The Explorean Cozumel(Cozumel)
Hotels.com
Playa Azul(Cozumel)
US$175
US$155
Beds Friends Hostel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$28
  • Restaurant
Villas Las Anclas(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$60
  • Pool
US$332
Coral Reef Inn(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$55
Baldwin's Guest House Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$78
TripAdvisor
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
US$425
All reviewsla perlitarental carclose to the airportboutique hotelroom hotelgarlic shrimptaco standking roomwonderful stayour home away from homesmall poolfishjoliedanislandmexicopesos
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Dan treats you like family. the staff is excellent, rooms kept spotless.Daneal cooks a great Breakfast. He even got money exchanged for us a couple of times. Dan walked us down to see the local stores. Where else do u get service like this? Stayed 9 days in March. Really best experence at a hotel we ever had! Really hate to tell how great this place is, want to stay there again next year. OH well , Dan just leave us a room for next March!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marklee1957
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We recently stayed at Casita De Maya, it was a wonderful time with an amazing group of people, Daniel and Dan made us feel right at home and Daniel's cooking was un toppable, there isn't anything better then the cooking and meals we received while there. Everyone there was willing to help and make sure we had the best time. We will for sure be back!!!

Thanks again to all..

Room Tip: All of the rooms are wonderful, clean and right next to the pool
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I spent a week at this wonderful little oasis in February 2012, a little leery of visiting Mexico on my own as a single woman. But I quickly made some very special friends and had such a wonderful time I actually cried when it was time to leave. The hospitality and warmth of everyone at Casita de Maya is beyond compare. The rooms are all lovely, well cared for, and the atmosphere is a slice of paradise. I felt very comfortable and safe throughout my visit to Cozumel. So this year I just had to return - and decided to bring a few friends and family along for the fun. We occupied three of the four rooms through the second week of March and we all had the time of our lives. For me, it felt like coming home to visit old friends and for those who accompanied me, they feel as though they have made new ones.

Their new staff member Daniel is such a wonderful addition, very attentive and a terrific cook. A menu is now provided from which you can choose meals for breakfast or dinner that he will prepare for you, as well as some great margaritas. The prices were quite reasonable and listed on the menu. He even took a scooter trip into town one day to exchange some money for us when we ran low on pesos! Daniel, you rock!!!

I look forward to my next trip, hopefully in the not too distant future, and to experiencing the new additions on the second floor - new rooms and a roof top bar. But most of all, I look forward to another visit with my friends. Dan, Daniel, Wilbur, Jolie, and others briefly met - you all have a little piece of my heart :) Hasta pronto!

Room Tip: It's all good!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This place frequently gets 5 stars. My estimate is between 4-5 stars.
Note: This is not a typical hotel. It is small (4-5 rooms) and run by a very friendly Canadian expat who knows EVERYTHING about Cozumel. The atmosphere is like crashing at a good friend's house for a few days. If you are expecting 5 star as in Shangri-La then this might be a disappointment. It is definitely a 5 star in terms of experience and fun.
Location: It is literally in front of the airport (just walk). Do not let the airport or surroundings put you off. The airport is quiet (more like a landing strip) and the area is not really touristy but still safe and the people are friendly. The hotel is far (~13 blocks) from the ocean and beach, so you will need to rent a car (there is a car rental place next door, Dan knows the best rates of course). There are also some local convenience stores around that sell cheap beer (cheaper than water)!
The hotel: See my photos. The rooms are nicely decorated and clean. The rooms surround a very small pool and deck ... there is also a sign saying "clothing optional" at the pool but I was not sure if it was a joke or official hotel policy ... official policy would definitely have earned 5 stars!
Eating: Be sure to have Daniel cook for you ... best Mexican food ever! Also, about 4 blocks South is a restaurant called La Perlita ... also the best Mexican food ever!!!

Room Tip: Be sure to have Daniel cook for you!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank zackbot
Reviewed 14 March 2013

After 2 nights in Cancun Casita de Maya was an oasis of serenity. Dan greeted us at the gate and magically produced an ice cold cerveza. He then took us on a walking tour of the neighborhood. He showed us the local beer store and a couple local grocery stores. Over the cold beers he check our itinerary and made a few suggestions, Places to eat, stores to check out. All of them were out of the tourist area and where the locals would be expected to shop or eat. We checked into a few and found him to be 100% on the mark. Dan knows that island and his suggestions are spot on. The Hotel was everything I expected from a trip advisor #1 site and even more. The rooms were perfect with little touches of local color and hand made artisan touches. The center court was at times lively, entertaining or perfect for a quiet read. The fellow guests were charming and the time spent with them in the courtyard became a highlight of the trip along with the snorkeling and beach trips. Daniel was an absolute gem. No evening was complete without his stunning cooking and his "dos? or two? drinks".
Having spent 2 nights in Cancun and 7 nights in Playa car at an all inclusive I have to say that my time at the Casita de Maya was my favorite part of the 2 week trip and I will most definitely be going back.
That little hotel delivered more than any all inclusive ever has and Dan and Daniel are the heart and soul of that wonderful hidden treasure. You have to give this place a try...

Room Tip: I stayed in both the regular queen and deluxe queen. I loved them both. Nice big rooms and large walk in showers. Solid air conditioning and ceiling fans. It was 28 deg Celsius outside but the rooms were cool and comfortable. The water was also the cleanest and nicest smelling of my whole trip in mexico and we stayed at the Hyatt Regency and The Reef Playacar. Oh and I gave them a fitness center rating because we walked everywhere. They are on the back side of town and it was about a half hour to the tourist strip if you go straight there (which we never could)
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple