This is my second review for Trip Advisor and again I am pleased to give a positve one. Just returned from Banyan Tree and look forward to returning again soon. From the moment you enter Mayakoba the drive excites you as to what lays ahead. You feel that you have left Mexico and diverted to a lagoon in Thailand. What brings you back is the warm Mexican hospitality of the staff as you are greeted and escorted to your villa. Upon entering your villa, you face a lap pool with your living apt to one side and dining and lounging lanai to the other. The room is expansive , the outdoor tub is inviting, The glass walled shower facesa small garden and outdoor tub. A privacy screen is there if you should need it.
HIs and her vanity sinks face each other seperated by a large mirror and are stocked with amenities in case forgotten. other reviews further comment on the rooms so i will stop here. The point is that all is well thought out for your comfort.
What seperates Banyan Tree from other luxury resorts is the overall experience of being pampered and appreciated by the staff. The restaurants menus are diversified and delicious although i would suggest eating at Saffron more than once. The wine list is reasonably priced and offer a full selection of Californian, French, Italian, Spanish and Mexican wine. i suggest when in Mexico try the Valle de Guadaloupe wines a treat you should not pass up.
The beach attendents make it worth while to go to the beach even in less than perfect weather. The attentiveness, and sincerety they exhibit when saying that their main interest is that you have a vacation and let them worry about everything for you, is true in how they cater to anticipated wishes.
Which brings us to the SPA. WOW. i suggest you not go if you would like to return home and continue to enjoy your home therapist. However if you would want to experience being brougt into the moment of peace and tranquility , than you must risk it. If only a vacation could accomodate trying all the treatments.
if a property should have some negatives, the ones that i found could have been overcome with some calls on my behalf and did not negatively affect my review of the property. There is no central concierge to consult on area restaurants and opinions diifer as to the quality of outside eating places. i would suggest that even though you can eat on propery every day and be happy, that the front office should have a list of menus available. Also, as i am one to cook when the iron is hot, i had asked each day to meet with a sales representative for the residences and each day i was promised that someone would be in touch with me. its more difficult to tour the property once i have left.
i suggest that if your looking for the ultimate Couples resort, where you can enjoy your privacy, eat great food, experience a fantastic spa, and be pampered then you need look no further that Banyan Tree
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba is a site of almost mythical beauty. It flawlessly blends elegance and nature, taking the Caribbean lifestyle to an unprecedented new height. A breathtaking getaway for relaxation, rejuvenation, romance and world-class dining, it is also the region's most sustainable five-star resort. With its revitalized culinary concepts, Thai-inspired therapies at the Banyan Tree Spa, 14 event-venues and the Greg Norman signature 18- hole El Camaleon golf course, home to the PGA Tour Mayakoba Classic, the resort raises the bar for premium leisure options and event planning. Perfect for private getaways, family trips and group events, the Banyan Tree Mayakoba offers 118 villas, ranging from romantic Bliss and Serenity Pool Villas to Family Residences and Ocean Front Villas. All include outdoor areas with private pools and terraces. Inspired by the interior courtyards of houses in the Far East, each villa is discreetly built to blend with the landscape, integrating the interiors and their idyllic surroundings. East meets West in every subtle detail, from the fragrance of flowers encircling your villa, to the softness of a kimono, fine linens and essential oils on your skin. Here, even world-weary guests discover the eloquence of tranquility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, seekda GmbH and HotelQuickly so you can book your Banyan Tree Mayakoba reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Banyan Tree Mayakoba Playa Del Carmen, Mexico - Riviera Maya