During the week of February 5th through the 11th my wife and I stayed at Playacar Palace. We went there because my wife’s sister was getting married there that week.
In the past we had stayed at the Moon Palace and it was huge and a bit expensive. We felt for us the Moon Palace was too big and was a bit turned off by the number of people and the largeness of the whole place. So when we heard we were going to PlayaCar Palace I was not that excited thinking that we would be just another person in the crowd. We were going to be in for a surprise!!!
We arrived to Playacar Palace and was immediately greeted with a drink and was brought over to a desk where we could sit down during check-in. This was different. Ok… Then we got the treatment… Mr. Bell this and Mrs. Bell that and we want you to enjoy your vacation… Welcome to Playacar Palace!!!
We was informed that our room was not ready… but when you get there 4 hours early.. What are we to expect. They held our bags and sent us off to eat and drink. What a small, beautiful, friendly place. When we got back to finalize the check-in, they had upgraded our room to a full view of the beach. Nothing but sun, sand, water and beautiful sunrises.
The bartenders immediately recognized us as new people and asked us our names. That was the last time we had to tell them our name and what we drank. From all of the staff it was always… “Our pleasure sir / mam” Always a smile from the staff and you had to be fast to be able to say “Hola” first. We never once waited for a drink… they was there first, asking if we wanted another. It seemed they always wanted to do more that you expected…. And they did.
We loved the food and enjoyed spending the $1,500 of credits they gave us. We went to the Spa for a Couples Massage, took an excursion. We had a Photo Session and, a chef’s meal and a Romantic Meal on the beach… all included it the spending money. It all seemed so and was so personalized.
What we loved mostly was the size of the resort, but you cannot take away for the beauty of the pool, the beach, restaurants, room and the location to Playa-Del-Carmen. It was one of the smallest we have stayed at, but was the most friendliest and accommodating. They seemed to always want to go out of their way to please you.
We loved Playacar Palace, it fit our definition of a pampered vacation and to us… that is what a vacation is all about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Playa Del Carmen, Mexico - Riviera Maya