Caribe Hotel(Merida)
US$229
US$96
US$89
US$30
Hotel Hacienda Inn(Merida)(Great Value!)
US$33
US$32
Hotel Maria Jose(Merida)(Great Value!)
US$34
Akasha Hostel(Merida)(Great Value!)
US$22
  • Breakfast included
Aries y Libra(Merida)(Great Value!)
US$19
US$38
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 October 2016

The reception staff has good english and very good tips, they are always helpful, e.g. during parking. parking area is secure, and requires a walk to behind the corner from the hotel. They have nice common area. Location is also good-short walk to the city centre. Beakfast is good, filling, but the same every day. toast with butter and jam, fresh fruitss (papaya, watermelon, banana), coffee or tea, eggs with ham or alla mexicana with not spicy peppers. should be accompanied by toast, but sometimes you just wait for ages, so you eat the eggs without it, it is a served breakfast. That brings me to a bit negative impression - breakfast staff is extremely slow and with no english, do not expect to get your breakfast at 8, when the breakfasts officially start, that is still time of preparations. The navigation to the hotel is a little wrong -it is a bit further on that street. (if I remember well, the building number was wrong on booking.com) no sign though... wifi only works in the common areas and it is very slow. They have no lift and very narrow staircase which could be problem with heavy luggage. Last but not least, they could provide a city map, but they don't, so bring your own. However, I would recommend this place to stay in Merida :)

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2016

he water was sometimes turned off and rooms could use towel racks. But these are minor quibbles for such a friendly, well kept and located hotel.
I loved staying at Casa Temazcal. In fact, I wound up staying 2 extra nights. I could have stayed elsewhere but the staff, especially the front desk guys, Enrique, Xavier and Carlos, made my stay extra special. They are so personable, so knowledgeable and helpful, and just all around great guys

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2016

When we arrived we discovered that there is no pool or spa as advertised. They tried to say the credit card machine is broken and they can only take cash. We told them we are going to stay somewhere else and we left. Then they charged our credit card a no show fee of $400 pesos! Disgraceful!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank elisse37
Reviewed 17 March 2016

I booked ahead of time a room at this hotel without reading the reviews. I was in Cancun on my way to Merida and needed room in 2 days time. Didnt bother to read reviews but the price was excellent, prime location, pictures looked good, WIFI, Breakfast and parking all included. Payment was supposed to be done at the hotel. Even better!
Booked and received confirmation from booking.com. All set.

When I arrived at the hotel I am told my booking was cancelled due to technical issues with the AC unit and they dont have another room but they booked me to another hotel around the corner, same class, same price.
The lady at the front desk was nice, the hotel looked nice and quiet, excellent location, literally steps to the main square. Not happy but i had to play along, it was getting late and I was tired.
So I went to the other hotel...... bad, bad, bad. No breakfast, rude and non English speaking staff and the last but the least,..the price of the room was almost double of what I paid.

I came back the next morning for the breakfast, yes, they finally offered and there were 2 ladies going through the same thing i went through a night before. their room was cancelled and they were being offered rooms some place else.
Therefore...be aware, that might be happening to you too. They advertise cheap accommodation but they will not offer it to you. Be careful.

I was told a night before the breakfast starts at 7 am, wanted a head start and I was at the hotel at 7:30. I had to wait because the breakfast actually was due for 8:00 am. Only one cook for about 12 people in the small room waiting for the breakfast.

Poor breakfast, jam, butter and toast and a little fruit. I was brought a mug of coffee with cream without even being asked. I dont drink coffee, never did, i had to wait 10 minutes for tea. When my breakfast and my tea was done and i was getting off to leave the lady comes and ask in Spanish (no English) how do I want the egg? Are you serious? Now, after 15 minutes and when I was just about to leave? I said no thanks....and so should you to this hotel!

Walk away, there are better places!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Aqua_Uomo
Reviewed 8 January 2016 via mobile

This place is very different as shown in booking.com. The photos are extremely well taken and do not correspond with the reality. This is a hostel type of accommodation nothing more.
Arrival is great with their free pick off service, entering the hall still gives an okey feeling... Its than that they made us pay our five nights (+85 euro/pn). Soon after
this you enter your room which is small and smelly because of the humidity and mold (see picture). The room door is thin and was broken and hardly closable because of the lock.

They "complied" with everything to be a 4 star, which in fact should be a 2 star. There is a minibar in the room, only empty.

They offer room service for drinks for which you have to walk down to the reception and you will discover that they do not have any beverages. In fact in our case they went to buy it.

The pool is not a pool, its more like an old jacuzzi without bubbles.

The spa is not a spa its a stinky cave.

Overall we slept one night at the place and decided to cancel the remaining 4 nights. We mentioned this already the first night to the reception lady who confirmed us that this would be no problem. The day after the trouble started. They tried everything to make it impossible to get refunded:

1) the boss is not here and will be here at 17:00

2) your reservation is still active in booking.com so we cannot do anything. Watch out with this dont cancel your reservation online because they will charge you cancelation fee directly.

3) we do not have cash at hand and the banks are closed etc etc

4) the payment done by credit card cannot be canceled with the data-phone....

In the end we managed with the help of Booking.com through several calls and emails to get our money back for the 4 remaining nights. All in cash which was even unpleasant because we had the feeling that we would be robbed once leaving the hotel (shady neighborhood).

Please watch out booking the accommodation. They are highly trained to make you stay / pay for something that is not what you expected.

In the end we went to hotel Wyndhamp which is real 4 star for little more money.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple