“Do NOT miss this!!!!”

Temazcal Cenote Experience
Ranked #3 of 29 Spas & Wellness in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: X'kanha Not only a place but an encounter with oneself. X'kanha Not only an experience but an opening of the heart. X'kanha Not only an adventure but a journey into the soul. Each of our practices has been thought and created to guide YOU towards these three purposes. All of them are taken from ancestral traditions, mostly from Mexico, but we also study, practice and offer wellness techniques from different parts of the world. We invite you to surround yourself with the beauty of nature and let your soul be pampered by reconnecting and bonding into one with mother earth.
Twin Lakes, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Do NOT miss this!!!!”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This was by far one of the highest points of our trip. Our temazcal guide, Petrus was amazing. He explained everything to us once we arrived on site, and educated us about the culture and history of it all. He is very knowledgeable, and an enlightened being. Before entering the bath, we had a fire ceremony honoring the 4 directions and the 4 elements. I was familiar with this, as it is common in Native American cultures also. After spending what seemed like minutes (but was actually more than an hour!) we emerged, feeling renewed and invigorated. We then took a refreshing plunge in a cenote right there on the property. It was a enlightening and healing activity. I would certainly do it again. Having Petrus lead me through my first temazcal was certainly beneficial. I don't know that I would have felt as comfortable with someone else. Thank you so much Petrus!

Visited February 2012
3 Thank net_mavin

Lafayette, IN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“What an awesome experience!”
Reviewed 17 February 2012

My husband and I wanted to do something different this time in Cozumel. Well, this was it and we are so glad that we chose to spend the day at the Mayan Lodge. Petrus was an excellent guide! We met seven other travelers there and though we were all strangers, after going through this ceremony, we left as brothers/sisters of this place. How enlightening and refreshing! Thanks, Petrus! We are keeping the fire alive!!

Visited February 2012
2 Thank whatatrip08
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Amazing Experience!!! If you go to Cozumel you have to go to this Mayan Steam Lodge, you just HAVE TO! The entire experience is amazing, the staff is friendly, attentive, they listen to your questions and concerns. The steam logde itself is full of positive enegry and you leave feeling good about yourself.

Also, the location is incredible, all the nature, the plants, the lodge, and specially the Cenote where you jump at the end of all.

1 Thank Lisette D
Malmo, Sweden
“An unforgettable experience”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I was so excited when I found the Mayan Steam Lodge, while looking for activities on Cozumel. Me and my mother were on the Mayan Riviera for a 2 week holiday and I wanted to treat her with something different, original and authentic. We got it, thanks to Petrus and his engagement and passion.

This is no spa. No treatment or massage. This is an inner and outer journey that you will never forget. Today, back in my own hectiv life in Sweden, I go back to the darkness, warmth and complete calm and safety of the Temascal in Cozumel and I relax a little. Knowing that there is a bigger world, both on the outside and on the inside.

Thank you Petrus, for taking so good care of us. For bringing us back in time to when we were little girls and forward to the time when it's time to sit and gaze at the sunset and look back at our lives and say "wow! did I do all that? Did I meet all those people? See all those places? I have lived a rich and full life". Thanks to you and your colleague, another rich experience was added to our lives. I hope everyone visiting Cozumel will find you, and get a new, amazing memory.

Lisa & Yvonne
Sweden

Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A MUST Experience”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

What to go off the beaten path? Go to the Mayan Sweat Lodge. What a great experience. All of your senses are engaged. After about an hour in the steam box the leap into the cenote is absolutely refreshing. It was a little intimidating at first but Petrus is a great guide and has a personality that is absolutely soothing. Thank you Petrus for the memorable experience.

1 Thank Robyn J