“The Best Place Ever”
Review of Club Playa Mexico

Club Playa Mexico
Ranked #12 of 14 Nightlife in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed 17 June 2015

We visited Icebar a few days ago with family friends of mine..The Place absolutly Fantastic...We paid 25$USD each person for entrance the Icebar and been included 1shot and any choice of a cocktail or beer..and the buffet food what was brilliant as well...First we was think about it for sure gonna be a low category drinks but been very very good cocktail think one of the best on Isla Mujeres..and nice food...Came with us our friend son and they have nice small jackets to put on childs..BEEN BIG FUN FOR US...Inside nice music the staff been fantastic with us really friendly helpful..I think noone gonna think can get a fantastic experience like this...Yes Totally made of Ice everything Inside..The best thing when we started to freez our self we could get in out how many time we wanted..We been on Beach layed down on sunbeds..I Think it been one of the best spent 15$USD on the Isla..GOOD LUCK GUYS

Steve

2  Thank Steve J
IceBarMX, Owner at Club Playa Mexico, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2016

hi... really appreciate that good answer, means a lot to us.
yes ICEBAR is the coolest place in ISLA MUJERES!!!
its at today, so far, 150 tones of sculpted ice!!!!
As well at our beach club you can enjoy of a white sandy beach in a clear transparent water!!!
definitely a family venue as a unique experience
hope to see you soon
kind regards
Ana Navarro/ John Thomas Richie

Reviewed 25 February 2014

My husband and I had our wedding at Club Playa last week and it was absolutely amazing!!! The owner/manager, Jose Luis Coral was so easy to work with and so accommodating. We communicated via email leading up to the wedding and his responses were quick and helpful. He basically planned our entire wedding for us. His staff made all the food, provided the alcohol, hired a guitar player, helped us find a boat, provided the the decor and set it all up, he truly did it all!

This location is truly a hidden gem. We chartered a boat for all our guests to the club and they were all in awe of it, they said it felt like we were on our own private island. I knew I did not want the wedding at the hotel we stayed at because I wanted something different and unique and Club Playa Mexico was everything I dreamed of.

I can't say enough about Jose and Club Playa Mexico, he made my wedding the most care-free, best day of my life :)

hi there, sorry for our delete answer. i am very please that we made it!!!
we had as well such a great time with you guys.
hoping we see you soon here
Ana Navarro John Thomas Richie

Reviewed 12 November 2012

they could keep it cleaner. driving past it looks like a dump.
the view from the beach is great.
When they clean up the mess and this looks better i will take new pictures.

1  Thank Bear00786
Reviewed 14 June 2012

We visited Isla Mujeres again this May and in one years time the place has changed management and taken a turn for the worse. It has apparently gone from being a nice beach club to a place for a boat load of day trippers on a booze cruise from Cancun. We showed up right after the catamaran had left and it was like they rolled the sidewalks up. We were still able to get a beer at the bar but we were the only ones there.

2  Thank beentravelin2
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 June 2011

We would have never found this place if it weren't for the free shots of tequilla coupons we received when we rented a golf cart. Free shots are always good so we decided to swing by. I'm so glad we did. This is a lazy little beach bar that just opened recently. We had our free shots and several more. The bartenders were friendly and quick with the drinks. There is a large volleyball court, several hammocks strung between palms and a dock used by divers. The bathrooms have been recently renovated. We didn't try the food having just eaten at El Pueblito, but I have read good things about it. We met the owners and chatted about them living their ex-pat dreams. Very welcoming people.

On the same property is a small palapa hut with beautifully handcrafted jewelery. Not your average trinket stuff. The owner is a certified gemologist. Very nice work!

Loved it here and would highly recommend it. We'll definitely return here.

5  Thank beentravelin2