The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$416
US$374
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$264
US$164
US$210
US$183
Bookit.com
The Palm at Playa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$129
  • Breakfast included
Riviera Maya Suites(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$105
US$322
US$229
Melia.com
Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$117
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$425
US$329
  • Beachfront
La Tortuga Hotel & Spa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$92
Hotels.com
  • Pool
La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$52
All reviewsmolethe grillalfredoyhi spablue agaveroyal poolexclusive restaurantamazing butlerdinner reservationsate at la palapabutler angelrs poolheated poolpassion fruit sauceroyal areamiso salmonjersey boys show
Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Danura at La Palapa, I can’t say enough. For the first time in 5 days we received real personable service. Not saying the rest have been bad, but Danura brings a type of atmosphere you would hope for in a evening out with friends. Thank you Danura for our best night yet!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank undertow01
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Having a relaxing time in the Paradisus La Perla royal service. Weather terrible constant rain but staff all friendly and making the best of it. Due to the rain the Balinese are in high demand unfortunately some people are being allowed to pre book and then not turning up for several hours disadvantaging other guests against hotel policy. No point having a policy so that all guests are equal if it’s not applied. A real shame as everything else is great.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Paradisus La Perla is truly first class in every way. We decided to upgrade to Royal Service upon arrival and I am glad that we did. The resort it self is incredibly nice. The attention to detail in the landscaping and interior/exterior design is pretty amazing considering the size of the resort. Someone is spending a fortune maintaining the resort to this level. We have been to other all inclusives and this resort stands out above the rest for lots of reasons.

The service and food were easily the best of any comparable resort that i have ever been to. If ANYONE complains about the food here I would chalk it up to their taste (or lack there of). Every single meal we ate was awesome. Not just good tasting but well thought out and creative. I was skeptical going in and every single person in our group was shocked at how good the food was. If you like seafood you will get a huge bonus in going here. Tons of seafood options at most restaurants. We enjoyed La Palapa (royal service only) every morning for breakfast and I think I had a different breakfast every morning. All were great. Bana, Fuego, Teppenyaki, and Mole were our top choices for dinner. Drinks at Blue Agave were our favorite and the bartenders at this were great and friendly. I cant say this enough. The food blew us away!

It was pretty evident that the people who work at this resort love to their jobs. Most people were very welcoming and hard working. Our butler Brayan was great. We had two special occasions while we were there and he made sure our rooms were setup to celebrate. We spent 90% of our time in the royal service pool. I am not sure what it is like at the main pool but the service was over the top. Alfredo deserves a raise. After the first day he knew what we wanted to drink and when. We would sit down and he would bring us a bucket of water on ice. When it was time for drinks he knew the things we wanted. He was always smiling and checking on us. I never had to get up if I didn't want to. His service helped make our trip special and we had so much fun interacting with him. The bartender at the pool was Antonio the whole week and made us new drinks to try. The food at this pool was great. Make sure you try the chicken wings.

We had read reviews about the beach not being great and I would agree with that. The seaweed was certainly not ideal. This is the only negative thing I can think of.

Our room was great and the house cleaning was easily the best we have ever had. My wife would always note how they organized her things in the bathroom. Cleaned hair out of her hairbrush. Had a bath waiting when we got back for the night. I feel like it is rare to notice things like house keeping but we were impressed.

We left our trip relaxed and eager to return. If you want a relaxing trip with top notch food and service I would book this place. Royal Service was worth it in my opinion. We will certainly be back and will be recommending this resort to everyone we know!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank bradharby
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I just got back from a 10 night trip to Mexico. This was our 2nd stop and we spent 3 nights here. We booked the 1 bedroom master suite swimup. The room was amazing, very large, lots of mirrors. The tub in the bathroom was the largest I’ve seen. Fits 2 people very comfortably. Shower had 2 rain heads and 2 handheld shower heads which we enjoyed. Swimup was so much fun and feeds right into the main pool. Since it was our honeymoon, during housekeeping on day they left us chocolate covered strawberries and champagne and made us a bubble bath with balloons and rose petals. :-) Housekeeping & turndown service did an amazing job. All the housekeepers did a consistent and great job cleaning and organizing each day. Servers walked around the pools to take drink orders and deliver. Drinks were good and strong. The food was amazing. Presentation and taste were on point. I’m sure we will be back!

The only negative I can think of would be the beach. Wasn’t that great. Kinda small, and lots of seaweed. Might be time of the year as all places seemed to have a lot.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

We came on our 1st anniversary for a 5 day trip and we were literally treated like royalty since the moment we walked in. We were greeted with a golf cart ride to royal service 1st, then given a sparking wine at check in, given all the information of the hotel and grounds, and given a free bottle of liquor as a welcome gift.

Royal service gives you access to 14 restaurants that are all so yummy. Our butler Alexander made our vacation relaxing and romantic by giving us chocolate covered strawberries and champagne, bubble baths and stocking our mini fridge with what we preferred for drinks.
Magnolia, our daily maid, came in 2 times a day to clean our room and fold clothes/do turn down service. We had room service twice and it was fast and delicious!!

The royal service bar at the pool was our place to hand. The best bartenders Johnny, Emmanuel, Mariano, and Alfredo took amazing care of us and made sure we always had a drink in hand and food for lunch.

La palapa is exclusive for royal service members and the white fish appetizer was to die for. We also ate breakfast there! It is a little tough if you are uncomfortable with humidity and heat. If you want air conditioned meals, opt out of la palapa. It is outdoors. We ate at The Market, Hadar, Bana Teppanyaki, and Fuego. I would say the BEST was by far Fuego. Amazing dishes. Try the veal for sure and the Picarones for dessert. The only thing I would advise is do opt out of the habachi at Bana. We sat with 3 other couples through a miserably hot show. I felt like I was going to pass out because of the heat from the stove and lack of strong AC. We left before dessert and we were drenched in sweat. Not everyone had the same experience, and the food was very good! Just something to think about. Everyone who works at the restaurants and bars give such great service! Make sure to tip them when you visit!!

We had read reviews about the beach being covered in sea weed so we weren’t too surprised when we came. We still spent a day at the beach after they had cleaned it. They have a little excavator and workers who wake up early to clear off the sea weed the best they can. The water by royal service is closed bc of rocks, but you can easily walk down to the la Esmeralda beach area and swim!

We wake up early and didn’t get to enjoy much of the entertainment, but what we did see was very fun. They also offer hookah at the south ave bar, djs at the beach club, and karaoke.

We enjoyed our stay here! For the price we got on Expedia flight and all inclusive royal service, we couldn’t beat it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple