancho's Backyard

Pancho's Backyard
Reserve with OpenTable
Pancho's Backyard is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 411 Restaurants in Cozumel
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Extraordinary Mexican food and awesome Margaritas are served graciously at the lush patio of one of Cozumel's most beautiful colonial buildings, amidst splashing fountains and tasteful decor. When you visit Pancho's Backyard don't forget to bring your camera! Live Marimba music during lunch.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had no plans when our Carnival ship ported at Cozumel. Panchos is right in the port area and it looked like a good choice after we had returned from seeing Mayan ruins. It was delish!!! Very clean, the outdoor seating was relaxing, service was great and the food was awesome!! The green enchiladas were amazing. The boys loved their cheese quesadillas. Dessert was amazing- hubby got the coffee flan and I had the fluffy margarita pie. The pie was to die for and light and fluffy. Boys had ice cream served with cookie wafers.
If you are wondering if you should eat here- do it!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,421)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Although there were thousands of people around due to the cruise ships, we got seated quickly and just under the patio overhang. A wonderful place by the water to eat lunch and enjoy some live Mexican music.

The wait team was on their game and delivered the food quickly. It was very good food, hot, and well served. I would eat here again!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It’s okay, the view is awesome and felt very safe since it’s within the confines of the port area (some parts of Cozumel looked a little sketchy. Seeing the Iguana walk through was a treat.

Seriously though, the food is only marginal. I’ve had much better Mexican food in Arizona. I had the fish (Mahi Mahi) and you can tell from the photo it looked like (and tasted like) it came from a frozen patty.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I absolutely loved this place. The salsa was awesome and the service was attentive! I would definitely return the next time I'm in Cozumel!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The service here was fantastic! Our waiter was very attentive and checked on us frequently. The food, was wow! I have never had such great guacamole or pico! I had Chicken Fajitas and the rest of the group did a combo platter! We all loved it! Everything was so fresh! And we loved the atmosphere!