“The Best Massage in Playa”
Review of Sabai Spa

Sabai Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Sabai is a Thai word that means “Relax” and that has been our porpoise in the last five years.Sabai is a simple but enjoyable concept for your senses and peace of mind, located inside of one of the most beautiful places of the 5th avenue “El Jardin de Marieta”.Our menu includes several massage therapies, facials, manicure, pedicure and waxing at fear prices.
Dallas, Texas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“The Best Massage in Playa”
Reviewed 24 March 2012

This is a must do while in Playa. My wife and I average about two massages per week on every vacation to this area. We have tried several other places, and agree that this is far superior to any other place. Try it once, and you will be a regular customer too.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank Mike C

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So Relaxing and a great price!”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We had a couples massage for an hour that was soooooo relaxing and great! The temp in Sabai is perfect! Nice and cool. It is very quiet and relaxing. For 1 hour couples massage it was $60USD which is a fabulous price! We tipped well b/c of the great service! I will be at Sabai next time in Playa for sure!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Alicia W
Waterloo, Ia
82 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“My favorite massage in Playa!”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This was my 5th time here. I love the outdoor setting they provide. You hear the water and the birds and it's so peaceful. I had a deep tissue massage this time and it was very good. They only thing, they used to be 2 for $50 and are now 2 for $60. I saw that down the street they had them 2 for $45.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank JDWLOO
Washington DC, District of Columbia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“We loved the back "jungle" room”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The place was very clean and professional. We liked the back area which is a private "jungle" courtyard. We went back several times in one week. The place is hard to find so you have to look for the little white booth out front. It's across from a fabulous restaurant that has nopales (cactus) and good surf and turf. Look for the little pig grill right in front. Sabai staff are happy to show you the facilities first before you decide. The courtyard you walk through to enter is gorgeous and charming. One of the prettiest things at night that I have ever seen.

Visited November 2011
Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Overpriced - you can get a better massage at a better place all over Playa”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We went the other day after reading all the fantastic reviews. I don't understand - perhaps the people that venture in here just don't know any better? Or maybe there are some truly superior massage therapists that they got and we didn't. Here's our experience. We walked over i the morning to make a reservation for 4pm. The price for a 1 hour massage is 400 pesos. We had already had a lovely massage on the beach for 300 pesos and had passed many places hawking massages for 300 pesos. But this place had such great reviews we though it must be worth the extra 100 pesos. We were asked to put a deposit of 200 pesos down for our reservation. That is standard it seems and we happily obliged. We came back at 3:50. We walked in, quietly, and a woman came out from the back and asked us to wait out front until our appointment time. It seemed the interior area was all massage rooms where massages were being given and there was no place to wait inside. That was fine. They wanted it to remain quiet inside. So we waited until we were called in. They put us in a room inside. I had read all these reviews about this incredible gorgeous garden setting and just assumed that is where all the massages took place. They do not. We asked if we could have ours in the garden but they were booked. So we stayed in our room. The upside is it is air conditioned in there. I needed to use the bathroom beforehand. It was really dismal. No toilet seat. And it was dirty. The sink faucet was barely workable and the floor was wet (I'd already taken off my shoes.) The ladies who administered our massages were decent, but not great. Mine used baby oil on me which I detest - and she used gobs of it. My hair was drenched in it - she kept rubbing up my neck into my hair with her oil slicked hands. I had to towel off when I left otherwise my clothes would have been ruined. If you're going to use baby oil, use it sparingly and rub it in! We opted to pay by credit card. They charged us the full 800 pesos - not 600, minus the 200 deposit. I'm sure they must know this - reservations require a deposit. We had a reservation. But they had already charged it. They suggested we just sign and they can use the 200 pesos as tip. I wouldn't have given them what amounted to a 25% tip for that crummy massage, but my husband was handling all of this and it was kind of awkward because other patrons were in the room. I just felt taken advantage of in the end. A crummy, oily overpriced massage with a dirty toilet and an extorted 25% tip. Please go elsewhere.

Visited February 2012