Riviera Maya Suites(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$86
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$252
US$180
  • Breakfast included
Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club(Playa del Carmen)
US$161
US$156
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$174/night.

The Palm at Playa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$167
  • Breakfast included
La Tortuga Hotel & Spa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$65
  • Pool
US$309
US$247
  • Pool
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$421
US$263
  • Breakfast included
Soho Playa Hotel(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$89
US$792
US$665
Melia.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$508
US$379
  • Beachfront
All reviewshot watergreat locationinexpensive hotelnice hotelwifi
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Hotel Alux is in a good location just behind the Main Street.

The rooms are quite large and spacious compared to others around. It's a little run down, but for the low price, it's a pretty good hotel if you want somewhere cheap.

Wifi didn't work very well in my room, so if I wanted to use it I had to stay in the reception area.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Our family had been satisfied enough to return to this hotel 4 times! The location can't be beat: walk to the beach or 5th Ave. That being said, don't come to this hotel expecting much more than a bed and private bathroom. We have had no complaints about thr cleaning services. This is a no frills location, but the price reflects that!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 January 2016

Quaint little hotel with an open lobby. Everything is well maintained and cleaned. The bed even had had towel art, unusual in budget hotels.

The room was a good size and the bed was comfortable.

Brush up on your Spanish, because the staff speaks little English.

A nice, inexpensive hotel - in a great location.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2015 via mobile

A real maxican hotel runned by a family. It's a budget hotel but the personnel is very friendly and the quality of service and the rooms are very good . They don't speak alot of English but you will manage. One tip just get used to the Mexican ways. The hotel is 50m from the tourist area.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends
Corporativo H, Gerente at Hotel Alux Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2015

Fabion B

Thank you very much for you comments! It really made us feel well. We are pleased that you were confortable and happy. Hope to see you soon sometime in the future!

Reviewed 18 May 2015

I have used the Hotel Alux for overnight stays in Cancun for many years and always found it a good value and good location when I am traveling by ADO bus. This was my first visit at Alux in Playa del Carmen and pleased with my choice.
The location was ideal for my needs since I was traveling by ADO bus and it is very close to the terminal on 20. And while I try to avoid 5th Av., for those interested, it is two blocks away. For me, just about perfect.
I found the rooms to be a really excellent value. Everything well maintained and spotlessly cleaned. I don´t recall ever seeing whiter sheets on any bed. I even had towel art, which I don´t often see in budget hotels. The room was very spacious and the bed comfortable. A chair would have been nice. Plenty of electrical outlets and a well lighted room. As some have mentioned, it would have been a bit brighter to have a balcony room but , for the price, no complaints.
One thing I will avoid in the future is being given a connecting room. Always noise from connecting rooms and no exception here. Also , as mentioned, it seems to be a family run place with Mom at the front desk and a number of kids playing in the lobby and in front of the hotel. But not noisy so no problem for me.
Little English spoken by staff but ok for me--this is Mexico. All very friendly and smiling.
If looking for a well locaed budget hotel, I highly recommend.

Room Tip: Try to get room with balcony and avoid adjoining rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo