Just looking at the photos posted, makes me want to go back!
Please keep in mind, this is a family resort. Lots of kids, but you can manage to find a quiet spot as we did and did not regret our choice.
Food : 5/5* I am extremely fussy and fully enjoyed everything I had, but one meal. Stay away from the molle (chocolat sauce). Takes more like black beans sauce with no salt. Everything else was amazing! I wish I stayed 10 days instead of 7, in order to taste everything on their menus. Isalian and Japanese were outstanding. You may eat at a-la-carte restaurants as often as you wish.
Rooms : 5/5* Amazing rooms. Extremely secur, seeing that you need to pass your ID card in two doors before entering you room. (They have an entrance that leads to a suite and a regular "deluxe" room. Could improve lighting above sinks, but really enjoyed everything else.
Pools : 5/5* Infinity pool near the beach - Awesome! Not to mention the pool in between the villas, that are so long, they start at reception almost and lead directly to the last villas near the beach.
GOs : Animation is really good and professional. They have professionals come to the hotel for the night shows. Really enjoyed each one. The day time animation was great and they are extremely friendly.
Beach : If you're looking for an impeccable beach, you will be disappointed with Riviera Maya, no matter where you stay. I have to admit though, that at the Azul Fives, there was plenty of space to lay out in the sun without feeling like lined up sardines. I went to the Grand Sunset Princess two years ago and when I went back to take a look at it during this stay, I couldn't believe how cramped everyone was.
All in all, you will not be disappointed. Would go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just 10 minutes from charming Playa del Carmen, Azul Fives Hotel is noted for enormous suites designed for families and friends with up to three bedrooms with rooftop decks. Activities and special experiences foster togetherness for families, couples and groups of friends. The 360-suite hotel offers the renowned Gourmet Inclusive® concept, as well as flexible meal plan options to suit all agendas. Private barbecues highlight family activities, and the Kid’s Club sponsored by Fisher-Price® caters to children. Rooftop Weddings inspire soon-to-be-married couples. The 24-hour room service and full-service concierge ensure memorable vacations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Fives By Karisma Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen Mexico - Riviera Maya