Cabanas Maria Del Mar(Isla Mujeres)
US$83
Agoda.com
Azul Maya(Isla Mujeres)
US$93
US$195
Casa Cural(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Breakfast included
Casa Alkimia(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$115
Francis Arlene Hotel(Isla Mujeres)
US$63
US$61
Travelocity
Balu Hotel & Hostel(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$47
  • Breakfast included
Casa Bonita and Villas(Isla Mujeres)(Great Value!)
US$110
Agoda.com
  • Pool
All reviewsgolf cartdoor separatingbirthday weekendtourist zonethe hotel managerocean soundsplaya nortepeso cab rideprivate patioliving roomnice breezeexplore the islandyogamoicancunknobprivacy
Reviewed 24 October 2006

We booked Casa Ixchel for our honeymoon, with the sole expectation of ocean-front serenity. Our reserved suite ("Love") was beautiful, but was in ear shot of some new construction going on in the neighborhood. Sensitive to our expectations, Oscar, the wonderful desk manager, volunteered a larger suite at no additional charge - it was a lovely two-room suite that we enjoyed tremendously. Oscar's natural hospitality complimented the "no stress zone" feel of the casa.

The rooms are relaxing and extremely clean; most have wonderful views of the ocean (a dramatic rock beach is just steps beyond the soothing swimming pool and provides hypnotic relaxation). The rooms' giant baths, cozy robes and numerous lounging areas (hammocks, chaises, etc.) outside made it pleasant to just hang out all day.

The casa's restaurant was not operating while we were there, but a dozen excellent restaurants in the city center were just a minute away. Getting a taxi takes only seconds.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank LeslieandDolan
Reviewed 17 October 2006

I have been coming to Mexico for many years now and have been attracted to this little piece of Paradise enough to purchase property on the Island. For the last 2 years we have been staying at Casa Ixchel and could not be more satisfied with the beautiful artistic concepts that invite peace, harmony, and serenity (as they have named certain rooms). The staff which includes Oscar, the manager and the everyday assistants on duty are the most congenial people you will ever meet. In the event your arrival may not be between their normal working hours they will make sure that your arrival will be hassle free. The rooms with the ambient lights, comfy beds /linens and furnishings make you feel like you are being spoiled. Arrangements for a melting massage (the best I've ever had) can be made in advance with Oscar... and is well worth it.

After staying at many of the local hotels and casas, this is the one I would recommend to stay if you really want to experience the Island flavors. If you're looking for relaxation and the natural beauty of this Island I highly recommend this hotelito.

Stayed: October 2006
7  Thank CUSSOM
Reviewed 8 October 2006

This is my second stay at Casa Ixchel this year and I really love this property.

Right now I'm standing in the bedroom of Abundance (a fully furnished apartment with a king bedroom and a queen murphy bed and also bunk beds) with the two people who are renting it. They are building a home next door. My room with my boyfriend is in Grace 1, a fully furnished upstairs apartment with a separate queen bedroom, HUGE bathtub. Also a friend of mine is staying in Harmony, a fantastic regular suite with the best view of all the regular suites.

Our experience so far has been excellent. Grace is just as beautiful as when we last stayed here. Harmony has a view that can only be dreamed about. You wake up in bed and your straight ahead view is the ocean. This hotel is right on the Caribbean Sea. The view from the huge tub\shower is the same: an unobstructed view of the sea.

The manager has changed since we were last here. His name is Oscar and has only been working here a few days we think. He has been very gracious and has offered us help with golf cart rental. Yeah its easy to get one here but how many places deliver? We're not staying in town so it should cost us $6 round trip taxi to get a cart but instead it will come to us - that's really nice! Also the guys renting Abundance needed help with their computer and Oscar had a guy come out to help and didn't charge them. He has given us information on places to visit and has also offered the use of bicycles and snorkel equipment for free.

Best of all, our friend arrived with no reservations and she was on a budget. She was worried that she would have to stay in a different hotel. She didn' t have a lot to spend and she didn't know if any rooms were available. Fortunately it's low season and Oscar helped to work with her budget to work out a price and length of stay that matched her needs. To be able to stay here with our friend has made all the difference.

We have stayed at other places on the island: D'Gomar, Playa la Medialuna, and seen rooms at countless places (most will show their accomodations without a credit card). My boyfriend and I really prefer this place to the others.

The last time we stayed here (April - May 2006) we did have some reservation and credit card drama but I am confident that it was a one time situation and will not occur again. I'm sure we'll be staying here next time.

The hotel is small and each room is a bit different. You can book online but maybe it's better to call the hotel directly because the online reservations go through a different company. It's not necessarily a problem but it's an option if you don't have a credit card or can't make advance reservations. Each room we've seen or stayed in has been beautiful. We've viewed all except Peace and Serenity. Most have gigantic tubs with a couple of exceptions which have showers. All but 1 have a mini fridge and they all have super quiet air conditioners. The water is safe to use for washing, cooking, and brushing your teeth. The pool is clean and the deck is private. This hotel is right on the sea and you can snorkel out front but make sure you have booties because the shore is rocky and you can't walk out in fins. Make sure to arrive between 9-5 or call ahead to make other reservations, there is not 24 hour desk service. This hotel is not the place for a person that needs 24 hour service. This is a quiet place to pamper yourself and relax.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9  Thank mmcgoug
Reviewed 14 August 2006

My new husband and I wrapped up our 2 week wedding-moon by staying at Casa Ixchel(July 29-30th). Let me first say, this was a beautifully located small boutique hotel with extremely pleasant views and small details. The rooms were all clean and VERY cold! They had small kitchenettes (we never got to use), but were fully stocked in case we decided to make our own meals. The bathtubs were very big (enough room for 2)! We stayed in the ever-so-romantic 'LOVE' suite where the bed was comfortable and soft with high thread-count white linens. We noticed that every inch of available space they had done something with. Now, let me also add..if you and/or your partner is over 140 lbs and 5'7", this may not be the room for you. There are however other larger rooms to accomidate a 6'2" man. Also, to rent this room you must be VERY comfortable with your roomate (ie: no door on bathroom). My poor husband and I were enjoying every moment until the last when we both came down with some tummy troubles, and in the middle of the night he is knocking down all the sheers trying to get off the suspended bed and to the toilet 3 feet away :(

And as for the kids, We didn't remember the website stating there were no kids allowed, however it didn't seem to market to familes with small children either. The day before we left a large family of 6-7 kids ranging from about 6yrs-13yrs showed up. We stayed out until after they were asleep and hadn't had any contach with them, until then next morning. At about 8am after our bout with the bathroom, there were 3 kids playing loudly in the Chakra pool right outside our room. Later when we walked out to go enjoy our last few hrs at the pool, the kids had taken on of the deck beds apart and pitched a TENT on top of the mattress. This did not help for our Zen. I spoke with management about the issue and they said that it was a last minute favor for the owner's friends and that this would not be typical.

Overall, I would recomend Casa Ixchel, and we will return, however we will be sure to book a larger room.

7  Thank hausbich