“Good service, mediocre fare”
Review of Amigos

Amigos
Ranked #34 of 258 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

I ordered seafood and rice and was I got was a bland, yellow-coloured rice with pieces of chewy squid and tiny shrimps (the type you buy at the grocery store frozen). Probably the most mediocre plate I've had in a restaurant in some time. On the bright side, service was fast and courteous.

Beware that they add a 4% surcharge if you pay by credit card.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Chilaquiles Rojas con pollo, Quintanaroense, we usually have most of breakfasts here, but have also had lunch and dinner. Always excellent. Great service, friendly staff. We have been coming since it opened...

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

This a grilled white fish with encrusted garlic sauce. Served with rice and the vegetable of the day. They also serve a great margarita Salem and served over ice.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I thougt it is already common sense to serve main course at one time when you are two people. Looks like its not.
My wife ordered white fish, i ordered pizza. My pizza came 15minutes after they served a fish for my wife
It was like semi finished product from the fridge.one of the worst pizza ever.
Also be aware if you pay by credit card, they will add on top 4% extra to your bill.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

If you have to eat near this area of Hidalgo, the Middle Eastern restaurant next door looked pretty tasty.

Seriously, the food here was not a wonderful bargain. So we expected more. What we got were fish tacos. Just pieces of fish in a tortilla. No lettuce, no greens of any kind, no onions, no avocado. Let me tell you, the fish here is mot goid enough on its own to be served without accompaniment. That was hubby's meal.

I ordered chicken nachos. How can these get screwed up in Mexico? The chicken was actually juicy and tasty, but left in large hunks, which is not right for nachos, IMO. And where were the jalapenos?

Skip this place. Lots better places to eat. Go to one of them.