“Not the Same”

Pizza Rock
Ranked #119 of 258 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 2 June 2018

We were so looking forward to the pizza we've had here in the past. Very thin crust. It was not to be. Went with friends and ordered a Mexican which we love. While the ingredients were fresh and tasty the crust was thicker and more frozen cardboard type. It was disappointing since we only had 4 nights and heard about other amazing pizza places. Don't know if this place has changed hands or what. The service was good.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

All 9 of our friends were eating at a next door restaurant, one of my friends and I decided we wanted pizza so we decided to walk around and look for pizza by the slice. It turned out there was an empty Italian restaurant across from where we were, and a very busy one to our left, so we decided to go to the busy one thinking they were busy for a reason (good food). We ended up ordering a large half pepperoni half Mexican. The waiter walked up to us as we were looking at the menus and said it would only be about 15 minutes. We told him our friends were eating next door and were towards the end of their meal. 30 minutes went buy and still no pizza. We left the other restaurant and checked In on our pizza and still no pizza. I asked if they forgot and hadn’t made it to cancel the order, just because if it was in the making I would hate the server to get charged for it.. who knows how that works. Anyway we waited an extra 20 minutes and when we went in to pay the lady tried to charge me an extra 20 pesos, which is no big deal, but I had already been lied to over and over about the pizza coming out soon and the pizza being in the oven that by the time I had to pay I was pissed. Anyway the lady took my money and then was scrambling for change. They didn’t care we were pissed, they didn’t even apologize. After not being able to find change she gave me my bill back and we walked away. The pizza was a flat bread & sucked lol we were jut happy to eat something because we were drunk.

Reviewed 23 February 2018

Pizza Rock is a nice little place, for well prepared and crispy pizza. They also have a wide menu, but i preferred the pizza, went for pizza, and got some of the best I have had so far at Isla Mujeres.
Never ate there, but got the menu, and got to choose the pizza i wanted, to take away.
It was absolutely worth the value. Take away, or eat in. I recommend this place, at all times, also because the other food looked pretty good, and made me even more hungry.

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

We had the medeteranian hawaiaiian lobster squid pizza and the signature pizza the rock great place ate on the street

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

This pizza was the most disgusting meal of my life. They used salsa for the sauce and the crust was like a rock. Inedible. My 2 year old daughter wouldn't even eat it.
Additionally, the bathrooms were disgusting. To get go to the bathroom you had to walk down a dark alley in through a cage escorted by some old guy. It was quite scary.
And the service… Was horrible. It took over an hour to get a pizza. Don't go here! Run to any other restaurants in the area