The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$309
US$269
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$150
  • Breakfast included
The Palm at Playa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$164
  • Breakfast included
Riviera Maya Suites(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$140
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$419
US$319
  • Beachfront
La Tortuga Hotel & Spa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$65
  • Pool
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$402
US$287
Melia.com
Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club(Playa del Carmen)
US$154
US$146
Banyan Tree Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$464
US$352
HotelsClick
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$463/night.

8,968 results
All reviewsgin barla brasserieinfinity poolessence sectionoka sushiflavours restaurantbedroom sky suitesea oliveprestige memberspool butlersthe cantinaspider monkeysroom servicekids clubgourmet inclusivefull kitchenpoolside grill
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

It was my first time at this resort and I had a terrible experience. I arrived on Saturday to check in and I was told that the building I was supposed to stay in had the A/C not working, so they sent me and my husband to The Fives at downtown in Playa del Carmen. The hotel is very pretty but it is very very different from what I paid for since the beginning. It is a city hotel, it is NOT a resort. It does not have a beach front and many of the things I paid for at the Fives. I could not enjoy the hotel and basically lost my first two days of vacations. Coming from the snow and a very busy city where I live in, the least I was expecting was to stay at a city hotel. The street is extremely loud and I could not sleep at all. Since I was sleepy all day, my Sunday was painful in all senses. I had a tour scheduled for Sunday and I had no energy to do anything because I didn’t have enough sleep. When we got back to Azul the Fives I was told that the hotel was overbooked over the weekend and that was the reason why they moved us. I complain via email and I waited more than a week to hear back from the hotel and I never received an answer or apology from the Hotel. This has been seriously the worst experience I ever had. I will not recommend anyone to stay at their premises.

This is what happens when you change your hotel chain for something else. The hotel should not be advertised as a luxurious hotel or luxurious service, as the service received was nothing close to be average for Playa del Carmen much less was going to be luxurious.
There are plenty of hotels that have a much better service. I recommend you to consider something else instead.

Up to this date, I have not received any response from the hotel.

Adira, Sociology Professor.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monse V
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at The Fives Azul Beach Resort Playa Del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear Monse V

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor, it was an honor to host your recent stay at undefined

While I am very happy to know you did find many aspects of your stay to be enjoyable, I am disappointed to learn of the challenges you encountered with services extended by members of our teams. Typically we are known to provide our guests with an unmatched level of service however I am very sorry if that was not your experience.

We hope to have an opportunity to host you once again in the future, so that we may provide you with the stay you had envisioned. Please, if any assistance is needed regarding this review experience contact us directly at customercare@karismamexico.com

Kind Regards,

gm@azulfiveshotel.com
The Fives Axul Beach Resort Playa del Carmen by Karisma

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Kristina R Azules is a beautiful resort., well maintained, top shelf alcohol, 4 diamond international cuisine, pristine beach, water and pools. We celebrated our wedding at Azule Fives with 34 of our nearest and dearest family and friends... it was an experience of a lifetime. So many amazing memories were had... the food was out of this world (coming from a red seal chef) the service and staff were fantastic! Honorable mention to Cynthia (and wedding crew) who went above in beyond and had to handle some rather unusual requests ;) ... thank you l! Ricardo and bar tending partner at the Adults only pool “Best Caesars Ever” with the friendliest and most attentive service he looked after many of us on a daily basis and made sure we were well taken care of. The restaurant at the Adults only is a must visit! Alejandra kept our suit spic and span each day after many a fun night were had on our roof top patio. She also found items left behind and made sure they made it to guests that were still at the resort.. THANK YOU!!! Lastly but not least the spa stylists that came to our room the day of the wedding to do our hair and makeup... I’ve never received so many compliments on my hair and how beautiful they made us look for our wonderful wedding photos. I highly recommend Azules Playa Del Carmen ... I would certainly go back and some guest have already started to plan their next trip there for 2019. Thank you for everything .. you all made our special day one that we will never forget!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
KarismaHotelsResorts, Manager at The Fives Azul Beach Resort Playa Del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear Kristina R

Thank you for allowing us to host your wonderful family during your recent visit to the Riviera Maya and for taking the time to share your words of appreciation.

We are thrilled to know that everyone in your group you had an enjoyable time and that your wedding celebration was wonderful and memorable. Thank you again and we hope to have the honor of welcoming you back once more to the Azul Beach Resort The Fives, Playa del Carmen Luxury Resorts & Residences by Karisma or another one of our Karisma Hotels and Resorts.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing time at Azul Fives. This was 7th time to the Fives. It’s a Wonderful family resort with excellent restaurants, facilities and wonderful staff. The resort is constantly upgrading itself. Our favourites restaurants were Arezzo Italian, Mestizo Mexican, Natura at the Adult Pool. Staff were very attentive and friendly. Special shout outs to Justina at Brasserie breakfast Elida at Flavours and Oriola, the beach butlers on Bali bed side: Josue, Enrique, Luis, Victor, Gabby, Alejandro. Abel our Server at Natura, Marco at Arezzo and Pedro at Brasserie for dinner plus Yadira and Maria servers at Lizards. Our favourite bartenders who kept our thirst At bay: Arturos and Marcos and Aracelli at Palmas, William at Lizards, and Paulina by Villa 17. We are missing our Fives family and will be back soon!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear TripAdvisor user

Thank you for your recent review of our property, it is great to hear about the friendly staff that made your stay memorable and how you enjoyed our restaurants and our new adults only pool area.

We thank you for your loyalty and hope to you see back very soon for an 8th visit at the Azul Beach Resort The Fives, Playa del Carmen Luxury Resorts & Residences by Karisma.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We went to the French restaurant for breakfast and Justina took care of us, taught us some Spanish words, was very friendly, and remembered our names! I also highly recommend trying the French toast!

Thanks for the great service Justina!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Dear

Thank you for your review and kinds word, we appreciate the time taken to share your experiences. I am delighted to know you had wonderful service from Justina and enjoyed your Gourmet Inclusive experience at the Le Brasserie.

We look forward to having you back for another delicious breakfast at Le Brasserie in Azul Beach Resort The Fives, Playa del Carmen Luxury Resorts & Residences by Karisma.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Dinner at Koh Thai was amazing. Great Thai cuisine. Decor and atmosphere very nice. Service was impeccable. Thank you Martin Mendez for the wonderful service and fun personality. Definitely should go if visiting Azul Five.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandra M

Dear Sandra M

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of our property, we appreciate your comments and are happy to hear you enjoyed the services from our wonderful team member Martin Mendez.

We all look forward to the privilege of serving you again at Azul Beach Resort The Fives, Playa del Carmen Luxury Resorts & Residences by Karisma.