note: Sorry if those comments are not written as weel as we'd like to; our first language is french!
You should pay a big price for an Hotel but you will never find perfection; this is a reality. But some always try to reach perfection. The Royal Hideway Playacar is one of them.
Some hotels try to make a show by being big, luxuous, tinsel but the staff and the food are just average. At Royal Hideaway Playacar, the emphasis is to serve you as a VIP, nothing less.
If you are looking for a quiet hotel (no children there), excellent services, great food, and to be near the amazing Playa del Carmen, you should consider this resort as the best choice.
My wife and I had made many trips before (all in resorts of 4.5* or more, and cruise ships too) and we can assure that The Royal Hideway Playacar is on top of the list.
They make you feel important; not as a fancy client but as people who are there to forget everything and let them helping you to relax and to be be completly satisfy.
The check in make you feel important (thanks to Antonio, Yanine and Melissa), the bellboys were very helpful (thanks to Bogart and a special thought for Alvaro that is a real gentleman). Our Concierge was always available and she answered more than we were expected to(Carolina, you were fantastic). At the pool/beach area, everybody works hard; Alex you are always running to serve all the people. We could say the same for the waiters and all the staff everywhere in this resort. Palazzo and Azia restaurants were the best for us, for both food and ambiance. Umberto was our waiter three times; what a nice guy!
The room was always clean, the same for the lobby area and restaurants. Breakfast buffet was stunning for a "small" resort. Lunch time was the best (At the deck) we met becausein other resorts we usually found very little choise but here the choice is wide and the service still quick and courteous. Maybe We should say that sometimes we felt bad about seeing the staff running and running. But they kept smiling and stay polite in despite of hard work.
Because nothign is perfect, we found (as any whiners people lol) 4 minor points to be fixed (but the rest is so wonderful that we would eb in bad faith to insist on those points): 1- Repetitive music at the pool and also at the Spices restaurant (breakfast). 2- Regarding the fact that most of the people quit the beach/pool area before 4PM, there is no bar elsewhere where we could take a drink before 6pm. So, as many people, after showers, we dressed for dinner but we not able to take any apperitif before 6pm except by going on beach area (most of restaurants are on the opposite side - Lobby area) 3- The doors of each room are very noisy when people close them (echo); cushioning should be fixed on doors frame 4- There are a lot of seagulls on the pool edge, each day. That is unpleasant. Is there a way to resolve this problem?
Anyway, we received so much touches from the staff that those points are non signifiants compared to our satisfaction.
Royal Hideway staff...
You were simply WONDERFUL so that it was very emotive for us to quit the resort, in particular towards Alvaro (bell boy), Carolina (Concierge), Alex (speedy Gonzales) and Umberto (waiter-Palazzo).
p.s. A big stike to this man of the Occidental Allegro (nearby hotel....same company) who was interceping tourists on the the street tho sell excursions by saying that Royal Hideway was not a good place to buy excursion (cheap shot from a "brother"!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning luxury all inclusive resort set along the beautiful beaches of Playa del Carmen, Mexico. Ideal setting in a serene environment for complete rest and relaxation. Adults only. Member of The Leading Hotels of the World. 2008 winner of the coveted AAA 5 Diamond Award. 11 villas with private concierge are spread throughout the property's immaculate grounds. Six gourmet restaurants serve delicasies in menu-style dining. A full service spa offers the ultimate in papmering and body treatments. Personalzied service and attention to detail set this resort a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Barcelo, Agoda, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Royal Hideaway Playacar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Hideaway Playacar & Occidental Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Playacar And Occidental Resorts
- Royal Hideaway Playa Del Carmen
- Royal Hideaway Mexico
- Occidental Royal Hideaway
- Royal Hideaway Playacar Playa Del Carmen, Mexico - Riviera Maya