Feb 4th, 2012 I stayed at Playacar Palace. I loved it for these reasons:
1. FRIENDLY STAFF!! they said "my pleasure" everytime I asked for something WITH a smile.
2. Smaller resort (not on big property, not a bunch of towers, not a long walk to pool or restaurant)
3. AWESOME BEACH! love, love love!
4. You can walk to town/bus stop & ferry dock (I walked to 5th Ave shops & even Starbucks everyday)
5. Nice rooms. Not TOP of the line but nice!
6. Currently they have FREE calls to US & FREE WIFI for everyone!( I Skyped friends from the pool!)
7.They made the best of their space. Theme nights/dinners by pool. Evening entertainment. Festive.
Only a few restaurants here ** The food is decent but not gourmet. Do not expect it to be ** but great service made up for it.
I am "hotel picky". Not because I stay in 5 star hotels all the time. I want the best for my money. Every hotels appeals to different people. Does your budget match your taste? (mine either) Don't go to a 3 star hotel, expecting 5 star rooms & service. Be realistic. Book with a local travel agent!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Playa Del Carmen, Mexico - Riviera Maya