The place was great. We've been to this area about 4-5 times. Stayed at different resorts and at different times. September is always GREAT. The ocean was calm, the beach white and clean. Food was very good. French was the best.
We went with four couples. Everyone at the resort was friendly and had a smile on their face. There were a few guest that were rude to the staff. Treat people with respect where ever you go. Duh! Yes, there was a little musty smell. You're at the ocean. Bring a little air freshener, get over it. It is the same in the rest of the resorts in the area.
The negative reviews are so wrong. If anyone has a bad time in a place like this then they are the kind of people who won't be happy any where. Yes, the beds were hard, it didn't bother me I slept like a log. Rooms were clean, food was good, drinks were great. Only issue I had is that they rolled up the carpets at 5-6 o'clock in the adult section and closed the pools and bar. Over all a really great time at this resort.
Date stamp on camera wasn't set. :( Sorry. Pictures are from Sept 8-15, 2012
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is an all-Inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen with both family and adult sections. We are ideally located on a magnificent white sandy beach in the gated community of Playacar, within walking distance to downtown Playa and Fifth Avenue. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is located only forty-five minutes from the Cancun International Airport, and the pier serving ferries to Cozumel is a short distance from our property.Playacar is a private, master-planned community situated on the southern edge of downtown Playa del Carmen. Guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa enjoy this exclusive community’s impressive infrastructure, including an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, the Xaman-Ha Aviary, pristine biking paths, and Mayan ruins, accessible to the public for hiking.Riviera Maya is a protected region where many remaining artifacts from the fascinating Mayan civilization can be found. Surrounded by Mayan archeological zones, such as those at Tulum, Coba, and Chicen-Itza, this Playa del Carmen hotel successfully preserves a strong sense of Mayan culture onsite, adding an authentic feel and flavor to the vacation experience in Playacar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandos Playacar Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Playacar Beach Hotel
- Hotel Sandos Playacar Beach
- Beach Playacar Resort Sandos
- Sandos Playacar Resort
- Sandos Playa Del Carmen
- Gala Resort Playacar
- Sandos Gala Playacar
- Sandos Playacar Mexico
- Sandos Resort
- Playacar Sandos