“Bertha’s is a must must do”

Bertha's Restaurant & Mixology Bar
Ranked #39 of 253 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Bertha’s is located on Hidalgo street, the main drag through downtown Isla. The food and service are outstanding. Absolutely one of my favorite places in Isla. Great Mexican food. Authentic and lovely presentations. Berthas is always on our list when we are in Isla!!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We stopped at Bertha's while walking down Hidalgo and decided to have dinner. I wouldn't normally think of having Tomato soup but my brother-in-law ordered it, and it was fantastic! We all enjoyed our meal and the staff was fabulous as well.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

I rely heavily on reviews when traveling, and this time they let me down. Was going to go to dinner at Rooster based on rating, but saw on TA they are only open for breakfast and lunch. So, we decided on Bertha’s, which also had good reviews. Walked by a boarded up building that said ‘Rooster’ on the way to Bertha’s, then by chance ran across a building with both names a bit further down Hidalgo. According to a local, the original location was great, but it’s gone downhill. Too bad I didn’t know in advance. Service was great, but food was terrible. Would recommend almost anywhere but here!

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped for food and drinks here and had a blast!! Manager was friendly, staff was hilarious, and food was amazing!!! Definitely worth stopping!!
Did I say the waiter's and food were awesome?!?

1  Thank kent d
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Shorty and Gersson were VERY hospitable ,went out of their way to make our dinners fantastic and enjoyable!We went there 3 nights , The Octopus was cooked to perfection. My husband and friends went barracuda fishing , dropped off the freshly c.aught fish , they marrinated it and had it ready for us to eat later that evening, with beautiful grilled vegetables , perfectly browned potatoes and delicious rice , there was 10 of us , and had the inside of the restaurant to ourselves , the chef came out to explain how he prepared our fish !
The best spicy margarita s too, made fresh , no mix ! We LOVE everything about Bertha's the people and the food ! My 19 year olds also loved Shorty , he was a big part of our Isla experience! Fantastic staff!