33 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$314
TravelocityUS$314
Destinia.comUS$314
Orbitz.comUS$314
4,886 results
All reviews resort credit loft suite chef's dinner vacation planners romantic dinner italian restaurant jose luis outdoor grill hammock on the balcony sandy areas entertainment staff swim with the dolphins playa del carmen spa services scuba diving chankanaab park lobby bar
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2022

I have had to move my trip around a few times to accommodate family schedules, so have booked and canceled a few times before, enough to better understand Palace's poor cancelation policies and procedures.

Whether I am being fair or not in rating a "1" I will let the readers determine and simply state what happened.  It is possible that I am being too harsh about their unwillingness to refund more than 2 of the 5 days of my family's travel.

Two of the four members of my family began having head cold symptoms two days before our scheduled vacation at Palace Cozumel. We got home COVID tests the next day, the day before our planned stay and the ones with symptoms were COVID positive. Though the symptoms were very mild, it is clear that it would be unfair to others for us to go, so I called to cancel. Because it was the day before travel, the hotel agreed to refund only 2/5 of our five-day stay, which was related to their five-day cancelation rules. I think it was unfair not to refund more; I would have been happy with being penalized for one of the five days (or even receiving resort credit), but under the circumstances, I think too much of the burden of cancelation was placed on my family. All of us have been vaccinated three times. By not traveling, we were trying to protect other guests and Palace employees, not ourselves. Consider also that we are "Elite Members" (paid extra for discounted future visits) and previously loyal customers--this would have been our fourth trip to a palace resort.

Also disappointing was the cumbersome procedure. I spoke with Patty E. about canceling, who was perfectly polite. After learning that I was getting a too meager refund, she told that I had to fill out a form to request a refund. As mentioned above, I have canceled twice before because of changing family schedules. Each prior time, I receive a different response. Once I had to "apply" for my refund and the other time the agent handled this for me.

I told Patty that another agent had handled the cancelation for me, but she said that this was impossible. Ug. explained that she could not refund my card because she could only see the last four digits. Good! Even so, there should be a way to credit someone without requesting them to send all credit card information non-securely to a foreign country.

I asked Patty to send the form not only to the email on file, but to a different one for my convenience. She said she coud not do this. Strangely, another agent, Raphael, in exactly the same circumstanes a few weeks prior, was happy to help. Applying for a refund cost me another 20 minutes of my time.

Date of stay: January 2022
1  Thank Thomas S
Alan Guzmán, Propietario at Cozumel Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2022

Dear Thomas.
First, on behalf of the management and staff of Cozumel Palace, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for creating for you the wrong impression of us during your reservation process. At the same time, I thank you for bringing your detailed observations to my attention.
I can assure you, however, that as you are reading this, they are studying the anomalies of your review so as we can operate in the future just as we always have in the past, with the elegance, tact, and superb efficiency that we are renowned for.
Thank you again for sharing with us your valuable insights, and I hope you give us the opportunity to change your perception.

Reviewed 30 December 2021

We are annual or semi-annual visitors and only come back to Cozumel Palace even though there are many choices through Palace Resorts. All the rooms have ocean views so there are no bad rooms. We really enjoyed all the restaurants but especially the Agra Indian Restaurant. The staff in all the restaurants do such a great job. I would like to have management tell the customers that tips are welcomed. The waitresses and waiters have to really work hard serving everyone and tips are the way we typically reward great individual service. The restaurant managers Selene, Evert, Jesus, Gabriel, Juan, Luis Angel and Johnny do a great job making sure everything runs so smoothly. Abraham, Isaias and Pascual do the heavy lifting as the bell men out front and are so friendly. The front desk staff of Manuela, Ana, Zhayra, Julio, Joel and Jailene get everyone to their rooms.They are completely bilingual. Nina and Dora are always ready to help. The restaurant managers Selene, Evert, Jesus, Gabriel, Juan, Luis Angel and Johnny do a great job making sure everything runs so smoothly. The restaurant hostesses Lulu, Sarahy, Martha and Berenece keep everything moving and greet everyone with a smile. The waitresses and waiters are excellent and work hard. Rocio, Emanuel, Herri, Lourdes, Fili, Lalo, Enrique, Marco, Carlos, Moses, Russel, Karina, Erika, Eddy, Jossie and Kathia have been great for us. Carmen and Melani in the Bugambilias Restaurant makes the best fresh tortillas and toppings. Maria at the breakfast grill is without equal. I have not met many of the chefs but Aldo who works during the lunch hour and Luis who works at Bugambilias make some wonderful food. The lunch chefs at the outside grill are in constant motion and it gets hot out there. All the chefs deserve to be recognized. The bar tenders are amazing. Juan (Juanito), Reyes, Jose Cme, Rodrigo, Christian, Raul and Enrique. Nelson, Darwin and Vincente make it easy to book diving and snorkeling trips. David keeps everyone happy around the pool. The entertainment staff (Rodrigo, Abi, Leslie, Charlie, Luis, David, Eli, Irene and Moses) make the afternoons and evenings fun for everyone. Rodrigo does a great job being a personal trainer in the gym for anyone who wants to get a really good workout. Aqua Safari provides great diving and snorkeling services. They pick up and drop off at the dock located at the resort.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank John T
Alan Guzmán, Propietario at Cozumel Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2021

Dear John.
Your wonderful review reflects beautifully the teamwork that we promote within the resort. The result of all the behind-the-scenes coordination are some truly pampered vacations for you and all of our valued guests.
Thank you for reserving with us at Cozumel Palace. The honor was ours to cater to your every need, and we look forward to providing you with more incredible vacation experiences in the future.
Until next time.

Reviewed 25 December 2021 via mobile

ALL the staff was great! It is an amazing service culture that has been created at the resort. We have travelled all around the world and the staff is the best. Special acknowledgement to Raphael our vacation planner, Bugambilias dinner staff (Moises, Gabriel & team), Turquesa dinner staff (Eddie & team), Maria was awesome on the omelette station at breakfast, and Jorge provided great service on the south beach. The food was mostly good and the drinks were excellent. We enjoyed the nightly entertainment and sitting out enjoying the stars.

The snorkeling on the property was very good. There were some good reef structures in close, but not so much healthy reef away from the petrified reef in close. The highlight was no doubt the tons of underwater wildlife. The entry stairs and ramps made getting in and out the water safe and easy. There were lifeguards between 9:30-5pm. We brought our own gear, but the property provided gear including life vests. The reef on the property provided an amazing diversity of underwater life (squid, scorpionfish, large parrotfish, butterfly fish, stingray, octopus, etc). We saw something new every time we went out snorkeling. We did take the 3 reef boat snorkel with Explora. The staff was good, but the water was a little rough and the reef was a little to deep for our liking. We did take a taxi to the Money Bar Beach Club. The snorkeling there was amazing.

The staff took the Covid protocols serious. The staff wore masks all the time and they kindly intervened when clients weren’t following the Covid protocol. The Covid testing required by the US government was conducted on site in a private room.

We loved the whole vibe in Cozumel (friendly people) and the Cozumel Palace. We will be back!

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Voyage42317729253
Alan Guzmán, Propietario at Cozumel Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2021

Dear Jlp.
It is an honor that you choose Cozumel Palace.
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us, We are very happy to know that we were able to exceed your high expectations and that you were especially pleased with our excellent service provided by our professional team.
We hope to see you again in the future for another magical getaway!

Reviewed 21 December 2021 via mobile

Several staff members deserve a shout out for being amazing!!! Josie, Emmanuel, Erika, Jorge, Gimer, Lourdes, Vanessa! A+++ staff. Smiles, kind, attentive- wonderful.
Overall- building is old but rooms are nice. We had mezzanine suite and it was perfect for 3 people. Would be hard to fit anymore than that. Pool service was amazing. Asian food was great but the wait was 2-3 hours from start to finish. Mexican restaurant was pretty good and not near as long of a wait.
If you’re a palace member- this resort does NOT care about that. Nothing special for those who have invested $30k plus to be a “family” member. Outside of the staff that I mentioned- no one cares. Management shrugged their shoulders when we asked questions or had concerns. I’ve sent emails- no one replies. So word to the wise- don’t become a member!!!!! Save yourself the headache and the pain of knowing you’ve made an investment in a company that does not care or thank you.
There are way better resorts in Cozumel. I’d pass on this one

Room tip: Avoid the Asian restaurant unless you don’t mind your whole evening being spent sitting at a table with empty glasses and no food
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank 358caram
Alan Guzmán, Propietario at Cozumel Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2021

Dear Cara.
First, on behalf of the management and staff of Cozumel Palace, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for creating for you the wrong impression of us during your short stay. At the same time, I thank you for bringing your detailed observations to my attention.
I can assure you, however, that as you are reading this, each manager and supervisor of the hotel is studying the detailed anomalies of your review so as we can operate in the future just as we always have in the past, with the elegance, tact, and superb efficiency that we are renowned for.
Thank you again for sharing with us your valuable insights, and I hope you give us the oportunity to change your perception in a future stay.

Reviewed 19 December 2021

The greatest staff out of all Palace Resorts. Cozumel staff treats you like family. Food was amazing. One of their oldest facility but still in great shape. Small and quaint resort with ample activities.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alan Guzmán, Propietario at Cozumel Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2021

Dear Bg.
Thank you for choosing Cozumel Palace
Bg, we feel glad that you share your positive experience with us, We are very happy to know that we were able to exceed your high expectations and that you were especially pleased with our excellent service provided by our professional team.
We hope to see you again in the future for another magical getaway!