“Excellent dive center -- great crew on well-equipped boats”

Studio Blue Dive Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Dive and Snorkeling Tours every day, PADI and SSI Instructors, mayor brands on dive equipment available for sale Scuba Pro, Tusa, US Divers, Trident. Specialized in personalized attention small group of divers, visiting Palancar,Colombia,Punta Sur, Santa Rosa. Authorized Dive Operator for Parque Nacional Arrecifes de Cozumel
Reviewed 5 January 2018

Manuel, the owner, has always taken good care of me at Studio Blue... If I need something he doesn't carry, he tells me where to get it. His boats, Studio Blue I and II, depart from the new harbor, Fonatur, and this year, as often, I was very happy to be diving with Studio Blue. On January 2, the winds were quite high (12 gusting to 20 knots), and the harbormaster closed the harbor to small boats. But Studio Blue's boats were big enough to be allowed out, and we had two great dives while many other divers were back at their hotels cursing the weather. Divemasters this trip were Omar and Carlos, and both were friendly and very helpful to less experienced divers aboard. Dove with 3-5 divers, depending on the day, which I like a lot better than I get in some other operations. The boat is big enough that you can stow your gear without getting it mixed up with everyone else's (I bring my own), and they're always eager to set things up for you, but let you do it yourself if you prefer. I've had great experiences diving with them. Although I've earlier used many other Cozumel dive operations, I now go straight to Manuel as soon as I arrive, to book a week of diving.

Studio Blue C, Director General at Studio Blue Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Dear Erick,
Thank you for comming back to dive with us once more. I will pass your comments to all our staff, this time we had a little problem with the weather conditions, thanks God I am reading that you had a good time.
Trough the year Cozumel has its own changes underwater like strong currents going everywhere, diferent water temperatures, visibility, Etc. As a consecuence the crew has to be aware of this yearly changes, and work accordingly.
Hope to see you again in the future. Gracias.

Saludos :)

All reviews
"problems equalizing"
in 2 reviews
"took care of our every need"
"large boat"
in 12 reviews
"surface"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 5 January 2018

The staff and equipment was excellent, the reef offers great diving opportunities. Manuel's Studio Blus Dive Center is the most experienced (since 1990) and probably the best. managedndive center in Cozume. l cam definitely recommend this dive center for all divers - beginners and advanced divers.
Heiko (Mainz, Germany)

1  Thank Werner H

My dear friend,
thanks for visiting us in Cozumel, we were very happy with your stay with Studio Blue, all crew members remember how nice you are, hoppefully you will have the opportunity to come back to dive in this warm, nice, and clear Mexican Caribbean water. Gracias.

Saludos :)

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Omar and crew were really patient and helpful. Even after I decided diving was not for me, Omar guided my husband and 12 year old son on a safe and enjoyable trip down under while I snorkeled on top. I always felt that we were in good hands and never felt unsafe. Thanks so much for such a great experience!

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Had my first scoop experience with Studio Blue Dive Center. Overall it was an excellent experience as a beginner. My instructor/Dive master was Omar who guided myself, my wife, and my daughter through the basics of scuba. Overall it consisted of one instructional dive in the water shallow enough where you could stand up, followed by two deeper dives where you immediately put all your knowledge into practice. Omar was an outstanding guide and instructor. He kept his divers/students informed of the dive sites and what to expect. Throughout he was totally mindful of everyone underwater, providing guidance/instruction throughout each dive and emphasizing safety. He also pointed out various sea life.

I would use Studio Blue again and certainly would ask for Omar as a dive instructor and/or dive master. I recommend Discover Scuba through Studio Blue to others.

Studio Blue C, Director General at Studio Blue Dive Center, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Dear Paul,
It is very good to read that you had a great diving experience with Studio Blue, your comments give us more energy to keep working as a team such away that you can have a pleasent experience starting with filling out your diving aplication till you go underwater and go back home.
Thanks God all the stars joined together for you to have an excellent diving experience.

FELIZ AÑO NUEVO, GRACIAS