US$89
US$33
US$30
US$38
Hotel Maria Jose(Merida)(Great Value!)
US$34
Hotel Hacienda Inn(Merida)(Great Value!)
US$33
US$32
Hotels.com
US$37
US$35
Aries y Libra(Merida)(Great Value!)
US$24
Akasha Hostel(Merida)(Great Value!)
US$22
  • Breakfast included
US$19
Hotel Santa Maria(Merida)(Great Value!)
US$25
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I stayed with family at this hotel in July '17. It's very basic, no proper restaurant but new and with walking distance to shopping centres. We had breakfast and dinner in the many restaurants at the shoppIng centres.
This hotel is in a very convenient place to travel to Progreso beach, Chichén-Itza and different "cenotes".
It doesn't have many rooms and is a small hotel, rooms have cooking facilities, mini fridge and a sink. There's a small pool at the hotel but we didn't use it. Good place to stay if you plan to go out, enjoy Mérida and just wash and sleep at the hotel.
Staff were very nice and helpful.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
KooxHotels, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Koox Siglo 21 Corporate Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2017

Dear Meli,

Thanks a lot for your review of your stay with us and it's a pleasure to know that you enjoyed our services and facilities, and specially our excelent location.
Thanks a lot for chosen us and we look forward to welcome you very soon!

Best regards!

Reviewed 29 December 2016 via mobile

If you check my reviews you will see that I call it as I experience it. Do not use this hotel or Orbitz to book it!!!! We are going to have to work with Visa to help us get something done. After we checked in and stayed BECAUSE ALMOST ALL HOTELS WERE BOOKED, we tried to check out before noon. We couldn't because their "system had us staying longer and they couldn't change the computer". We left with a lot of arguing and trying to call Orbitz -as of yet No help!
Please learn from our terrible experience. Read the fine and finer and invisible print. Just stay away. It looks like we will be paying for 3 rooms for a week without being there. That translates to a lot of money that they are stealing from us.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 November 2016

This is the worst hotel I have stayed in Merida, filthy everywhere, mildew in the showers, don´t be fooled by the location this is far from downtown. At 4 am someone was working, hammering somewhere in the hotel. Stay way from this place, Merida has much more to offer. We booked for two nights and had to look for another hotel as were not going to stay another night although they took our money.

Room Tip: Stay away, do not choose this hotel
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hector M
Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

Merida was full so we stayed here and liked it. It is quite new so it is very clean- hopefully they manage to maintain it that way. Taxi to center is approx 100 pesos and museum us across the street. Don't expect too much from the poll restaurant which is a pity as it is pleasant setting in natural shade-they should definitely upgrade this. The only annoying thing which i normally hate and find to be gross is that drain in the shower did not work. This is why cleaning lady cannot clean it fully and otherwise they really do a good job. Front office staff is very helpful and nice. Elderly gentleman in his 50s was very helpful and spoke excellent english. I recommend staying here but make sure your drain works.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
KooxHotels, E-Business Manager at Koox Siglo 21 Corporate Aparthotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

Dear Sirs,

Thanks a lot for your review of your stay at Ko'ox Siglo 21 Corporate Aparthotel. We are very happy to know the positive items but we are more happy to know the negative issues that help us to improve our services and facilities and to do a best job every day.

Thanks again for your words and we look forward to welcome you very soon!

Regards,

Reviewed 23 September 2015

When I was looking for a hotel in Merida for a three days/four nights stay I was looking for a place very close to the Plaza de la Independencia to have my morning walks and breakfast in the centre, then walk the city, get back to the hotel, relax a little and get out again for further exploring and dinner. I had three places in my short list and finally decided for this place. One, a very import point for my decision, was the very close proximity to the centre. As shown on Google maps it was supposed to be a five minutes walk. That was the plan. Then I got to Merida and when telling the taxi driver the name of the place he said this is way outside the city. I said, no, it must be right in the centre and showed him the direction on the Google map. He said we can pass by there but there will be no hotel. And he was right. We then went off to the right direction -  a 30 minute drive in taxi outside the city!

When getting to the hotel I was very angry and told the guys at the reception that they have a wrong direction on their page and that Google shows the hotel at one block away from plaza majority right in the middle of the centre of Merida. Instead they are so far away. They told me they had these complains before -  then I wonder why didn't they change it asap!?

I find it completely unacceptable that a wrong direction is given only to attract travelers to this place. I would have never ever stayed in the Siglo 21 - knowing what I wanted to do in Merida - if I would have known that it is a 30 minute taxi drive outside of town. And it's not only about the additional costs (at least the hotel payed the first drive into town, which still was only half what I payed for the searching drive with the taxi, but at least they did this), it's even more about the lost time. Going twice you sit two hours in the traffic instead of wandering the old city.

The hotel itself is completely new. Rooms are big, have comfortable beds, a safe in the room, air conditioning and a big shower. But you only have options to hang your clothes, not even one board in the closet. In the back is a nice pool, which gives you the choice of sitting in the shadow or the sun. If you are lucky enough to get one of the rooms facing the pool than you get out of the noise that comes from the very crowded street that passes right in front of the hotel. It's the main street passing to Progresso. But it's not helping you to save you from the loud music that comes from a nearby market that kicked me out of my bed at 6:50 on a Saturday morning.

So, the place itself is really nice, only in the wrong place and with noise issues. If you don't plan to visit the city often, if you plan on purpose to stay outside the city, if you are here for nearby businesses, if you travel the surrounding areas,  then that's your place. But no restaurant or shopping close by. At least not if you don't need 5 liter bottles of juice or 2 liter bottles of body lotions sold by the Costco across the street.

Because of having really crossed my travel plans with wrong Informations I only can give a maximum of two stars. And these I give for the nice place itself and especially for the very nice people working in the hotel. I got very nice service and treatment.

If you want to know where the place is check on Google maps or Google Earth for "Restaurant Familia Espadas de Rio Lotorros". This must have been the place before, on Google Earth you see how the building looks from outside. If this doesn't help search for "Gran museo del mundo maya". That's on the other side of the street. I hope this review helps travellers from being unintentionally on the wrong area of town.

Room Tip: Room facing the pool, otherwise it's facing a very loud, busy road
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo