“Good view to checkout some of the island.”

BoBo's Fish & Chips
Ranked #39 of 214 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Bobo's is famous for it local caught Fish & Chips, but the half pound, hand made Bobo Burger is the favourite of the locals, and followed closely by the "Crunchy Chicken" burger. Texans put chedder cheese on their beer battered "El Sol" fish burgers. Kids love Bobo's tortilla crusted chicken breast fingers, Yummy! Keeping in beach shape, then you might like a house made Caesar Salad with grilled chichen breast or grilled local caught fish. The French Canadians approve and testify about the correctness and high quality of the Poutine. Bobo himself eats five pounds a week of the crispy wings. The place is hip, comfortable and clean. Take-out or eat in. Clean!
Reviewed 10 August 2017

I was really looking forward to this place because I love fish and chips. Unfortunately mine was overdone. My friend's came out the same way so maybe it was just an off night. Don't know that I'll go back to try it again though. I really don't like writing bad reviews but money is money. Don't want you to waste yours.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

Have heard so much about BoBos that we finally tried them last night. We sat upstairs which had a nice breeze for August downtown. The waiter was very friendly and attentive. We ordered three fish and chips and one hamburger plate. Both plates came with a lot of fries that none of us could finish. The fish had three nice size pieces, red cole slaw and tarter sauce. The hamburger came with lettuce, tomato and onion as requested. The food was good. We hear there salads are also good and we may try those on another visit.

1  Thank MommaDe070714
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

The owner or management was right I did make a mistake it was there Friday night two for one fish tacos that smelled like a rotten tooth , the first two I had were not bad but that last taco , the first bite and I had to spit it out , I may be a lot of things but I'm not a liar , but the fries were good and so was that coke that's about as fair as I can get , don't sit upstairs it's brutal hot even at night , and if you get a smoker in the bar there's nothing they or you can do about it oh and I once had a good burger but again smokers , mosquitoes and brutally hot atmosphere

Bc9732, Owner at BoBo's Fish & Chips, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thanks for your review, sorry you didn't enjoy 1/4 of your meal. As a rule, when people are eating in the bar there is no smoking and that rule is enforced, especially on nights when we have 2X1, food promotions.
We are very sensitive to any issues, and if you would have made your request known, we would have done our best to fix it. As you see from 9/10 of our reviews our fish is normally as good as you can find on the island.
I have read through your other reviews, and after the way you have also spoken about our neighbors, at Olivia's we are ok with you not visiting our bar again, as we enjoy serving great food, and craft cocktails with people looking to have a good time.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Cute little place that serves inexpensive, yummy fish & chips +. The night we visited, they played some old school funk and served tasty, creative cocktails. We played cards and had a lot of fun. Servers were really nice and chatted us up for a while. Nothing fancy -- just good food, good times.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Wow, well we had a little of everything off the menu and it was all very good. Service was great and the upstairs seating is very cozy. Highly recommend their crispy chicken the tortilla breeding is unique and very good.