Cabanas Maria Del Mar(Isla Mujeres)
US$83
Agoda.com
US$195
Azul Maya(Isla Mujeres)
US$92
Casa Alkimia(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$115
Casa Cural(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Breakfast included
Balu Hotel & Hostel(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$57
  • Breakfast included
Francis Arlene Hotel(Isla Mujeres)
US$63
US$61
Travelocity
Casa Bonita and Villas(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$110
Agoda.com
  • Pool
2,733 results
All reviewskings bathacross the bridgewooden bridgegolf cartmain buildingtropical fishshallow watercevichecrashing wavesstar resortbuffet restaurantgreat snorkelingocean sidewalk into townbeautiful waterswim up baran umbrella
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed a couple times it's our favorite so far..booked with expedia and got free honeymoon suite upgrade free we loved it..Our housekeeper Marlene Lopez did very good cleaning..Nicolas Tamay always gives us the best service he's so friendly and is fast to help us..we couldn't say that about the others..Thank you!We will see you again!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Melissa G
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

When planning our trip to Isla Mujeres Mexico, we did a lot of research to find the best All Inclusive we could. Mia Reed did not disappoint!

Room

The term “Oceanview” does not do our room justice! Our room was right above water, and we fell asleep to the sound of crashing waves every night. It was heavenly! The decor was colorful, modern and fun! The cleaning staff was friendly and always did a great job of making-up our rooms and refilling our fridge with water, beer, and snacks (all included!)

Beach

The Mia Reef Beach had plenty of chairs and a few covered cabanas. (You have to get to the beach early to get a cabana.) Our waiter, Gustavo, did a wonderful job of keeping the drinks flowing and anticipating when we were ready for more. He was very friendly and we so greatly appreciate all the hard work he did to make our beach time enjoyable.

King’s Pool

My favorite part of the whole resort is a secluded lagoon called King’s Pool. It is absolutely stunning. I made sure to spend some time there everyday.

Bar

All of the bartenders were great, but Edgar particularly stands. He makes a mean margarita! I was pleased with how strong the drinks were- nothing seemed watered down!

We have been to a few all-inclusive resorts in our travels, and this one had the best food by far! Fresh guacamole and ceviche at every turn and Brian had a grill going daily that served fantastic steak and chicken. The food was very high quality for an all-inclusive! Roberto, a manager, always walked around and was very involved in making sure things ran smoothly.

Entertainment

My absolute favorite staff member was Alexcx in Entertainment. He was so friendly and fun and was always trying to get everyone involved and dancing. I’m convinced that he has the best dance moves on the whole island!

Another notable part of entertainment was the Caribbean Night. The dancers amazed me with their talent!

Time-Share

While staying at Mia we were asked to sit in on a timeshare presentation by Alvardo. He was very polite and professional. Guillermo took us to breakfast and did the actual presentation. He was enjoyable company and was very respectful of our time. We declined to do the timeshare, but he remained friendly and didn’t hassle us. Since we sat in for the presentation, we were given a free sunset cruise for two (worth $150) with no stings attached.

Sunset Cruise

This turned out the be one of the highlights of our stay. It took place on a catamaran boat and was laid back and chill. The waiter and bartender from Mia, Gabriel, and he was a great host! He kept the drinks flowing and offered to take pictures.

Overall we enjoyed our time at Mia Reef. We hope to return someday. The staff there is top notch! I tried to remember everyone who made our trip so enjoyable, but I know I must have forgotten some names.

4  Thank Ashley G
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Mia Reef from March 17-28. We arrived in the morning and although we weren’t able to get an early check in, we were able to receive our wrist bands and hang out on the beach and use all the amenities until our room was ready.
We stayed in a Villa overlooking the Kings Pool and I enjoyed my morning coffee every day watching the waves crash into the reef. Our bed and pillows were comfortable and our A/C worked great. As many of the other reviews stated, there isn’t a lot of storage space but we managed. Our shower was HUGE! The sink area was small so we ended up placing toiletries on the mini fridge. Our mini fridge was filled the first few days and then it stopped, yes we left a tip everyday in the fridge which still was taken. My husband spoke to Javier and he ensured our fridge was completely stocked for the rest of our trip.
The beach was beautiful and never that busy. We could find a lounger at any time of the day, no towel games here. When we walked across to Playa Norte it was wall to wall people.
The staff at the beach are amazing, we love you Abe! Abe was our favourite server and we ended up following him to wherever he was serving that day. I can’t say enough good things about him. We would cool off in the water and come back to full drinks, he brought the most delicious fish tacos from the ceviche hut and would personally make our drinks for us. He was friendly, personable, funny and we were sad to leave him behind. On our last day, as we were hauling our luggage to checkout, he found us and thanked us for staying and gave us a hug. I hope to see him on our next trip.
We ate at the buffet and never lacked choices. It is a buffet and the hotel is not huge so accordingly the buffet is not huge but, it certainly met our needs.
We enjoyed the entertainment, Baby Jesus and Alex work long days and do a great job of bringing people together. In the evening we sat at the bar several times and we loved Edgar. A little boy was standing on the bar stool and wanted ice cream. Edgar came around with a cup, brought over a stool and helped this little 3 or 4 year old get his ice cream. He was quick with the drinks and quick with his smiles.
The staff truly make this resort feel special! These people work hard for their tips and we believe deserve every dollar or peso we gave them.
We had a few minor issues that were rectified immediately. On our first full day, our coffee maker was broken, a quick chat with the maid solved that. Our door wouldn’t lock properly, security came with a guy to fix it within 10 minutes. The un-restocked mini fridge issue resolved. We believe that problems can and do arise but, we have to give the option for them to be fixed. How can you fix what you don’t know about.
One of our favourite days was cruising around on bikes with Cultura Cruisers, check them out on Facebook! Our group, my husband and I and 4 other ladies, rode around the colonias for 4 hours with our wonderful guide Liliana and ate at various places, including a home that served us delicious homemade Flan. This is a trip that shouldn’t be missed. Eat Like Locals is there motto and eat we did, so much that our group opted out of our last stop because we just couldn’t eat another bite.
Would we go back? Most definitely! If you are lucky enough to see Abe, tell him hello from Chris and Suzette from Canada!

4  Thank Suzette D
Reviewed 30 March 2018

A bunch of random thoughts about Mia. We booked our transportation to Mia via Expedia and we were extremely happy with the travel arrangements after we landed. All aspects from a van to ferry travel to the taxi directly to Mia both ways was provided for around $180 for two people and we couldn't have been happier with it. The only real issue that I had with Mia was that there was only 2 English speaking TV channels (no news or sports??) That being the case the hotel and grounds were beautiful and seemed small enough that we didn't feel overwhelmed by people yet large enough to be able to move around, Our rooms were clean (not overly big) the beds were very comfortable. I thought the food was good with a wide range of offerings including BBQ steak twice during our stay. We especially loved eggs made to order for breakfast. The alcohol was pretty close to top shelf in my world and can be had by request. Strangely we hardly spend any time at the pool which really couldn't hold a candle to the beach with the unreal white sand (cool to the feet). The water was as clear and beautiful as it can get with the ability to get snorkel gear with your ID or passport held until you bring the gear back. We went into Isla to walk around and shop and we felt very safe and not bothered very much by vendors. It's a very unique and beautiful town with a lot to offer food and site wise.. From the airport we probably arrived at Mia within an hour and a half and that was way less labor intensive then we believed it would be. We didn't run into one single Mia employee who was anything less the smiley and professional (special shout out to the best waiter in the world Abe) very hardworking and will never say no to any request, that's service. Also to our favorite bartenders Edgar and Saul you guys were great. We always base our review on whether we would come back to Mia and that's a resounding yes. We absolutely loved it and it was well worth what we considered to be economy dollars spent for a 3 to 4 star location. last thought when going down be sure to bring lots of $5 and $1's for tipping. These people work hard for you and they deserve to be rewarded for there hard work.

Room Tip: We were in a standard room with no view. We were offered the same room with a view of the Oceanside for $20 a night extra.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Joe W
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

The location of the hotel is spectacular!! The beach is gorgeous. The sunrise and sunsets are beautiful. For the most part we received spectacular service. Gabriel and Kathia were over the top helpful and went above and beyond to wish me a happy birthday. I appreciated the personalized service. The servers were extremely friendly and catered to our needs. Abe, Miller, and Javier (who I think is a manager) were great. There is a restaurant, Maria’s I think, for which you have to make a reservation- do it! The food is delicious. Try the huarache and the shrimp dish! We were able to see two of the theme nights and they were fun. Alex was so funny. The fact that I can name employs shows you how hard they work to make your stay one of a kind.

I do have one HUGE complain. Cinthia, from concierge was the most unpleasant person I have ever encountered in customer service. I show up excited, in awe of this place (I let her know)and she responded with, “are you ready or not.” I let that slide. She’s then explaining about the hotel and restaurants (which seemed like she did not want to do) and I tried to ask her a question. She immediately cut me off and said, clearly annoyed, “I’ll get there in a moment.” She didn’t make us feel welcomed. After this we had about 3 more interactions with her and they were also unpleasant. I have never taken the time to complain about someone specifically, but I also have never been treated so poorly by someone. I really hope management reads this and does something about her communication and customer service skills.

4  Thank Travelerintraining16