US$314
US$282
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Beds Friends Hostel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$43
US$27
Hostelworld.com
  • Restaurant
US$343
Hotels.com
Villas Las Anclas(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$54
  • Pool
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$69/night.

US$306
US$240
Priceline
US$270
US$201
Priceline
Coral Reef Inn(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$55
Baldwin's Guest House Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$78
TripAdvisor
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
US$564
US$495
All reviewsla perlitarental carclose to the airportreal cozumelboutique hoteltaco standroom hotelgarlic shrimpking roomhome away from homelobster dinnerwonderful staysmall poolthe entire stafffishjoliedan
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This place frequently gets 5 stars. My estimate is between 4-5 stars.
Note: This is not a typical hotel. It is small (4-5 rooms) and run by a very friendly Canadian expat who knows EVERYTHING about Cozumel. The atmosphere is like crashing at a good friend's house for a few days. If you are expecting 5 star as in Shangri-La then this might be a disappointment. It is definitely a 5 star in terms of experience and fun.
Location: It is literally in front of the airport (just walk). Do not let the airport or surroundings put you off. The airport is quiet (more like a landing strip) and the area is not really touristy but still safe and the people are friendly. The hotel is far (~13 blocks) from the ocean and beach, so you will need to rent a car (there is a car rental place next door, Dan knows the best rates of course). There are also some local convenience stores around that sell cheap beer (cheaper than water)!
The hotel: See my photos. The rooms are nicely decorated and clean. The rooms surround a very small pool and deck ... there is also a sign saying "clothing optional" at the pool but I was not sure if it was a joke or official hotel policy ... official policy would definitely have earned 5 stars!
Eating: Be sure to have Daniel cook for you ... best Mexican food ever! Also, about 4 blocks South is a restaurant called La Perlita ... also the best Mexican food ever!!!

Room Tip: Be sure to have Daniel cook for you!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank zackbot
Reviewed 14 March 2013

After 2 nights in Cancun Casita de Maya was an oasis of serenity. Dan greeted us at the gate and magically produced an ice cold cerveza. He then took us on a walking tour of the neighborhood. He showed us the local beer store and a couple local grocery stores. Over the cold beers he check our itinerary and made a few suggestions, Places to eat, stores to check out. All of them were out of the tourist area and where the locals would be expected to shop or eat. We checked into a few and found him to be 100% on the mark. Dan knows that island and his suggestions are spot on. The Hotel was everything I expected from a trip advisor #1 site and even more. The rooms were perfect with little touches of local color and hand made artisan touches. The center court was at times lively, entertaining or perfect for a quiet read. The fellow guests were charming and the time spent with them in the courtyard became a highlight of the trip along with the snorkeling and beach trips. Daniel was an absolute gem. No evening was complete without his stunning cooking and his "dos? or two? drinks".
Having spent 2 nights in Cancun and 7 nights in Playa car at an all inclusive I have to say that my time at the Casita de Maya was my favorite part of the 2 week trip and I will most definitely be going back.
That little hotel delivered more than any all inclusive ever has and Dan and Daniel are the heart and soul of that wonderful hidden treasure. You have to give this place a try...

Room Tip: I stayed in both the regular queen and deluxe queen. I loved them both. Nice big rooms and large walk in showers. Solid air conditioning and ceiling fans. It was 28 deg Celsius outside but the rooms were cool and comfortable. The water was also the cleanest and nicest smelling of my whole trip in mexico and we stayed at the Hyatt Regency and The Reef Playacar. Oh and I gave them a fitness center rating because we walked everywhere. They are on the back side of town and it was about a half hour to the tourist strip if you go straight there (which we never could)
Reviewed 11 March 2013

We spent a whole week at Casita de Maya last month. It was a wonderful relaxing vacation. Daniel and Dan
have got a real good thing going on here, and it shows. Daniel is a wonderful person that can cook up a fantastic
meal for you at a moments notice. Or, just some Chips Guacamole and Salsa in your own beautiful cortyard. Dan (the GM) can get you started on how to visit, and tour the Island, make suggestions for restaurants and just general information. The maid Jolie kept our room spotless and organized. Casita is a great base to explore Cozumel. We loved
to be away from all the Touristy places, and experience the true feel of Mexico. For us, that was just what we needed.
We will be sure to visit again next time!!...

Room Tip: All rooms are good as it is a small hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank david g
Reviewed 6 March 2013

First impression of this tiny (only four rooms!) boutique hotel was great. Our room, the Wind Deluxe Queen was beautiful. The maid, Julie, deserves major props. She is a perfectionist and excellent at her job. She cleaned and straightened things that I have never had organized in all of my many, many hotel stays. She even wound up the cord to my straightening iron! She also did her work at times that were convenient for us and it was never an intrusion.

One thing to be aware of is that the rooms are very open and don’t have solid windows/doors (they’re wooden shutters without glass). It is easy to hear what is going on in the courtyard from your bedroom and people can easily overhear your conversations while you’re in your room, even when your window and door shutters are closed. If there had been any honeymooning couples while we were there, I bet we would’ve heard them! ;-)

After reading all the rave reviews of Daniel’s food here on TripAdvisor, we had him make us several meals. Although the food was fine (though the beans with our Jeuvos Rancheros were very burnt and tasted like burned coals), it really wasn’t worth the exorbitant price. We were traveling on a budget and really should have known better than to have meals at the hotel with no menu and no prices present. The bill at the end was positively shocking (about twice what we’d paid for multi-course meals complete with margaritas and pina coladas in restaurants) for the VERY simple food and ONE glass of wine (no other alcohol) we had. For dinner, I had grilled chicken breast (fine, but no flavor), rice and carrots and some green vegetable that I couldn’t identify. My dining companion had shrimps in sauce with rice and the same vegetables. And we also had buttered, grilled bread and one glass of red wine. We had three breakfasts at the hotel—the previously mentioned jeuvos rancheros and then pancakes with a little bacon and cantelope on the side and the final breakfast was scrambled eggs mixed with chorizo sausage and fruit on the side.

None of the food was bad, it was just bland, and, as I said, about twice what we’d paid for other meals in good restaurants in Cozumel.

The pool wasn’t heated and the temps were a bit chilly while we were there so we never actually saw anyone enter the pool while we were there.

The bed was hard. Really, really hard. We still slept pretty well (being tired from scuba diving every day), but that mattress was stiff.

Taking a cab ride everywhere is annoying so we walked some. Walking to the central square took us about 45 minutes (we were walking at a leisurely pace and taking photos) from the hotel.

The fees at the airport ATM’s are exorbitant and vary widely from one ATM to the next. One ATM charged us 96.6 pesos (about $7.58) as a fee to get cash out (this is in addition to the fees your bank may charge), another ATM at the airport charged 66.6 pesos (about $5.25).

Dan and Daniel are both very nice people and happy to help with restaurant recommendations, calling you a cab (one cabbie told us it’s an extra 10 pesos to come to your location when called), or anything else you might need.

Oh, and they have beach towels! We went without towels while scuba diving for several days because we wanted the white towels in the room to be for showering, and then Daniel asked us if we needed beach towels and lo and behold they have plenty of old towels to loan you for a day at the beach or diving or whatever. So don’t hesitate to ask!

All in all, it was a perfectly pleasant stay, but next time I’m in Cozumel, I’ll choose somewhere closer to the ocean and the central square.

3  Thank claired13
Dan_Kom, General Manager at Casita de Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

We at Casita de Maya do thank you for submitting your review and comments about our facility. We also appreciate all the feedback from our valued customers, in order for us to greatly improve and enhance our future guests overall stay and experience. We at Casita de Maya are very cognizant to our client’s overall needs and comfort. This in part, we will surely recognize and solidify our goal to make everyone’s stay with us a memorable experience.

I have read your review, (plus the numerous others for Hotels on your profile) and truly understand that travelling on a fixed budget can make a lot of things on vacation seem rather “Exorbitant”. From the extra dollar charged to summon a Taxi from our lobby, to the normal ATM Fees associated with the Mexican Banking System, and other US Foreign Bank Transaction fees. Unfortunately, I along with everyone else here, I have to pay those exact same Bank ATM and Taxi fees. We at Casita de Maya have absolutely no control of 3rd party fees or surcharges.

Thank you for your comments about our Cuisine that Daniel prepares for us. I do understand perfectly that everyone will not truly enjoy our food selection from time to time. The same sentiment for the most part, will now and then enter many establishments domain that serve meals around the World. We will however, surely strive to ensure a finer Cuisine product in the future. Thus, complete Menu’s have been added. We hope that our more positive comments for our meal options from our Guests will overshadow the not so. Our meal prices are very competitive from other Hotels Room Service. Our room side Breakfasts normally cost $5.50US with Complimentary Coffee, Tea, and Purified Water. Lunch and Dinner will run around 8-12US per order. We are truly sorry that you felt shocked by the price. I have read our Hotel Guest book also, and noticed you entered nothing but positive words and praise about our food and service.

In Mexico, beds are always sold on the hard side, and Pools are normally not heated due to heating costs. I am fully aware of this, being from north of the border myself. I personally buy Mattress Pads from the USA, to better serve our clients comfort. It was my pleasure meeting you.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Dan Komorosky
Casita de Maya Hotel

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Hola all, arrived here to paradise yesterday after flying all night from Seattle.Breezed right through customs and was off to my home away from home Casita de Maya. Greeted with a beer and a water and immediately jumped into the pool.Oh that felt so good.Threw our stuff into the room and off to Playa Azul Beach. Couple of margaritas,some guacamole and man I really felt like I am on vacation now.Back to the Casita de Maya to relax after the all night trip as we were pretty tired by now.Something new at the Casita now is the incredible food they now have to offer.Daniel cooked us some of the best food I have had and eating it outdoors in the courtyard is as romantic as it gets.Like I said the food was spectacular.Off to my Casita for a great night of sleep. I will try to update daily so if you have any questions I will try to answer.Adios Amigos

Room Tip: The king room is awesome because you have your own outdoor palapa. All the rooms are comfortable inside just depends on how many and what kind of bed you like.
1  Thank rksimmseattle