The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$426
US$272
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$399
US$150
US$210
US$183
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$511
US$329
  • Beachfront
The Palm at Playa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$129
  • Breakfast included
Riviera Maya Suites(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$431
US$287
Melia.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$318/night.

Maya Villa Condo Hotel & Beach Club(Playa del Carmen)
US$220
US$211
La Tortuga Hotel & Spa(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$65
  • Pool
La Pasion Hotel Boutique by Bunik(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$52
14,805 results
All reviewsmeeting pointriviera sectioncupcake cafeadult sectionhacienda suitesle gourmetavenue barcorderofestival buffetgrand buffetpremium barselect clubswim up barfrench restaurantkids clubelite poolfamily section
Reviewed 18 September 2012

My wedding was at Sandos Playacar on December 03,2011. My wedding planner was Lupita Aquino. She was WONDERFUL, I have not words to thank her for such a good service. She and her team went on and beyond her dutties. My wedding decoration was beautiful, the music was perfect and the restaurant was great. Our dinner was in the Brazilian restaurant and the ceremony was on the beach. I had 30 guests and all of them were in love with the hotel and the staff. and the beach is just PERFECT... really beautiful and clean.

In regards with wedding arrangements, if you get Lupita... TRUST HER everything that you need. and really enjoy your stay at the hotel... I regrett that I did not enjoy my time because I was concern with details and wondering how everything will turn out.

about the rooms:
the rooms close to the first reception or villages rae very quiet. no noise and you walk about 5 mins to get to the beach... no big deal really.
the rooms close to the pool lower level, very noise until 10 p.m
the rooms close to the pool/ beach upper level., you won't hear the noisy from the pool and the location is great.
all of the room were very nice, clean and the fridge was always full with drinks.

about the food:
On the buffets there was always something for everyone.... from fruits to cakes... from mexican to international food.
and the other restaurants are good as well but you got to put make a reservation with time ahead.

Have a good time and enjoy Sandos Playacar

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank VyB123
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Let me start by saying, how anybody can say this resort is terrible, the staff are not friendly or the location is not good really need to re-evaluate their expectations when booking holidays...
Starting at the front desk with Edgar and Brenda and finishing with Leonil on the entertainment team, the whole experience was first class. Waiters, waitresses, cleaners, security in fact all staff always, always said Ola' as they passed you and the eagerness of all to please and ensure your experience was top notch really stood out.
Sandos is getting it right and they should be proud of what they offer at this resort. The named people above are testament to the professional, top rating level of service offered, as are all others whose names are many. I had started to compile a list but sadly we have mis placed it . The two bar tenders on the Select club pool bar were superb as was their colleague who consistently ran around taking orders and bringing drinks to you... He was physically running to get them to you as quick as he could and always with a smile.
Sunday's see a Reggae group on the pools centre island (fantastic also) as was the group who performed by the pool on the following Monday and Friday. All other days saw a entertainment member playing a selection of music which brought the pool alive by the pool bar. Leonil (entertainment team member), daily completed stretching, exercise, volleyball and general interaction with us all in the pool area and was never pushy or over zealous. As example he asked my wife if she would like to relax in the pool with him. She said yes, but tomorrow. The next morning he brings a air bed to her, so she can float and RELAX in the pool.. How good is that for service.
We ate in all the restaurants apart from the Brazillian. The Mexican was superb as the staff really made the experience so special. The Asiana also was as last year exquisite, alongside French (Le Gourmet) and the Steak House (El Gaucho).
We arrived on Saturday 1st and spent 14 superb days in resort. We walked daily to the restaurant area for the lunch buffet and also ate there on some nights. It is called the Festival Buffet and every day it offers a minimum of 27 dishes in variety. Others on this site have commented recently on average food and poor service. Again, both my wife, the other couple with who we travelled and I could not in any way agree that this was the case. Staff and food quality was excellent. If anything, the staff could be accused of being over attentive by consistently offering beverage and other options with a consistent smile and eagerness of wanting to please.
While in resort, building work was happening in the Hacienda sections of the resort. Green hoardings erected to block view and create a pathway to the beach area from the select club /Riviera section at the back of the resort. Was this a problem? Well the answer is no.. The resort had made tremendous effort to ensure that all garden areas, even through the created walkway were kept to a superb standard. Even then builders shouted hello and smiled.
We did have a occasion where we had to ask for a rectification on our holiday. One day not being left face towels and the other being that we needed to exchange our wrist bands through a mis-understanding initially. On both occasions the team dealt with our request in a timely and efficient manner. When booking the speciality restaurants we always encountered a willingness to help and never a problem.
With the select club this year came the opportunity of using the Premium Bar area in the lobby. This offers Wi-fi, pc's, soft seating, Tv, snacks and premium drinks options. All with a very attentive bar tender who offered your every wish.
Sadly,I must say that on more than one occasion I witnessed these marvellous Mexican people being treated very badly and very rudely by some guests, who clearly believe that they are superior to them. Yes, they are there to offer a service, but to be spoken to by some in the disgraceful manner as some did was despicable and down right rude. I would probably suggest that these are some that openly write the reviews with nothing but complaints on this site.
Let's also get something clear here and now. The walk from the back of resort to the beach and front end pools (near the Meeting Point) takes 6 minutes at a  slow amble. I have actually filmed the walk and I hope to be able to upload it for proof of same. Yes it shows the building work, but this is low season temporary, so please do not be put off.

In conclusion, 14 superb days, totally relaxed and very enjoyed by our whole group. This resort is total value for money. Yes, as with anywhere problems can and will occur, but the whole staff element are superb in approach and should be duly commended for their efforts. Many thanks again to Edgar, Leonil, Brenda, the bar staff in the Select pool bar , in fact everybody....

I totally recommend Sandos Playacar Beach Resort. Enjoy the experience, interact with the staff and I assure you they will interact with you.. Lastly I would point out that we rarely tipped and not one staff member treated us differently by not tipping them. They work hard and long hours and I am sure any gratuity is welcome, but not a necessity.
Enjoy your holidays and please ask any questions you wish. I promise a very honest answer.

Room Tip: Select Club area is excellent . Gold bracelets are in this area...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
18  Thank Ianbryant250164
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed my time here. A wide variety of restaurants which offered delicious food, good service and "ok" white and red house wines..... a selection of other wines were available at an additional charge. Lots of areas to sunbathe....by the pools or on the beach. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Did not get any insect bites which can be a problem on the Pacific Coast during the summer. When booking, watch the prices and you can get some great bargains.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank CKJ_MOM3
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We are a fairly young couple who enjoy quiet locations with a bit of night life, good food and nice people, this ticked all the boxes.

We opted for the 'Select Club' which is an adults only section which if you don't have kids I would advise as the pool is really nice, has a swim up bar where you can make friends and the cocktails are amazing!!!
Great selection of restaurants, food is lovely, mexican restaurant is a real laugh but all of them are fantastic, don't let anyone tell you the food is not good, even the buffet is really good, great selection, hard not to go OTT the amount there is.
Activities are fantastic, lots of water vollyball, beech football, beech is great for more activities are loads of sun beds.
Nightlife is a little tame but don't be affraid to venture in Playacar for a few more lively bars, Coco Bonjos is a must, absolutely mental!!!
Rooms were spacious and lovely, huge bathrooms, premium bars are great for bottled beers is worth upgrading to the gold or black bands.
We had some professional photo's taken which they do for free then cost you anything from £50-£400 depending how many you want, well worth it, they were really good.
Overall its a great resort with plenty to do, staff are lovely, food and drink all good with lots of variety, hughly recommend.

Room Tip: Adults select club a must
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Gregzy66
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Just returned from a week at sandos playacar. We are 2 couples who have traveled together the last 5 years to cuba and we were looking for a change. We were not disappointed. I cannot say enough about the beach, crystal clear water, no rocks, beach was cleaned everyday.Drink service at the beach was great. We were in the 9000 adult only section and really appreciated the quiet. It was about a 7 minute walk to the beach. Great spa for adults, a la carte restaurants were good. This resort is in a very safe area and about a 10 minute cab ride to Playa del Carmen which has some good shopping. We would not hesitate to recommend this resort to any of our friend and we are looking forward to returning very soon. Thanks to all the staff who made our stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends